HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Darsh, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:55 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Discussion
MJX F45 - Alternative canopies

I don't really know why i bought this helicopter. It gots raving reviews and a pretty enthusiastic community here on RCG, and i was just looking for something that size that was relaxing to fly at the field after i've crashed everything else i had in my inventory . Point is that... well it gets me frustrated. Even after extending control throws to insane levels, it still has a sluggish response and flies like a drunken cow. Probably my previous heli experiences spoiled me . Anyhow, i decided that the stock canopy, while being ok, was not personal enough for my taste so I cobbled together a few custom designs - that of course i was happy to share. Now, looking at them again after some time, i realize the cheesiness of some of my graphic choices, so i added a clean template for the creative inclined to make their own versions. The "ridges" on the front are meant to be cut out in order to improve main engine cooling. Oh, btw, feel free to try to adapt them other helicopters in the 250 - 300 size range; if you succeed, let me know. Here's my stuff:
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Last edited by Darsh; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: grammar :-P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Jul 2013
1 Posts
Custom Canopy?

I'm pretty new to this hobby but I love the canopy's you've created! How would I go about creating a canopy for my MJX F45 using one of the templates you provided. Any assistance you offered would be greatly appreciated.
Ajaxx27 is offline Find More Posts by Ajaxx27