Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
First Post: Noob looking for advice on successor to Blade CP Pro 2

Hi All,

I have been flying indoor helis of all sorts for many years now. I am now ready to move on to something bigger for the garden and field front of the house.

My research shows Blade CP Pro 2 is popular with the beginners. However, all the threads that I have read up here show that it is an old helicopter now.

Is there as successor to this one or should I go ahead buy this anyways?

I would like to start with the basics but the heli must be cable of doing 3Ds and be around the price of the a new Blade CP Pro 2.

Thank you.

c0ldskin - n00b from the UK.
coldskin is offline Find More Posts by coldskin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2008
137 Posts
I have ownd about 4 of them over the past 4 years. If its the cp pro2 they fly pretty good. They fly better with a dx6i or better radio then it comes with. Alot of people had a bad taste in their mouths from the older blade cp helis which sucked.
funkindatrunk is offline Find More Posts by funkindatrunk
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
Fly Hard, Land Soft
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
I would recommend a mcpx if you have no experience with 90 degree flybar or flybarless 4 channel or 6 channel helis but if you do you should get 130X or 300X both of them FBL and do not have a seprate motor driving the tail so tail authority is really good.
MinfangDuan is offline Find More Posts by MinfangDuan
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
Bring back the Huey!
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Walkera Genius CP or Mini CP for smaller. They taught me more than my 450 and 500. Almost indestructible.
Walkera V120D02s if you want larger, slightly less resistant than the two above.
I fly these guys more than the big ones, crash all the time (working of 3d stuff) and they keep on going.
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:58 AM
Fly Hard, Land Soft
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
The problem with walkera is that parts are not readily available so if you did manage to break them then you'll be waiting for parts while with blade you can just go down to the local hobby shop and get some parts.
MinfangDuan is offline Find More Posts by MinfangDuan
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:06 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldskin View Post
Hi All,

I have been flying indoor helis of all sorts for many years now.
Could you say what sorts they are? You might be ready for a full-up collective pitch but it's hard to say. I have all the little Blades - the mCPx, the mSR, the 130X, and the new Nano - they are all a little different, but good places to start. If you're just trying to learn orientation and flying skills then also consider the little quad - Blade mQX, it's a ton of fun!

I have a Blade CP Pro also, and it's not horrible, but the new stuff is so much better. I have flown Walkera helicopters, but own almost every Blade helicopter made, so take that for what it's worth... there's a reason I feel confident to go ahead and spend my money on whatever Blade is selling.

BTW, someone will probably come and say "but what about all the quality issues they have" and someone will probably respond with "but they have great customer service" and I want to let you know that is not the reason why I like Blades. With every mass-produced product, there is a percentage with problems, and with Blades being so popular, there is a large raw number of problems with every release. However, I'm starting to think that people are causing those problems somehow, because for the most part, I never seem to have them, and there's a couple other users who have the same experience - we just don't seem to have the same problems "everybody" is having. I can't explain it, but certain people seem to always have problems with things, and other people never have problems with those same things. I like them because they seem to work correctly for the most part, without me having to mess with it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:38 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
just dont
the CP Pro line is awful save your money get a sim see if your even going to stick with it once you see the learning curve
oh and parts are drying up for the CP Pro line as well

its picked a lot on price alone
if you really want to do CP helis get a sim get a good radio and get a T-rex 500E kit
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
I agree.. cp pro is terrible.

Get something like a mcpx or a ncpx.
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Thank you everyone.

I have ordered the Phoenix Sim and DX6i. Got the DX6i at a good price from ebay.

Also got a Firebird Stratos RTF to get my hands dirty on as I have no experience with planes except Sims from late 90s to all the way mid 2000s.

I haven't gone for the a heli yet but will do once I understand 6 channel through the Phoenix SIM as never used these high end TX before. Plan on going for the Blade 130X

Thanks again.
coldskin is offline Find More Posts by coldskin
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Thank you everyone.

I have ordered the Phoenix Sim and DX6i. Got the DX6i at a good price from ebay.

Also got a Firebird Stratos RTF to get my hands dirty on as I have no experience with planes except Sims from late 90s to all the way mid 2000s.

I haven't gone for the a heli yet but will do once I understand 6 channel through the Phoenix SIM as never used these high end TX before. Plan on going for the Blade 130X

Thanks again.

I don't think the 130x is what you should be looking for, that's really a much more difficult heli to fly if you've got little experience. I'd go for a blade 450x if it has to be Spektrum. I'd not recommend that brand for sure, but seeing that you've bought the dx6i already..
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
just dont
the CP Pro line is awful save your money get a sim see if your even going to stick with it once you see the learning curve
oh and parts are drying up for the CP Pro line as well

its picked a lot on price alone
if you really want to do CP helis get a sim get a good radio and get a T-rex 500E kit
Yeah the 500e will be great indeed, much easier to handle. Also about the same price if you go with the new low-budget one with Align 790 gyro. You can always upgrade to torque tube and metal head and tail later on.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
Incurable heli addict
Southern Ohio
Joined Mar 2009
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Thank you everyone.

Thanks again.
Sounds like a plan and the 130X is a nice heli.
Love mine.

The main troubles with them are mostly user error.
People expect too much.

It's a cheap heli in an expensive hobby.
It does a fantastic job for the price.

I have 100's of flights....maybe a thousand?
100 crashes or so.

I have had one stripped tail gear and one broken blade grip.
I also had a servo quit but that was recently and can be called normal wear and tear.

A couple 130X flights before dark (9 min 16 sec)
McKrackin is offline Find More Posts by McKrackin