HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Careful!
BEWARE!!!..before buying from bananahobby.com

I received my hellcat plane( 4 CH F6F Hellcat RC Warbird Airplane RTF by BlitzRCWorks) before more than 2 weeks and it was defected!!! (the right aileron is not working) and they refuse to exchange it even though I never flight it.and I’m trying to solve this issue with them but i lost hope because of there poor customer service (big waste of money)!!

I will never deal with them again..!!!!that’s the lesson what I paid for!!

Thank you

Order number : 4486-120905
Case number :37471
majj is offline Find More Posts by majj
Last edited by majj; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
Sounds familiar

I had a similiar experience recently on my 5th purchase from them, the F4U I received with rudder damage and a warped fuselage from nose to tail. Filed complaint with the BBB of Orange County for not refunding my shipping costs which they say that they don't refund any of, which I do not think is legal for defective product their selling. They have over 350 complaints in the past 3 years with BBB. Someone said to me buy with your VISA and then backcharge/dispute to get your money back for their poor QC. CW
ckwubker is offline Find More Posts by ckwubker
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majj View Post

I received my hellcat plane( 4 CH F6F Hellcat RC Warbird Airplane RTF by BlitzRCWorks) before more than 2 weeks and it was defected!!! (the right aileron is not working) and they refuse to exchange it even though I never flight it.and I’m trying to solve this issue with them but i lost hope because of there poor customer service (big waste of money)!!

I will never deal with them again..!!!!that’s the lesson what I paid for!!

Thank you

Order number : 4486-120905
Case number :37471
Take the servo out and put in a new one, there only like $2 , Just because its your 1st time and over a little part, get over it
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckwubker View Post
I had a similiar experience recently on my 5th purchase from them, the F4U I received with rudder damage and a warped fuselage from nose to tail. Filed complaint with the BBB of Orange County for not refunding my shipping costs which they say that they don't refund any of, which I do not think is legal for defective product their selling. They have over 350 complaints in the past 3 years with BBB. Someone said to me buy with your VISA and then backcharge/dispute to get your money back for their poor QC. CW
The BBB is a big scam
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi majj! A technician has emailed you with a few feasible solutions for your servo issue at hand. Please check your email soon! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi majj! A technician has emailed you with a few feasible solutions for your servo issue at hand. Please check your email soon! Thanks! -Seba
how could it be feasible solutions???!!!

as i recieved (( Please be advised that if you indeed want to send in the unit for repairs it can take up to 3 months to complete. We don't have a specific "repair" department so this task can become a long process.))) 3 months woow!!

as i recieved : ((( I will leave the servo replacement as active and it should ship out sometime next week )))

sometimes next week!!! ive been waiting for 2 weeks now

and we are not 100% sure thats the problem because of the servo

thank you..
Last edited by majj; Sep 26, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spellin
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi majj. Banana Hobby certainly does not have an independent "repairs" department, at least not yet. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

To safely change out a servo for swap, I would suggest using a hobby knife or X-Acto knife (available at your local office supply/hardware store) to carefully cut through the original rubber cement (right in between the servo and the foam) used to secure the servo in place, and then wiggle the servo out with a set of needle nose pliers. The rubber cement is a fairly soft material, so your hobby knife should be able to cut through it with ease. Upon installing a new servo, you may use some foam-safe rubber cement (or a glue gun), which you can also pick up at your local hobby or office supply store. It is crucial that the glue is foam-safe as some adhesives may contain solvents that could potentially damage your aircraft’s foam (e.g. Elmer's Rubber Cement contains solvents that eat through EPS foam, however it is safe on EPO foam). I also do not advise using foam-safe epoxy glue for securing servos in place because the hardened epoxy will make servo removal quite difficult in the future. You may certainly feel free to consult with an experienced R/C enthusiast or local hobby shop if you need assistance with performing this basic R/C service, which is an excellent milestone for one's R/C learning curve. -Seba
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Hi majj. Banana Hobby certainly does not have an independent "repairs" department, at least not yet. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

