SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Are these now avalible to buy ?
SA_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by SA_Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Flyer View Post
Are these now avalible to buy ?
Not yet.
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined May 2011
470 Posts
If the hole pattern on the mounting bracket is what prevents compatability why not make the mounting bracket long enough to fit different bolt patterns and then simply elongate one set of holes so that you can bolt the etracts as necessary.
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:37 PM
London Ont.
Joined Sep 2006
347 Posts
Subscribed
FWCXC is offline Find More Posts by FWCXC
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:16 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reno4sure View Post
If the hole pattern on the mounting bracket is what prevents compatability why not make the mounting bracket long enough to fit different bolt patterns and then simply elongate one set of holes so that you can bolt the etracts as necessary.
That was the proposal I sent them when I photo shopped that image to them. It doesn't look like they took that suggestion to heart?

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
wow gary...

was that 4-5amps per or both?

either way we had better be running a 10amp Castle BEC on these JIC!

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
wow gary...

was that 4-5amps per or both?

either way we had better be running a 10amp Castle BEC on these JIC!

Tom
I was running these tests w/both units. I ran 6 cut-off tests including those on the vid and they all peaked at 4 amps.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:55 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,331 Posts
Wow! That's high. They may need to turn down the stall curent....
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:06 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
Wow! That's high. They may need to turn down the stall curent....
can't turn it down, it is what it is based on the torque of the motor and the applied voltage.

what they could do is set the shut-off sooner (in time) and not let it last so long.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:05 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,331 Posts
Actually, the current will ramp up to an operating level and if the retract is blocked the current will rise again until it reaches the 'blocked rotor' value. They can adjust the trip circuit anywhere along the ramp up from operational to blocked steady state value assuming they are not monitoring some other function.....
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:51 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,768 Posts
I would expect they partly do it willy-nilly.... the decision on trip values.... plus the circuit is low tolerance, so one persons does X and other persons does Y.
Plus they want it to at least 'try' to push through an issue, in case it is really just a short-lived section of travel. So allowing it to stall for one second (or something like that) is probably no problem, and worth doing.

If you really wanted to you could power the retracts directly from another power source, and just have the signal from the RX. Thus isolating RC power issues from issues with the retracts.
You can still take that source from the same battery that powers the BEC. eg possibly tap into a battery's balance plug.
And just use a diode, or few, to drop the voltage to approx operating levels.
eg Tapping into two cells off the main battery, 7.2V, throw in two diodes to drop 1.4v = 5.8v for the retract. Isolated power.

I tap off power for various things in a few planes (lights, sound system etc). Just use a 0.1in spaced header block and run whatever cell count you want from that. Heat-shrinked pins and solder joints of course. eg pin 1&2 for 1S... 1&3 for 2S etc.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
847 Posts
which FMS metal retracts are suitable for FMS 1.4m P51 and P47? looking forward with dimension and release date? price?
viperviper is offline Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
viper,
Supposedly they both are

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=42
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:04 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper View Post
which FMS metal retracts are suitable for FMS 1.4m P51 and P47? looking forward with dimension and release date? price?
If you go back to pg. 1, I have all the pics and specs. starting there.

FMS informed me earlier this week (Monday/12/3/2012) that the Alums & their Plastic counterpart E-Tracts were ready for release within the week! The prices will also be revealed at that time. As of today (Friday) I still haven't heard anymore?

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
I like Fast Warbirds
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2011
477 Posts
Can't wait until these are released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
If you go back to pg. 1, I have all the pics and specs. starting there.

FMS informed me earlier this week (Monday/12/3/2012) that the Alums & their Plastic counterpart E-Tracts were ready for release within the week! The prices will also be revealed at that time. As of today (Friday) I still haven't heard anymore?

Gary
Just had both my gear fail on my F4U and the v2 P51. I bought a pair of V7 P51 gear to try out. Don't know what I'll do on the F4U. It's my 3rd pair of gear in 16 months. Should I wait for the FMS Aluminum or just buy another pair? All of my failures were due to worm gear failures.
Webmaister is offline Find More Posts by Webmaister