Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
An Iranian-Turk
Iran, Tehran
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Question
Ground Control Station

Hi.

I want to fly for longer ranges (less than 20 km).
To do this, I need RX, TX, OSD and GPS and some other things and there is no problem to get them.

But I have many problems here.

My flights were all in lower ranges (maximum distance of plane from radio control: 1 km).
For fly for longer distances, I think I know how to use some devices but I know nothing about Ground Control Stations.

For a long range flight, I need to connect OSD to video camera, servos, Video Tx, Radio Rx and GPS.
These are for inside of UAV.
What I need for outside of drone (for GCS)?
How can I receive data (online videos from UAV camera) and how can I see it?
Or the other problem, how can I see the videos on laptop?
Please help me to get my answers, I know nothing about connections of GCS and I don't know any GCS software.
Nīmā is offline Find More Posts by Nīmā
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
An Iranian-Turk
Iran, Tehran
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Helloooooooooooooooooooo ...
No one here can help me to get answers of my questions!?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Asker, Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
422 Posts
In general, I think you will find most of your questions answered at the FPV forum: http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

If you want to include an autopilot in your setup, two examples can be found here:
http://www.gluonpilot.com/wiki/Exten..._documentation
http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/OSD
brakar is offline Find More Posts by brakar
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:54 PM
An Iranian-Turk
Iran, Tehran
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Thank you, anyway.
About FPV, I think I got many of my answers (except one thing).
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2009
20 Posts
might be worth looking at diydrones.com, the autopilot listed above. the have a mission planner that uses a 900 mhz frequency to transmit the data back and forth.

In regards to the laptop, there are devices that convert composite in and plug into your usb port kinda like a webcam. Assuming your fpv camera outputs in composite. I've found using these devices increases latency noticeably however.
jtg47 is offline Find More Posts by jtg47