SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert View Post
Looks and sounds great ollian! I may have to reconsider purchasing another one
Thx
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,182 Posts
nice job , good test for the airframe

it will be interesting to see what u come up w/ on radar. the math tells me it's in the 120 range flat and level given the kv is close to the spec. seems like u have a thrust prop w/ the 7x5, another inch of pitch will give ~ 160 mph prop speed

good luck

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Help!....... I bought one of these and can't get it more than 20ft. in front of me before it rolls left and takes a hard nose dive upside down into the ground. I'm on my 3rd fuselage and don't seem to be making any progress. The plane weighs 610g. but will not CG where Freewing recommends. Like previous posts have said, it's nose heavy. Never had a plane take off like this before. I'm totally frustrated and ready to use the drive train in another plane. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
wgt500 is offline Find More Posts by wgt500
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
Well boys as promised I got my flight in today on 6s HOLLY crap is this plane fast it sounds like an F1 car. It still fly’s awesome with my setup! Super happy with the speed I think I am around 140+mph but I will have my friend use a radar gun this weekend to prove it I used a 7x5apc and it ripps. After I landed I checked the esc and motor was not as warm as I was thinking it would be. I highly recommend my setup wow......

This is the last 3 big laps i did in the video enjoy. Sorry its with my iphon!


http://youtu.be/_tNWVcrjnQQ
DId anyone see the UFO at 6 seconds?
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
DId anyone see the UFO at 6 seconds?
haha! I got my little camra on it now so i can see the moon.
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgt500 View Post
Help!....... I bought one of these and can't get it more than 20ft. in front of me before it rolls left and takes a hard nose dive upside down into the ground. I'm on my 3rd fuselage and don't seem to be making any progress. The plane weighs 610g. but will not CG where Freewing recommends. Like previous posts have said, it's nose heavy. Never had a plane take off like this before. I'm totally frustrated and ready to use the drive train in another plane. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What size lipo are you running? You are going to have to add lead in the back of the plane to make the CG good. I put my cg at 50mm with lead in the back. When you get the CG right have 1/2 trottle and it goes straight.
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
haha! I got my little camra on it now so i can see the moon.
I can see the moon without a camera

I also have aerial cameras. Works out much better than putting them on my ground vehicles. Too much bouncing
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
What size lipo are you running? You are going to have to add lead in the back of the plane to make the CG good. I put my cg at 50mm with lead in the back. When you get the CG right have 1/2 trottle and it goes straight.
Thanks for the response. I'm running a Sky Lipo 1600mAh which weighs 186g. The first battery I used when I destroyed the first fuselage was a brand x 2200mAh which weighed in at 217g. I actually added weight in the rear of the fuselage and got perfect CG, but Banana Hobby tech. told me not to do that, so I took it out and have since destroyed another fuselage. I had used 1/4" steel allthread threaded into the end of the fuselage. It only required about 16oz. Should I give the plane any right aileron on takeoff since it rolls hard left? I will put the correct amount of weight back in the fuselage to achieve 50mm CG.
wgt500 is offline Find More Posts by wgt500
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:20 AM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgt500 View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm running a Sky Lipo 1600mAh which weighs 186g. The first battery I used when I destroyed the first fuselage was a brand x 2200mAh which weighed in at 217g. I actually added weight in the rear of the fuselage and got perfect CG, but Banana Hobby tech. told me not to do that, so I took it out and have since destroyed another fuselage. I had used 1/4" steel allthread threaded into the end of the fuselage. It only required about 16oz. Should I give the plane any right aileron on takeoff since it rolls hard left? I will put the correct amount of weight back in the fuselage to achieve 50mm CG.
That's wierd mine dose not roll at all just a tiny bit on take off. My DF use to roll alot. I am running skylipo 1800mah 4s and 1200mah 6s
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Well, I put it all back together including a new fuselage. Added the counter weight to make it CG at 50mm. Now I'm just waiting for the wind to die down before giving it another shot.
wgt500 is offline Find More Posts by wgt500
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgt500 View Post
Well, I put it all back together including a new fuselage. Added the counter weight to make it CG at 50mm. Now I'm just waiting for the wind to die down before giving it another shot.
Good luck
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Since it doesn't have a rudder, have you thought about mixing the ailerons to the rudder stick as well? That way if you throw it right handed, your left thumb can be on the rudder stick to counteract the roll as it leaves your hand. I've done that on a couple models and it works like a charm.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
OD123ify Snake
Morodie's Avatar
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Moray

i need help with this what did i do wrong
stock setup with a 4s 1800mah please help
Freewing Moray Crash on launch Snake (1 min 38 sec)
Morodie is offline Find More Posts by Morodie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
olllian
olllian's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morodie View Post
i need help with this what did i do wrong
stock setup with a 4s 1800mah please help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbrU...w&feature=plcp
U use wot? Have your friend launch it the first time so u can get it trimmed out. First time my friend launched it it pulled up bad so I landed and set the elev right.
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:10 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,288 Posts
That looked like a torque roll to me, try launching with less throttle. Could have been trim but I don't believe so.

Also, get yourself a neck strap so you can hold the radio easier.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIB Dago Red Sport Pylon bevers01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 21, 2012 02:06 PM
Question sport, pylon, f3a.. what are all the catagories and what do they mean? flybybob Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 3 Jun 30, 2012 10:10 PM
New Product JCX-M6 Flight Controller for RC Airplane RC Model Plane FPV Fixed-wing Airplane wenney2009 FPV Talk 3 Jun 19, 2012 05:10 AM
Sold Fantrainer Sport Scale RC Ducted Fan Jet Airplane Plans junieb Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 04, 2007 06:44 AM