To safely change out a servo for swap, I would suggest using a hobby knife or X-Acto knife (available at your local office supply/hardware store) to carefully cut through the original rubber cement (right in between the servo and the foam) used to secure the servo in place, and then wiggle the servo out with a set of needle nose pliers. The rubber cement is a fairly soft material, so your hobby knife should be able to cut through it with ease. Upon installing a new servo, you may use some foam-safe rubber cement (or a glue gun), which you can also pick up at your local hobby or office supply store. It is crucial that the glue is foam-safe as some adhesives may contain solvents that could potentially damage your aircraft’s foam (e.g. Elmer's Rubber Cement contains solvents that eat through EPS foam, however it is safe on EPO foam). I also do not advise using foam-safe epoxy glue for securing servos in place because the hardened epoxy will make servo removal quite difficult in the future. You may certainly feel free to consult with an experienced R/C enthusiast or local hobby shop if you need assistance with performing this basic R/C service, which is an excellent milestone for one's R/C learning curve. -Seba
I appreciate your help Sebastian_BHcsr..but please notice that I didn’t even used this plane (still defected!! new plane )…if I did fly it then I crashed it.. ok no problem I will pay more for tools and drive to the local hobby store and do all what you just said with no problems and I will not annoy anyone with my emails and calls because I damaged it (my problem now)….but I received this item defected!!!(bananahobby problem not my problem) And its not my business to repair and pay more for bananahobby defected product . I suppose to receive it in good new condition as I ordered (as I paid for )..as I know defected product= exchange….. not = customer repair and pay more… believe me this is not how business done..
Thank you…
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi majj! I completely understand your standpoint as a consumer. However, personally speaking as a pilot that constantly pursues time and cost effective solutions, simply swapping out the inoperable servo (especially with a provided replacement servo that's pending and free of charge) will certainly get you set up for flying much faster than having to go through the longer RMA exchange or repair process with any hobby institution. In terms of having to "pay more", I would consider the purchases of a hobby/X-Acto knife and foam-safe adhesives to be sound investments in this fine hobby as these tools and resources may be used many times for many applications throughout your R/C career. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sir.

Always willing to help,
Sebastian
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Hi majj! I completely understand your standpoint as a consumer. However, personally speaking as a pilot that constantly pursues time and cost effective solutions, simply swapping out the inoperable servo (especially with a provided replacement servo that's pending and free of charge) will certainly get you set up for flying much faster than having to go through the longer RMA exchange or repair process with any hobby institution. In terms of having to "pay more", I would consider the purchases of a hobby/X-Acto knife and foam-safe adhesives to be sound investments in this fine hobby as these tools and resources may be used many times for many applications throughout your R/C career. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sir.

Always willing to help,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian_BHcsr !!

I appreciate your concern about my future in this hobby...!!!

But I’m still wondering!!!
If the problem wasn’t caused by the servo…what would happen next??!!
How long will it take more?
How much I will pay more?

Thank you…
Last edited by majj; Sep 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi majj! Granted that the initial diagnosis reflected a bad servo, if the servo turns out not be the root of the issue for some odd reason, we will certainly make the effort to find effective solutions so you can be up and flying with minimal downtime. Replacement parts orders typically take 4-7 business days for processing before departing from our warehouse for transit.

In terms of any replacement part(s) being sent out and covered under warranty, the cost of the parts and transportation are free of charge. In terms of having to "pay more" for useful R/C tools and resources, those investments are solely up to you as I feel those tools will certainly provide an abundance of utility by making building, troubleshooting, and maintenance much smoother and rewarding. -Seba
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Just buy another servo. Is it really worth all this drama?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,127 Posts
What they are suggesting is pretty standard. If you want to be in this hobby you will NEED, and should ALREADY HAVE the few things needed to replace the servo. Come on, its a hobby knife and some glue. And you will be doing a lot more than just replacing a servo if this is your first plane(And it seems that way as you don't even have the most basic of tools or understand how to fix the issue.) Heck I always have at least 4 or 5 servos of different sizes laying around just in case I need one! lol

They are doing what they should and offering to replace the deffective part. And if it is something else and the servo doesn't fix the issue... Well then it is a bridge to be crossed when that time comes. Fix this first, then move on if needed.

What you are asking for is like asking the Ford factory to take your whole truck back because the radio stations got reset. (something you can fix on your own without the need of replacement or professional repair)
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,564 Posts
I agree, I've had a servo become defective in flight and servos become defective on ground tests. Buying and Replacing them is easier and extra servos are necessary in this hobby anyway. Even if they do send a new one another may burn out the following day. This is nothing I would lodge a complaint about IMO.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,355 Posts
They cry over little things and blame BH for it. You can get servos for cheap, just replace the servo and go fly.