Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Discussion
Bladerunner Interceptor Helicopter

Hello RCGroups! This is my first post and i'm happy to be apart of your community. Since there is no place for new members to introduce themselves, ill keep my introduction brief and straight to the point.

When I was a kid, I had a run in with R/C, but it was someone else's car that I was borrowing. When he moved, I had to give it back. I haven't played with R/C since... Until recently, when I was bitten by the RC bug, twenty years later.

I bought and exchanged a few different things, most of which were cars. But for some reason, a helicopter sounded intriguing, so I decided to try one. Not only did the helicopter provide more fun and excitement than a car, it also peaked my interest, as flying them has a learning curve. I was up for a challenge. I had never flown an R/C helicopter or plane prior to this point.

So after its all said and done, reading numerous reviews and watching videos on a couple different helis, I ended up with the Bladerunner Interceptor 052 R/C Helicopter.

I got the hang of it pretty quickly, and there's a few things about this heli that I really appreciate.
1. The well built metal chassis, which keeps the helicopter decently weighted and the internal parts protected (including the gears, which on the Syma S107G, arent protected).
2. The strong and lightweight carbon fiber tail boom and support beams.
3. The incredible stability it has in flight.
4. The easy to get ahold of, feel good controls.

Contrary to what others say, the durability is actually quite good too. Because for any first time pilot, crashes are guaranteed, and I've had several of them. One of which was in a tree about twenty feet high. The heli fell to the ground and still was in one piece when I picked it up, and guess what? It still flew with the same precision and power it had when I opened it out of the box.

Lesson learned: The heli does not fly well outside, unless there is no wind. (Common sense for toy-grade helis i'd say) But i've found flying indoors just as exciting, and even more challenging than flying outdoors. So my experience has not been degraded by that fact.

So, a few days later, my experience with this delicate machine has only become more satisfying, and now that I can confidently fly the thing, i'm having even more fun with it! In fact, so much fun, I plan to buy a Syma S107G very soon, so I can start to build my heli collection. Perhaps i'll even keep one at work, so whenever I need a break, I have something fun to clear my mind for a few minutes.

I've been bitten by the RC helicopter bug and thats why I joined your community, because i'll be surrounded by likeminded individuals with the same passion for flying RC that I'm currently developing.

I know a few of you others have this same helicopter. Id be interested to hear about your experience with it. And if theres an expert out there with this machine that knows how to upgrade the battery, I would love to hear from you too, because I want to put a better battery in the thing.

EDIT: Any tips for this beginner flyer when it comes to this helicopter?

Thanks for reading all!!! Glad to be here...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Sep 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
The Interceptor 052 is twice the size of the S107G, is your idea of getting the S107G so it can be flown more easily indoors due to size?

Any of the small Syma helis will fly as well as the S107G apart from the S026G Chinook as the tandems fly slightly differently to the others.

Have a look at the Syma site for some inspiration on what you may purchase next

http://www.symatoys.com/

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Thanks for your reply John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
The Interceptor 052 is twice the size of the S107G, is your idea of getting the S107G so it can be flown more easily indoors due to size?
Yes. That is one of the several reasons why Im considering an S107G, because it may be better suited to fly indoors than the Interceptor. I'm also interested because it's received very favorable reviews from thousands of people all across the internet. Its super stable flight for the size is another reason i'm attracted to it. I hear for that price point, its the best helicopter you can buy.

Ive spent lots of time on Syma's website the past few days Checking out all the different possibilities for my next bird!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Since you can fly the Interceptor 052, perhaps you should consider progressing up to fixed pitch helis. Something like the V911

The thread for it is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027

It is a stable heli and it would be more of a challenge but one you may well enjoy

John.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Since you can fly the Interceptor 052, perhaps you should consider progressing up to fixed pitch helis. Something like the V911

It is a stable heli and it would be more of a challenge but one you may well enjoy
Thanks for the suggestion John!! I've started reading up on it and it sounds like something I would be very interested in!!

I've been looking for a possible 4CH helicopter to try out and the V911 might just be that heli. Reviews across the web are very favorable for it too.

Its also very reasonably priced. Found it on Amazon for $49.95 with free shipping.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
You will get it cheaper here:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...)-p-36779.html

You will have a wait for 3 to 5 weeks for it but have a look through the threads for it, there may be a seller in the US that would suit you better

John.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:42 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Personally I had 2 R/C heli's but The Interceptor is the best one. I am only 13 years old But for a guy like me ( Who was a beginner) It was the best Helicopter for me. It is very stable although it leans on te left a little and it makes it harder for me to fly it. I have never crashed. Do i have to recalibrate it?

Thanks for replying
AlexMainville is offline Find More Posts by AlexMainville
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:37 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
790 Posts
looks like the bladerunner interceptor is about the same size as syma s032 which may be a good heli to compare it to..

http://www.interactivetoy.com/bladerunner.html

syma s032
http://www.xheli.com/s032-heli-red.html
mihcmac is online now Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Apr 17, 2014 at 04:19 PM.