SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Thanks for helping show my point. Islam is a problem
This was the point you were making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato
Western style democracy is simply choosing your form of government with regular elections.
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:15 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
To me that would indicate that they don't want the problem solved.
But you would still respect them?

Quote:
Because this thread (and my posts in particular) are talking about Islam. I didn't realise that you (or me) had to solve every other problem in the world before we were allowed to focus on any particular problem.
The problem we were discussing is women's rights, and that is the particular problem I am addressing. That's why I posted and subsequently referred to the Global Gender Gap Index.

What other problem did you think I was addressing?

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:17 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Do you regard countries such as Iran as democratic?
Iran is not democratic because the electorate do not get to vote for Iran's leaders.

Regarding countries ''such as Iran,'' you would have to be more specific.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:00 AM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
This was the point you were making.
Erm, nope. My point in this thread has always been that I disagree with your point that it is okay for countries to treat women as second class citizens.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:05 AM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
But you would still respect them?
No, for instance I don't respect the recent announcement of 3000 new homes to be built in what will hopefully become Palestine. Unless of course these homes are to be built for Palestinians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post

The problem we were discussing is women's rights, and that is the particular problem I am addressing. That's why I posted and subsequently referred to the Global Gender Gap Index.

What other problem did you think I was addressing?

Dusty
I'm still not sure why you don't object to Islams rating of women as second class citizens. I'm also not sure why you consider comparing them to Christian countries as a point.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:08 AM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Iran is not democratic because the electorate do not get to vote for Iran's leaders.

Regarding countries ''such as Iran,'' you would have to be more specific.

Dusty
Any country which classes any religious text as worthy of being made into law for no other reason than it is religious text.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The UN-shouted at by angry Tea Partiers in 18th-century fancy dress. aerogel Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Sep 02, 2012 09:42 AM
Discussion Senior Palestinian official: UN bid is only alternative to violence MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 116 Sep 27, 2011 09:17 AM
Discussion How Supporters of Palestinian Terrorism Are Murdered, Raped by Palestinian Sponsor MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 277 May 06, 2011 09:27 AM