HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:28 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
The push rods they supplied for the rudder and elevator are a bit short...but will reach the servos...Barely.

Also ...all the servos are the new designed FMS Servo and they have put larger servos on the Ailerons and Elevator with a huge horn?

They are also useing full size clevises and controll surface horns on rudder, elevator, flaps, and ailerons (the same ones used on the 1700's)
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybaines View Post
Detailed in the first V7 thread.

Ray.
That looks Super!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:34 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Speaking of the pilot you did for me... had an older man passing by on his walk and was admiring my plane as I taxied around my front yard to check my wheel alignment. He really thought the plane was a great representation of a true P51. He then looked into the canoy and was blown away by Lt. Margarita sitting at the sticks (BM Ace of iron). Fantastic detailing! Again thanks!

Noce pilot ray. 1st thing I noticed was the missing epoxy made goggle lenses, a must.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:26 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Ok a few little picky areas I found with mine today.

The wing bolts are a bit short and have a little problem lining up to the fuselage when mounting the wing, but not a real biggie.

The aft screw that is used to secure the Vertical stabilizer is also short and had a high fiddle factor to get it lined up to the fuselage mating receptacle to screw it down.

The aileron control linkages are long and had to redo the "Z" bend to adjust their length... (better long than short)

The tail wheel has a lot of slop in it, with the way the wheel sits on the axel...Easy fix!!

A few notes on the up side:

The props are much improved and much more sturdy. I had real problems with my V6 constantly breaking a prop at the slightest prop bump or strike.

The main gear are raked forward about 15 degrees for much better ground stability and also have working oleo struts.

I like where they cut the flaps on this one...much better looking that the older ones.

Battery area is much larger to accommodate bigger and longer batteries without having to modify it, plus there are several channel grooved in the sides on the inside to assist in a clean and hidden location for your servo wires.

there is also a pocket recessed in the floor of the battery bay area for the RX...Nice touch.

There is also better cooling provided from the motor to the tail to exhaust hot air and help keep things cooler

The surface detailing is much better than the prior 6 versions and there is a lot more added decal details to enhance the looks.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Sep 27, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:52 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
SWEET. I am needing one of these also..... I have a serious problem..... I am a P51 Addict and proud of it. No applause.... I know for a fact most of you are as well. Man these birds are just awesome.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:53 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,667 Posts
Thanks Brandon for the info..... I am SOLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Ok a few little picky areas I found with mine today.

The wing bolts are a bit short and have a little problem lining up to the fuselage when mounting the wing, but not a real biggie.

The aft screw that is used to secure the Vertical stabilizer is also short and had a high fiddle factor to get it lined up to the fuselage mating receptacle to screw it down.

The aileron control linkages are long and had to redo the "Z" bend to adjust their length... (better long than short)

The tail wheel has a lot of slop in it, with the way the wheel sits on the axel...Easy fix!!

A few notes on the up side:

The props are much improved and much more sturdy. I had real problems with my V6 constantly breaking a prop at the slightest prop bump or strike.

The main gear are raked forward about 15 degrees for much better ground stability and also have working oleo struts.

I like where they cut the flaps on this one...much better looking that the older ones.

Battery area is much larger to accommodate bigger and longer batteries without having to modify it, plus there are several channel grooved in the sides on the inside to assist in a clean and hidden location for your servo wires.

there is also a pocket recessed in the floor of the battery bay area for the RX...Nice touch.

There is also better cooling provided from the motor to the tail to exhaust hot air and help keep things cooler

The surface detailing is much better than the prior 6 versions and there is a lot more added decal details to enhance the looks.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I can see where and why these will be much more popular than 1700 series. Though I love my 1700's as well
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I'm a Top Flight / Hanger9 P-51 pilot comin over to y'alls side and gonna put my boot's on y'alls runway. Now!! Where in the hell and when can I get one these beautiful airplanes? I have been waiting on the upgrades espescially the landing gear setup as I fly off a well mowed grass airstrip. Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Well I got mine from here. Welcome aboard!!! I too am a Top-Flite & Nitro pilot, but I also Love my electrics

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2328

Banana Hobbies will soon have them too, but I'm not exactly sure? Right now they are waiting for them to come in, and I want the "Duches Arlene"

http://www.bananahobby.com/
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Here is some more pictures:

They mounted the motor offset to counter torque and mounted the cowl to align with it so it's not visible...very nice. Also they have a newly designed motor mount which looks much better and will allow better cooling

They have also incorporated a newly designed prop blade that has a thicker and more robust mounting base. the older versions v1 thru v6 were phenomenal for breaking props at the slightest bump or prop strike. These should prove to be much better at surviving these little hazards.The older V1-6 prop blades can be used and are interchangeable, though you should keep all 4 blades of the same type for ballance reasons

The spinner is also designed to accommodate a standard 2 blade prop if you wish to use one, and the gap from the cowl has been adjusted and aligned to be even with it

I did a little bit of painting and chromed the exhaust header manifolds as well as the insides of the gear doors and wheel wells. I may go back later and paint the wheel wells Zinc Chromate Green like I've done with all my others?, but I wanted to see how it would look?, and frankly... I like it and looks pretty cool.

I also repainted the inside of the cockpit and canopy with the Zinc Chromate Green along with a little exhaust weathering from the exhaust and over the guns.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Sep 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:47 AM
Australia, TAS, Thirlstane
Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Great photos, Brandon. Only recently picked up a V6 - now I just have to have a V7! Getting the financial advisers approval might be difficult!
condor12 is offline Find More Posts by condor12
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:43 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12 View Post
Great photos, Brandon. Only recently picked up a V6 - now I just have to have a V7! Getting the financial advisers approval might be difficult!
LOL...been there done and heard that....don't have that problem anymore...but some other poor sap does...

Sorry if this was taken wrong by anybody, it wasn't intended that way , I've just been crucified by a few others of the opposite gender over the hobby and it's a sore subject with me. though I realise now it was only an excuse to make me feel guilty and not realise what was really going on. Nuf said. Don't trust'em as far as I could throw'em....not even that far.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Dec 10, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:39 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,110 Posts
BH has the V7 for $169.90
http://www.bananahobby.com/almost-re...ortBy=p.sortby[comma]p.number[comma]p.name,productsPerPage=18
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,016 Posts
BH has the V7 for $169.90
http://www.bananahobby.com/almost-re...ortBy=p.sortby[comma]p.number[comma]p.name,productsPerPage=18

Hi,
I noticed that these aren't available till next month....I wondered if they ususally price pre-orders less than the future price. In other words, is the price going to be more like $219.00 later, like the price at pw-rc?

Thanks,
Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Last edited by mondo1948; Oct 03, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo1948 View Post
Hi,
I think somebody at Banana Hobby messed up because the Petie is $169.00 and a couple of the other versions, like the Ferrocious Frankie are $389.00. That doesn't make sense.

Help!!
Mondo
Some are 1400mm and some are 1700mm

The 1st 3 on the page are the new V7 the others are 1700mm
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis