Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Hey! Now that Palestine is an observer in the UN, they can do some wonderful things for Israel!

Quote:
AbuSabri is offline Find More Posts by AbuSabri
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:42 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuSabri View Post
Hey! There seems to have been another Jewish State already in existence - Israel is not the first!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

1. So, just as the Israelis want there to be a "Palestine" in Jordan, ...

2. ... why not another Israel in this oblast, and ship all the Israelis there instead?
1. Let me remind you that the majority of Israelis accept the establishment of a Palestinian state in Gaza and the West Bank, not in Jordan, so really, the hypothesis of your sentence is wrong.

2. Do you support the general idea of shipping millions of people away to a place they don't want to be?
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:44 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuSabri View Post
Hey! Now that Palestine is an observer in the UN, they can do some wonderful things for Israel!
Do you feel intellectually proud that you post silly photo-shopped images that have no basis in reality nor humor?
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
1. Let me remind you that the majority of Israelis accept the establishment of a Palestinian state in Gaza and the West Bank, not in Jordan, so really, the hypothesis of your sentence is wrong.
Moshe Sharett's and David Ben Gurion's diaries show that "transfer" of the natives was always on the agenda.
Quote:
2. Do you support the general idea of shipping millions of people away to a place they don't want to be?
Let me respond with this quote:http://desip.igc.org/The48ArabInvasi...nstructed.html
Quote:
One reason that Ben-Gurion opted for Statehood on May 14 despite international opposition was because he understood that if he held back and a truce was effected, a new Israeli State might well be forced to repatriate the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians already made refugees. Moreover, by mid-May, there remained more than 500,000 Palestinians in areas that the Jewish forces controlled or desired for their state. Ben-Gurion had no intention of allowing such a large Arab minority to remain in Israel and therefore he chose war. In the end, more than 750,000 Palestinians were exiled forever from their homes.
If Ben Gurion thought it to be Kosher, then it must be Kosher going in the other direction too!
Last edited by AbuSabri; Dec 02, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Do you feel intellectually proud that you post silly photo-shopped images that have no basis in reality nor humor?
We are entitled to our dreams of justice being done, surely?

And regarding the cartoons I posted, is only the pro-Zionist cartoon acceptable for publication in LTUP? I was merely responding to those.
Last edited by AbuSabri; Dec 02, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:12 PM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
So would I. That's why I suggested supporting women's rights organisations in such countries, instead of invading them.

I'm not sure why you think I think differently.

Dusty
I suspected you thought differently due to your post, which I quoted.
mortato is offline Find More Posts by mortato
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:13 PM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
I don't. Do you think invasion is a solution?

Dusty
You brought up invasion. That's why I asked.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:16 PM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
I hope so, but it would seem that ''western style'' democracies are not what most people in most Muslim societies in the middle east want, at this moment in time. Just as I expect folk in the middle east to respect our right to choose our own form of government, I respect their right to do the same.
Western style democracy is simply choosing your form of government with regular elections. How do you know what people in any Muslim society wants without a regular election?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:

Does this mean you don't respect Israel at all, because it bullies Palestinians in the occupied West Bank out of their homes to make way for Jewish settlers?
If every Israeli supported the West Bank settlements then indeed I would have no respect for Israel. I do however have respect for Israelis who recognise this as part of the problem. I don't have any respect for people who with to impose an Islamic state and all that entails due to what that entails.
It's not just Islamic fundamentalists that are the problem. It is the fundametals of Islam.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:58 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,385 Posts
I guess he should change his name to "Nehh-Neeh-Neh-Neh-Nehhh!"

(We do what we want, despite what anyone else thinks or says! )

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-b...143822962.html
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Western style democracy is simply choosing your form of government with regular elections.
I disagree. For example, the Islamic State of Pakistan is a constitutional republic and has an electoral system similar to the US. But as it's an Islamic state which uses Sharia as the basis for it's laws, and ranks 2nd bottom of the Global Gender Gap Index, I would not describe it as a ''western style democracy.''

Quote:
How do you know what people in any Muslim society wants without a regular election?
By paying attention to what they say, the results of polls, and what happens in Islamic states which do have regular elections.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:18 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
If every Israeli supported the West Bank settlements then indeed I would have no respect for Israel. I do however have respect for Israelis who recognise this as part of the problem.
What about those who recognise that the settlements are part of the problem, but still support them?

Quote:
I don't have any respect for people who with to impose an Islamic state and all that entails due to what that entails.
It's not just Islamic fundamentalists that are the problem. It is the fundametals of Islam.
Given that there are some countries with Christian majority populations ranking below some Islamic states on the Global Gender Gap Index, and that no country in the world today uses pure Sharia law, can you explain why you are singling out Islamic states in particular?

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
Western Democracy also entails freedom of the press, an independent judiciary and respect for women and minorities. Maybe Turkey qualifies, but no other major Muslim nation does...

Democracies DO make mistakes (such as Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan); Israel under right-wing prime ministers (e.g., Begin, Sharon and Netanyahoo) has made plenty.
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
(Note also the several contemporary reasons (other than Zionism) for Arab antisemitism.)
Here's how to get rid of antisemitism once and for all! - right, Michael?

Quote:
Last edited by AbuSabri; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:35 PM.