HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:49 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,783 Posts
Hey GG thanks for the kind words but I could not even come cose to you in aircraft. In aircraft I cheat all of the way i pick up 1.48 scale kits never have tryed any thing you do. BUT I think it would be fun to try. THEN I would have to fine a home for it ;-( DON Thanks s
Rustbucket is online now Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:04 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,348 Posts
Don, I just keep rotating my stock of birds. Buy em, build em, customize em, fly em, then give em away to my club buds or some other deserving new pilot. I guess I get bored with em. After all the work and such to me they just become another project done, and I'm looking for something new to start.

One of my last ones, and I still haven't flown it yet so it's safe, was taking an Eflite Airliner and going bonkers on it. I glassed it, installed electric retracts with servo operated gear doors. Installed larger EDF units and motors. Built my own working nav lamps, landing lamps, beacons, strobes, tail emblem illumination lamps, even cockpit lamps.

Even have the lamp operations tricked out. When the gear is deployed, the landing lamps and cockpit lamps come on. Gear retracts and out go the lights.

And I even take on others problems and repair em, crashed birds that I rehab back into flight status. Three of my current ones are rebuilt trash can saves.

And not just birds. I have three 1/6th Stuarts and a Hummer en route for me to work some magic on for someone else.

Hey, it keeps me off the streets at night.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:31 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,783 Posts
Ya I here ya you sound like me . ;-)) allways looking for another project .
LIKE Diane says it gives me something to do and keeps me off of the streets as well;-)) I do the same as well. O ya Diane is my Wife or Boss as we tease each other . SHE Is by the way an RC Electirc Truck racer. ONE of few she is into those as heavy as you and I with our projects. SHE knows the losi trucks inside and out for that is all she has been driving for last 10 or more years. DON
Rustbucket is online now Find More Posts by Rustbucket