HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:16 PM
Team White Llama
Enthlapy's Avatar
United States, IL, Addison
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Something like that but the one im talking about is a DIY dont have to buy anything fancy.
Enthlapy is offline Find More Posts by Enthlapy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Metal Head Mini FPV
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthlapy View Post
I dont remember where i saw it, but there is a guy hacking the actual button on the camera so there is no delay like the IR systems. I believe it works with all the Nex Series. If i find it ill post it for you. BTW all the parts came in for the gimbal - the servos. I had to order them since my buddies were trashed. I should have them next week. Now to order that UAP-1 Octo
I think it was DJ Vegh from Photoship One that took apart a Sony NEX 5 and hacked the shutter button. Too much can go wrong there. I took a 5N apart after I trashed it on a crash in the lava rocks. It took a lot to get to the shutter button. You have to remove the entire rear LCD screen! No thank you.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Bowen Island
Joined Sep 2012
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthlapy View Post
Something like that but the one im talking about is a DIY dont have to buy anything fancy.
Looks pretty DIY to me
featherodd is offline Find More Posts by featherodd
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Damn, that's worse. I will never be able to put it back together.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Bowen Island
Joined Sep 2012
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaps_r View Post
Hi guys,

Thought you could be interested in my device that combines RC shutter, 3way RC video switch and High current switch.
Includes Low Battery warning and can be used with sum PPM.

More info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756771

PM if interested.

Kristaps
Kristaps: very cool man. You sure crammed a lot of functionality into that board. But it does seem to eat up quite a few transmitter channels. Is there an option to utalize only one channel for most of it, meaning an option is only toggled when a certain range of a channel is output? This way you could setup a tricky mix in er9x to use a couple swiches and only one channel. That's what I do with a little pro mini, but I don't have any video switching.
featherodd is offline Find More Posts by featherodd
Last edited by featherodd; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
bcollydas's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I think it was DJ Vegh from Photoship One that took apart a Sony NEX 5 and hacked the shutter button. Too much can go wrong there. I took a 5N apart after I trashed it on a crash in the lava rocks. It took a lot to get to the shutter button. You have to remove the entire rear LCD screen! No thank you.
No you don't Hansen you only take the bottom pcover off I'll see if I can find it.
Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:29 PM
Registered User
bcollydas's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Today I finished my DYI CS gimbal.

Right now I'm using the Savox servos I will replace them with the MIBL servos when the arrive.

I used the original wheels and pulleys for best reduction.
Also I used the neopreme isolators and want to see if they will help any.
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Store...=Products2.htm

Here are some photos.

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:35 PM
Team White Llama
Enthlapy's Avatar
United States, IL, Addison
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Today I finished my DYI CS gimbal.

Right now I'm using the Savox servos I will replace them with the MIBL servos when the arrive.

I used the original wheels and pulleys for best reduction.
Also I used the neopreme isolators and want to see if they will help any.
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Store...=Products2.htm

Here are some photos.

Cheers
Looks sweet, definitly intrested on how it comes out. Couple months ago i had a whole CS 6 with gimbal to setup. Ill tell you what i was not impressed, not what the guy paid for it.
Enthlapy is offline Find More Posts by Enthlapy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Enthlapy; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
No you don't Hansen you only take the bottom pcover off I'll see if I can find it.
Cheers
LOL not according to the pictures here:

http://ecilop.tv/data/cam_controller.phtml
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
FWIW my MIBL showed up from Hobby King. I just have to find some time to swap out a servo on the gimbal to give it a test. I don't see me doing that until Thanksgiving day.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:30 PM
Registered User
bcollydas's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
LOL not according to the pictures here:

http://ecilop.tv/data/cam_controller.phtml
Hansen the guy that did the DYI for the shutter elease he only took of the bottom of the camera and used the servo wire only.
This mod on ecilop he uses a board.

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:49 PM
Registered User
bcollydas's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
here you go, just two wires.
http://photoshipone.com/10/sony-nex5...-modification/

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:14 AM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
here you go, just two wires.
http://photoshipone.com/10/sony-nex5...-modification/

Cheers
That's not too bad.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
812 Posts
So I built my gimbal and installed the servos today. I have a 180 degree servo for roll and a continuous servo hooked up to the external pot. The 180 degree servo works as expected when I hook it up to a receiver but the servo connected to the external pot just rotates continuously regardless of the radio input. I had it connected to the elevator channel and it doesnt respond to stick input. It will continue rotating until I turn the pot all the way to one end, turning it to the other end doesnt do anything. This is my first time messing with servos and potentiometers so Im wondering what I missed.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:38 AM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
So I built my gimbal and installed the servos today. I have a 180 degree servo for roll and a continuous servo hooked up to the external pot. The 180 degree servo works as expected when I hook it up to a receiver but the servo connected to the external pot just rotates continuously regardless of the radio input. I had it connected to the elevator channel and it doesnt respond to stick input. It will continue rotating until I turn the pot all the way to one end, turning it to the other end doesnt do anything. This is my first time messing with servos and potentiometers so Im wondering what I missed.
The servo will stop turning when you have the camera tray hooked up to the pot. One thing you have to make sure is that you need to hook up the wires correctly. When you cut off the internal pot you need to note the wire color. Identify the middle leg wire color and hook that one up to the middle leg of the pot. Then you hook up the other two wires on either side of the pot. You may have to reverse them if the servo doesn't work properly.

Hook up the servo on a tester if possible. Otherwise the receiver is fine. Turn on power and rotate the pot shaft. If you hooked up the wire correctly there should be a place when you rotate the pot shaft that the servo will slow down and stop turning.

Mark that location and tighten up the pulley on the shaft. Tighten up the pot shaft on the Delrin block. Turn the power back on the servo and the camera tray should be still. If it is rocking back and forth. You need to reverse the two wires on each side of the pot.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Can you make Embedded Pictures show up with Show Attachments in this Thread? Richard N Site Suggestions / Complaints 4 Sep 04, 2012 02:03 PM
Help! Can you tell me what make and model this car is? KiTCyclic Electric Power Cars 25 Aug 14, 2012 12:41 PM
Careful! Always make sure you clarify functional condition prior to agreeing to buy!!!!!! -= GYRO =- Trader Talk 84 Jun 15, 2012 02:06 PM
Help! Is there any gimbal stabilisation unit out there that can do camera lock? hexa Multirotor Talk 9 Apr 17, 2012 07:46 PM
The new momie hopperz f/d channel rc you can make a full functional micro plane saab2fast Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 10 Dec 16, 2004 08:43 PM