HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Step by Step (Micro Composite Intake Ducts)

I'm starting this thread for those interested in building their own intake ducts for their micro jet..
There are some real fiberglass masters on this site(AirSally comes to mind)but this is not needed to do a small project like this...maybe a little practice and patience though...
My plan is to cover every single step,with text and pictures..This will take a lot of the guesswork out of this project and allow more of you to build your own ducts..

I'm starting a micro scorpion and the ducts will be the focus of this thread..
Although there are many techniques to build ducts I feel like the way outlined here is pretty simple and within the grasp of most modelers..

This process will take a week to 10 days to finish so bare with me and we will get this project done...If you feel like anything is missed please let me know and I will add it to the first 3 post..

I'm going to start with some pics and will be filling in the text over the next few days as time allows...
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Last edited by Hover or die; Oct 04, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Saved for pics and text
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
For pics and text 2
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,231 Posts
Hover or Die,

There's been quite a few taking a peek. I guess once I get a set done, you'll have a lot more questions about your technique. I tried a short that didn't work, but I could see a set of ducts at 6g or lighter is within easy reach. Not much ventured, not much gained. Keep the pics comming. And good luck with the Viper maiden.

Ksqm
ksqm is online now Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:11 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Mini-how-to's are so cool. Thanks and keep up the great posts.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Hey fellas,
Thank for stopping in...I have been a little under the weather over the last couple of days..With the little one n school it is like sending her to the germ pool daily for a dose of the bugs to bring home for mom and dad to tryout...lmao!

Chest colds go away relitively quick its just all the junk in your lungs that takes a month to finally go away..

OK,
I did finally get in there and fill in the text on the pics..
I plan to write the text up to the point f the pics today as well and should get back on the ducts tonight or tomorrow..

Thanks for being patient............Chris