HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Nevertheless, the problems began with the Zionist organisation I mentioned.
Only the latest set of problems.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Israel didn't attack Iran or Morocco, nor are they Arab countries.

Dusty
And there you have it. Egypt, Gaza, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan need to make their "Palestinian refugees" full citizens. Any Israeli attacks would then be considered an act of war with the state(s) involved.

BTW, are those who were not personally displaced (i.e., born after 1948 in the camps) really "refugees?" I think not! Their current status is the responsibility of the governments in the countries they now live, not Israel's.
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
That logic would then apply to all the "Palestinians" who were NOT living in Israel in 1948. Those who were should have the right to return. Their progeny should petition Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, etc. for citizenship where THEY live today!
Refugees are not made citizens of the countries which offer them refuge. That's just not how it works. You must have been outraged when Israel sent all those Sudanese refugees home, rather than make them Israeli citizens.

In any case, Jordan did give Jordanian citizenship to most Palestinian refugees who sought refuge in Jordan. Then due to a change in the law meaning they could have lost their refugee status, many of them rescinded their Jordanian citizenship. So it would seem they want to be Palestinians.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN View Post
There was a freeze,
Did you even read the article, and notice the long list of construction projects that he was planning to continue?

Quote:
as Nethanyahu described, the "Quartet", as always jumping to the Palestinian tune, requested more.
More what?

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:50 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Only the latest set of problems.
No, the problems in the middle east.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/expelled.htm
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Refugees are not made citizens of the countries which offer them refuge. That's just not how it works. You must have been outraged when Israel sent all those Sudanese refugees home, rather than make them Israeli citizens.

In any case, Jordan did give Jordanian citizenship to most Palestinian refugees who sought refuge in Jordan. Then due to a change in the law meaning they could have lost their refugee status, many of them rescinded their Jordanian citizenship. So it would seem they want to be Palestinians.

Dusty
Actually, I WAS outraged at Israel's discrimination against African Jews. Still am, and embarrassed as well, just as I am by building more settlements.

If they eschewed Jordanian citizenship, that was THEIR CHOICE. Choices have consequences. The homes in the West Bank, etc., are GONE. Again, I do think those who did live there in 1948 should be allowed to return, but none of their children born outside Israel's borders.
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Do you agree that Jews have continually resided in Palestine?
Yes, but it "Palestine" wasn't always a, and isn't the only, name for it.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
And there you have it. Egypt, Gaza, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan need to make their "Palestinian refugees" full citizens. Any Israeli attacks would then be considered an act of war with the state(s) involved.

BTW, are those who were not personally displaced (i.e., born after 1948 in the camps) really "refugees?" I think not! Their current status is the responsibility of the governments in the countries they now live, not Israel's.
That's your opinion, but those who advocate the rule of law say otherwise.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:53 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
If they eschewed Jordanian citizenship, that was THEIR CHOICE. Choices have consequences. The homes in the West Bank, etc., are GONE.
But more homes in the West Bank have been built in their place.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:54 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/expelled.htm
Only the latest set of problems in the ME. Jews have been getting the wrong deal, in the ME, before Mohammed was even born.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
My grandfather and father were refugees to Canada in the 1940's.

I wonder if Dusty would agree that I should go to Poland (I've never been there) and go reclaim my grandfather's house that was stolen from him.
Quote:
My late mother-in-law's family had a farm in what is now Slovakia. It was first confiscated by the Nazis, and then again by the Communists. If she were still alive, to whom would she apply to get it back?

The more I think about my proposal, the more I like it. Grant Palestineans who actually lived in pre-1948 Palestine the right to return. The rest are not Israel's problem; they are the problem of the countries they now reside in. So far, they've been put in concentrtion camps. Let those people go! (Grant them full citizenship in their actual current places of residence.)
I'm not sure where this leap from the right of return, to claiming property which is most cases won't exist any more came from. But I suppose it's easier to erect a strawman than to address what I actually said.

Are you banned from immigrating to what is now Slovakia and Poland?

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,495 Posts
Quote:
I know you believe that Palestinians should have their own state in Palestine.

Do you agree with the UN (1947) that Jews should also have a state of their own in Palestine?

I'm hoping for a simple yes or no.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,495 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure where this leap from the right of return, to claiming property which is most cases won't exist any more came from. But I suppose it's easier to erect a strawman than to address what I actually said.

Are you banned from immigrating to what is now Slovakia and Poland?

Dusty
After surviving the war, my grandfather (as were many others) was unable to get his home back, nor his money from banks in Switzerland.

The question isn't whether or not I am banned from going back; the question is whether or not what should have been his can now be mine.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Only the latest set of problems in the ME. Jews have been getting the wrong deal, in the ME, before Mohammed was even born.
Exactly. Jews have been getting a raw deal wherever Christians have been the majority.

They only started getting ''a raw deal'' in the middle east when Zionist Jews from Europe started immigrating to Palestine at the end of the 1800s.

Much like the white European settlers in Africa got a ''raw deal'' from the natives when they started colonising land.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
I know you believe that Palestinians should have their own state in Palestine.

Do you agree with the UN (1947) that Jews should also have a state of their own in Palestine?

I'm hoping for a simple yes or no.
I don't believe either state should have the right to have a majority of any one religion. I believe all people should have equal rights, regardless of race or religion.

Dusty