HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kman Raptor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, George Town
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wanted
WTB topsky 1.0 or 1.0c dlg model fairly good condition

As the title says. Looking for used, fairly good condition rx ready topsky 1.0 or 2.0 or even a akcent in fairly good condition and willing to ship to florida.
kman Raptor is offline Find More Posts by kman Raptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
512 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I know you're looking for a RX ready one, but you could build a new TS1 easily. If you're not up to it, I'm in Florida and can help you with the build if you need. Let me know.

BTW - Seems the Cayman Islands are gathering some DLG momentum. You know Danny? He's a DLG flyer out there too that can probably help.
eosglider is offline Find More Posts by eosglider
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Yeah I know Danny, he is the guy that is "forcing" me to get one.

I thought of purchasing a kit and building myself but after looking though the manual of the topsky I felt a little skeptical, as i have only assemble arf models and nothing of this nature before.
I would appreciate your help on this. When you say help with the build, do you mean i purchase and send to you get built?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman Raptor View Post
Yeah I know Danny, he is the guy that is "forcing" me to get one.

I thought of purchasing a kit and building myself but after looking though the manual of the topsky I felt a little skeptical, as i have only assemble arf models and nothing of this nature before.
I would appreciate your help on this. When you say help with the build, do you mean i purchase and send to you get built?
LOL... I hate being forced into buying stuff like this too.
Glad you two have connected.

Yes, I can offer to build it for you if you'd like, but you'll have to come pick it up. Shipping is not an activity I enjoy.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Nothing is more ARF than a DLG, and the Topsky is an easy build. Just like any other ARF kit, you glue a few pre-made parts together, attach the wing and tails to the fuselage; then install horns, control system, and your electronics. That's it. No real building required, just minor assembly. You just have to take extra care to keep things accurate, straight, and light. The materials and methods used are a bit different than other forms of RC, and that's what intimidates some guys. But working with composites is easy. No special glues or tools needed. Just normal stuff. Maybe a little soldering if you build a custom wiring harness. There is tons of specific help available here in these forums, and any questions you can't find answers to, just ask. The build experience is actually very helpful in owning, operating, and maintaining your glider in the future.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Nothing is more ARF than a DLG, and the Topsky is an easy build. Just like any other ARF kit, you glue a few pre-made parts together, attach the wing and tails to the fuselage; then install horns, control system, and your electronics. That's it. No real building required, just minor assembly. You just have to take extra care to keep things accurate, straight, and light. The materials and methods used are a bit different than other forms of RC, and that's what intimidates some guys. But working with composites is easy. No special glues or tools needed. Just normal stuff. Maybe a little soldering if you build a custom wiring harness. There is tons of specific help available here in these forums, and any questions you can't find answers to, just ask. The build experience is actually very helpful in owning, operating, and maintaining your glider in the future.
Well said! See KMan... Told you...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Good advice. Im just afraid of ruining a perfectly good model but if you dont try you will never succeed right!?

Danny actually taught me to fly helis and i have known him for a few years now, Cayman is a very small place.

I will go ahead and try it for myself and knowing i have the support of the forum and my buddy locally im sure i can pull this off. Guess i just needed a "push".
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,224 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
You'll do fine. My first DLG was a bit more of a "kit" because I had to vacuum bag the wings and tails, too. I had very little building experience and nobody local to help, but it worked out great. Enlist the help of your friend and you'll find it's not too hard. You needn't abandon the idea of buying used, though. If you find a good deal, go ahead and jump on it! (The deal, not the plane ) Good luck!
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6 View Post
You'll do fine. My first DLG was a bit more of a "kit" because I had to vacuum bag the wings and tails, too. I had very little building experience and nobody local to help, but it worked out great. Enlist the help of your friend and you'll find it's not too hard. You needn't abandon the idea of buying used, though. If you find a good deal, go ahead and jump on it! (The deal, not the plane ) Good luck!
bwill6, yes im still open to the used purchase but i will probably be waiting for a while as ive heard theyre a hot commodity. Although now i have gained a bit of courage, ill probably just end up buying new.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,224 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman Raptor View Post
bwill6, yes im still open to the used purchase but i will probably be waiting for a while as ive heard theyre a hot commodity. Although now i have gained a bit of courage, ill probably just end up buying new.
That they are. Used DLGs sometimes sell within minutes of their posting. It's quite uncommon for them to stay up for more than 24 hours.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6