HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,371 Posts
ahhh, that's why I haven't had any problems. I'm a belly lander
just kidding lol sorry about your problems with them.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:15 AM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
ahhh, that's why I haven't had any problems. I'm a belly lander
just kidding lol sorry about your problems with them.
Lol it's cool...I worked through it
03svtsnakevert is offline Find More Posts by 03svtsnakevert
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:42 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,316 Posts
Yep if I have a miner problem like something I can replace like a servo I just replace it, To much hassle to to through CS just for little things.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Yep if I have a miner problem like something I can replace like a servo I just replace it, To much hassle to to through CS just for little things.
I agree but replacement retracts were like 50 bucks
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
olllian
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Mine gets hear monday alredy have a 1700kv motor on 5s ready to go i might try it out one time on stock setup =0
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
That will be sick!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Anyone put a meter on the stock setup to see what the amp draw is? Also will it even balance with a 4s. 2200?
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:14 PM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Anyone put a meter on the stock setup to see what the amp draw is? Also will it even balance with a 4s. 2200?
I balanced mine with a 4s 1600 but the lipo is moved all the way back to balance at 50mm
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:48 PM
olllian
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert View Post
I balanced mine with a 4s 1600 but the lipo is moved all the way back to balance at 50mm
what lipos are u running? If i read right you got the RTF? I am going to start out with a 2200 4s 45c that i have laying around. The nano-tec 1800mah 65-130c should be a hot setup on stock setup!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:05 PM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
what lipos are u running? If i read right you got the RTF? I am going to start out with a 2200 4s 45c that i have laying around. The nano-tec 1800mah 65-130c should be a hot setup on stock setup!
Yeah it's kinda sorta the rtf just added a Rx...it's a powerwing 4s 1600 20c
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:54 PM
olllian
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert View Post
Yeah it's kinda sorta the rtf just added a Rx...it's a powerwing 4s 1600 20c
I would get rid of that 20c and bump it up to a 40c+
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
I would get rid of that 20c and bump it up to a 40c+
Yeah I have other higher c rating lipos for it...however that higher c rating is only good for initial burst but not sustained
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Would be nice to put a meter on it to see amp draw. If nothing else to help with "C" rating selections.
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:01 PM
USA, TX, Copperas Cove
Joined Jul 2010
626 Posts
Maidened it today!!!!

Well I can tell ya, it is................................FAST!!!!

1st flight:

Not quite enough throttle and very twitchy on take off...aileron roll left right left inverted right left and then got up enough speed to be rock solid...ailerons have decent authority and great speed!! had the CG set up at 50mm which is their front number...flew tail heavy here...landed it a little hot but it handled it well...very tough little plane...had all surfaces set at 100%...too much elevator throw which causes a violent roll if you pull hard elevator

2nd flight:

more power on take off and rewarded with a very uneventful hand toss take off...I cut the elevator down to 75%...better on elevator authority but still a hard pull to full deflection results in a hard roll out...again really enjoying the speed of this inexpensive bird...the motor sounds AWESOME!!!! I used a higher c lipo (30c) and it was only slightly warm after a 3 min flight...this lipo is a 1300 mah and not the 1600 I was initially flying with (both are 4S)...I moved this one fwd and it seemed a little more close to balance...still slightly tail heavy but not nearly as twitchy.

3rd flight

again more power on take off and it was on rails...no troubles now...reduced elevator to 65% and even better meaning I can pull a little tighter loop now but it will still roll out on hard elevator pull..so be cognizant of that...used the first lipo after only putting 700 mah back in so I didn't quite make 50% on initial flight although it was slightly tame on the first flight...this flight I wrang it out a bit....I don't know if said this already but this thing is FAST...really enjoy it...I moved the original battery a little further fwd and it still climbed a bit but I had a better feel for the bird here...landings were good all day...little hot but no damage to this tough little bird...the 20c lipo was very warm upon removing it from the plane...which tells me that the C rating at 20 is too light for this little bird.

Great power
watch your CG...the manual has it a 50-60...I set it at 50 and it seemed tail heavy on its first flight...50 was the 1600 4S moved all the way back...I moved it slightly forward and noted better flying characteristics.
I would recommend at least a 30C-40C lipo for this bird...my 30C only came back slightly warm after a spirited flight.

Hope you guys enjoy yours! I will be flying this little hot rod for a while now...can't wait to fly my rifle!!

two thumbs up!!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:49 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,371 Posts
03svtsnakevert
Nice flight report. Good info. So where exactly did you wind up with the CG for better flight characteristics? I will be running 3s so I guess I will have to move my battery more forward. A pic of where you put yours would be great.
I get mine this Wed but won't be able to maiden until this weekend, weather permitting.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain