SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:35 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,766 Posts
Me to, but I fear it will be a little to big.

LB 8x8cm, 1SQ 12x12cm.

Heck, I'll buy the booms and the canopy and do an MQX/1SQ Hybrid
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:12 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Me to, but I fear it will be a little to big.

LB 8x8cm, 1SQ 12x12cm.

Heck, I'll buy the booms and the canopy and do an MQX/1SQ Hybrid
Did not notice that...
But now my fingers keep pushing on the reload button @ banggood to see if they have the parts for the 1SQ
oxygen is offline Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:22 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,513 Posts
This looks like a great mini quad. I do believe heli max is starting to use nine eagles as a supplier instead of Walkera as the last two releases, this and the Novus 200 fp copter are Rebranded Nine Eagle. This is definitely on my want list as I have had other Nine Eagle copters which are quality made.
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Looking to buy some nano tech batteries from hobby king to prepare for this quad. Which ones should fit?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,304 Posts
I couldn't resist,I went to my LHS and ordered one today this thing will be a blast paired to my 9x
antennahead is online now Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:54 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I couldn't resist,I went to my LHS and ordered one today this thing will be a blast paired to my 9x
Hope you're ready to do some mods, the 9x is not included in the "any" part of anylink. There are, however, several quads on the market compatible with a 9x with no mods and no range limiting dangly think hanging off your radio.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:06 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Yeah if your wanting to use your 9x with one I would look at the v939 or v929 quad from banggood.com
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:18 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,949 Posts
yeah it will take some work to get the 9x to work on any link but it can be done. again im sure the v929 or v939 is a better option if you dont like to mod
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=408
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,304 Posts
I haven't looked into it to closely yet, but last year I had a bad connection on my anylinks square futaba connector and had to take the plug apart to fix one of the pins that pushed back, and if I remember correctly, it only had three wires inside of it. I currently have a dragonlink tx hooked up to my 9x and I think the anylink would hook up the same way, When I removed to 9x module, I unsoldered the wires, then resoldered them once I removed the antenna and module, but have no way to tell if it still works as I gave away the rx away to a friend. I want to keep all of my FPV stuff and all of my indoor micro stuff on the 9x just by swapping out the dragonlink/anylink module. I'll probably attach the original 9x antenna to the original module so that I can re install that module too, but I'd have to get another micro quad (929/ 939) to test it.........You can never have enough electronics or quads and planes
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,231 Posts
Any rumors on the grapevine when these arrive? I heard late October. I pre-ordered from Hobby Zone. Hurry up already
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:15 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
Any rumors on the grapevine when these arrive? I heard late October. I pre-ordered from Hobby Zone. Hurry up already
still havent heard a change from my distributor but im hoping it will just arrive with an order either this week or next
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:08 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,304 Posts
I was told end of oct early nov. But that's through my
Lhs.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,231 Posts
sound of crickets......."Still waiting
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
49 Posts
Agreed, the Nine Eagles and Heli-Max canopies appear to be identical with different graphics and they both look amazing IMHO.
There is is a slight difference in size, however not sure if the canopy size is different.
From what I have seen and read so far, the RTF version has a crappier supplied Tx than most costing 1/2 the price.

As nice as these beauties look, I won't be dropping that amount just for a canopy essentially.

Now if only I can find as nice a canopy like this for my Ladybird. (No other aftermarket canopy comes close, including those from MIA.)

DIY vacuum forming might be the answer
stryker2 is offline Find More Posts by stryker2
Last edited by stryker2; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker2 View Post
Agreed, the Nine Eagles and Heli-Max canopies appear to be identical with different graphics and they both look amazing IMHO.
There is is a slight difference in size, however not sure if the canopy size is different.
From what I have seen and read so far, the RTF version has a crappier supplied Tx than most costing 1/2 the price.

As nice as these beauties look, I won't be dropping that amount just for a canopy essentially.

Now if only I can find as nice a canopy like this for my Ladybird. (No other aftermarket canopy comes close, including those from MIA.)

DIY vacuum forming might be the answer
FYI the RTF tx might look cheap but it is a NE J4 and has adjustable subtrims and gyro gain. It also can be changed between modes 1 and 2. Overall it's a decent little tx. One came with my Solo Pro 228p

regards . . . g

edit: I agree the RTF pkg is overpriced, though.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:54 PM.