SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:25 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Yes I was quoting my self. same question same no answer.

90 degrees ok 95 better 100 even better especially for grass fields
I know i was just messing around, all in fun. I'd like to know also.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
It's totally cool, I'm messing around also. I installed some 100 degree eflite twist and turns in my fms hellcat, they're flawless, thing is they cost as much as the arf. Hoping fms makes some.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:30 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Quote:
It's totally cool, I'm messing around also. I installed some 100 degree eflite twist and turns in my fms hellcat, they're flawless, thing is they cost as much as the arf. Hoping fms makes some.
In all fairness, I have been asked numerous times if FMS was going to make a 90 rotating version of these Alum E-Tract for use in the Corsair. I assumed that was what "90???" was referring to?

As thumbnail #26 shows, these are 90.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:22 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
In all fairness, I have been asked numerous times if FMS was going to make a 90 rotating version of these Alum E-Tract for use in the Corsair. I assumed that was what "90???" was referring to?

As thumbnail #26 shows, these are 90.

Gary
Gary

90 deg TWIST and 90 rotation is not enough. That is why all three models that use them (P-40, F4U and F6F) end up on their nose on anything but pavement.

Eflite chose to do the right thing and make them 100deg to get the wheel out fwd a little more. If FMS is going to bother to make a new version of the "twist" type. It should be 100deg rotation, 90 deg twist.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,646 Posts
Philip's large metal trunion servo less retract has a 5mm hole not 3mm. It uses 3mm grub screws.
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:04 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Gary

90 deg TWIST and 90 rotation is not enough. That is why all three models that use them (P-40, F4U and F6F) end up on their nose on anything but pavement.

Eflite chose to do the right thing and make them 100deg to get the wheel out fwd a little more. If FMS is going to bother to make a new version of the "twist" type. It should be 100deg rotation, 90 deg twist.

Tom
Exactly Tom, well put.

Watch the grass handling with 100 degree sweep eflite retracts on the Hellcat on grass. FMS can do this, and they won't cost 164.00

Flying begins at 4:30 discussion of modifications first.
FMS 1400mm F6F Hellcat take offs and landings review (10 min 25 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ryramZ; Nov 01, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:45 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Philip's large metal trunion servo less retract has a 5mm hole not 3mm. It uses 3mm grub screws.
Ok wow that is confusing.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:50 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
In Phillips last pic he shows the trunnion hole for a 5mm pin. He needs to include that info in his description menu as well. He does go on and explains that there are (2) 3mm anchors on both sides of the brass trunnion pivots.

Like I said, it would be much easier to decipher his descriptions if he would just use the PingZheng definitions: PZ-15090/312, PZ-15091/514, and the larger PZ-15096/PZ-V2 or 716.

I've noticed on a lot of the threads now that a lot of folks are referring to V2 E-Tracts as replacements (such as the 190 thread). It's kinda confusing trying to figure out if they're referring to the PZ-514s or the PZ-716s?

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:16 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Gary

Tom
Heya Tom,

I hope you made out of Sandy okay!

It is my understanding from FMS that this Alum E-Tract is their first venture into this market. I'm sure they are staying up to date on the response of these prototypes they sent me, and if everything works out, they'll be making additional models for other applications such as the "twist and rotate" Corsair, P-40, etc.

I'm pretty sure Leo is monitoring all this, and has taken note on the 100 rotating version as you and ryramz suggested. I will also include that in my next e-mail to FMS, as they have yet to give me any plans pertaining to a "twist & rotate" version?

My only suggestion to them as an improvement was changing the flange mounts. Other then that, I have found no other problem.....other then the cut-off protection time could be shortened a bit.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:28 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Ok wow that is confusing.
To hopefully lessen any confusing, here is an illustration.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I've noticed on a lot of the threads now that a lot of folks are referring to V2 E-Tracts as replacements (such as the 190 thread). It's kinda confusing trying to figure out if they're referring to the PZ-514s or the PZ-716s?
Thank you for mentioning this, Gary. I have found the use of the "V2" terminology very confusing. I'm still confused on the 190 thread because it seems that some people are using "V2" to refer to a replacement that FMS is now using in the 190's instead of the type of etracts that were supplied on the originals. I swapped my 190 units for PZ-514's (which is working out fine), but I can't tell whether people are using "V2" to mean the 514's or something else. If the true "V2's," i.e. the PZ-716's, are larger than the 514's, would they even fit in the 190? I'm still confused, but really appreciate your explanation of the PZ designations and how they compare to the descriptions used by Phillip on his website.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:52 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,214 Posts
Philip has provided all the necessary dimensions of the different size 'common' etracts on his site. All one needs to do is measure the retract install location.

If in doubt and you are flying an FMS model, drop Philip an email and he will usually respond in very short order..
Dangaras is online now Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jun 2011
253 Posts
Man I wish We knew if / when these will be available for the 1400 Corsair. Mine had been laid up for awhile (other projects) until this week. I've rebuilt the stock retracts and can't seem to land without one of them folding and breaking a prop blade. It's one of my heavier planes, but the landings really aren't very rough. The plane flies beautifully, it just needs better retracts. I like the plane so much that I've actually considered the Eflites, but that's another plane!

What to do... What to do.

Norm
Norm62 is online now Find More Posts by Norm62
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:19 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
I want to know what will be the first plane to get these aluminum retracts. Anybody have any ideas?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:41 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
I want to know what will be the first plane to get these aluminum retracts. Anybody have any ideas?
At this time FMS isn't planning to install them in any of their planes. They're going to be a replacement part.
RCG Plus Member