SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:52 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I keep on hearing on several threads that the DX7 has different programming...I wonder why Spektrum would come up with such an oddball radio vs the rest of the line???

I noticed out of the box that my 1SQ was a little noisy in flight---The prop tips seemed to be making the noise...I eyeballed the props and all of them were straight...Then, I ran my fingers around the edges of the props and could feel rough molding flashing all around the tips...Using an Exacto blade placed at a 90* angle to the prop I scraped off the flashing, making the props smooth to the touch...DO THIS GENTLY!!!...The purpose is to just remove the flashing and not to disturb the airfoil or upset the balance...

Now, the 1SQ is much quieter than is was out of the box...The molding flashing on the prop tips was causing the air to be ripped at the tips rather than slicing through...Although not measurable, this no doubt has made the props a tiny bit more efficient as well...

Kevin
The DX7 came out years ago.... it was the first along with the parkflier version of the DX6. The DX7s and 6i are the latest radios. The old 7 was actually made by JR and is a solid radio but has qwerky programming. Not bad once you are used to it...

Hey, just noticed, this is my 1000th post!!
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Have been using the 1SQ with the RTF package transformer for a couple of weeks with no trouble. Just got a DX6i and tried to bind it this afternoon. Couldn't get it to bind after pressing the bind button and now I'm not getting the 2nd LED (that ordinarily blinks fast when the TX is on) at all. Just the one solid led when I plug in the battery. Can't get it to communicate with the stock TX or the DX6i now. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any suggestions? Many thanks for any help.
Seasiderht is offline Find More Posts by Seasiderht
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:27 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasiderht View Post
Have been using the 1SQ with the RTF package transformer for a couple of weeks with no trouble. Just got a DX6i and tried to bind it this afternoon. Couldn't get it to bind after pressing the bind button and now I'm not getting the 2nd LED (that ordinarily blinks fast when the TX is on) at all. Just the one solid led when I plug in the battery. Can't get it to communicate with the stock TX or the DX6i now. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any suggestions? Many thanks for any help.
Do you have a "AnyLink" hooked up to your dx6i?
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Yeah, have it hooked up, mapped right from what I can tell (getting 2 beeps). It's strange, I've never seen that 2nd LED (i guess it's an indicator for the reciever) not light up at all. Don't know if it needs to be "un-bound" or reset in some way? Or something has gotten screwed up on the board when I was pressing the bind button perhaps?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:39 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
you should have on solid and one rapid flashing light on the quad the power turned off to your dx6i and plugged in your anylink..your battery is full charged on the 1sq also right
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Yeah, full charge on the 1SQ. I can't get the rapidly flashing light to come on. Only the solid LED lights up. It's the same whether whether I try to use the dx6i/Anylink or the TX that came with it.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:57 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
Did you push the little black button on the left back on the circuit board? Hold for 5 secs and then let go..binds to the tx then.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
Went to the LHS to pick one up (1st saw some there about a week ago, then started following this thread). Out of stock until January........arrrgghh.
My heart goes out to you bro. When I finally decided to get one, I called my LHS and they had one left. I asked them to hold it for me and I picked it up the very next day.
You will be happy when you get it.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:20 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Good job on the power supply and outlet box.
I got lucky and bought a Bulldog 30 and a Pyramid 12 power supplies, along with the Duratrax ICE and Triton chargers, all at the same time from a guy that was leaving RC car racing, on E Bay about 4 years ago. Got a really smokin deal on them, and they all work perfectly.
My batteries are getting stronger. I have put a couple more fights on each of them, I can now get past the 3 min. mark and still have exceptable power.
By the time they get broke in, they may be worn out......
Rn
Nice deal on the charges and yes, a good charger makes all the difference in the world.
I also had the Duratrax Ice a while back. I bought the back light upgrade from Ebay, it worked for about 2 months and died. then it was actually harder to see the LED after that because the reflective backing has to be removed to put the light in. The moral here is, DON"T BUY THE BACK LIGHT KIT
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:25 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Nice deal on the charges and yes, a good charger makes all the difference in the world.
I also had the Duratrax Ice a while back. I bought the back light upgrade from Ebay, it worked for about 2 months and died. then it was actually harder to see the LED after that because the reflective backing has to be removed to put the light in. The moral here is, DON"T BUY THE BACK LIGHT KIT
What a horrible coincidence. I did buy that back light, If I remember it was around 30 bucks. I had the same experience, and it is harder to read now. The manufacturer never returned a single e-mail (several) I wrote about it. I finally just gave up, and I ware my best glasses now to read it.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Did you push the little black button on the left back on the circuit board? Hold for 5 secs and then let go..binds to the tx then.
Yup- have been pressing the bind button, still no 2nd LED and won't work with the anylink. And the stock RTF transmitter won't communicate with it now either. Bizarre.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:36 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasiderht View Post
Yup- have been pressing the bind button, still no 2nd LED and won't work with the anylink. And the stock RTF transmitter won't communicate with it now either. Bizarre.
I have set up a few of these and none of them would bind on the first try. Took several attempts.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
I have set up a few of these and none of them would bind on the first try. Took several attempts.
Thanks JRJR- do you recall, is the 2nd LED dark until it binds? Usually if it doesn't see a radio it will blink. The 2nd LED has completely stopped lighting at all. Trying to get a sense of whether it's an issue with binding or I've got a problem with the PCB. Thanks again.
Last edited by Seasiderht; Dec 09, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Any ideas what to put on the board to seal it from snow? I know its an odd question.
Reality is, I fly this bird better outside. I was last night and just happen to have the lipo die right above some snow on the ground. Well the snow caused the board to not work until it dried offm I've used PB Blast garage door spray on my land RC to help repell water. Do you think this would work?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:20 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
Any ideas what to put on the board to seal it from snow? I know its an odd question.
Reality is, I fly this bird better outside. I was last night and just happen to have the lipo die right above some snow on the ground. Well the snow caused the board to not work until it dried offm I've used PB Blast garage door spray on my land RC to help repell water. Do you think this would work?
Corrosion X (douse the whole quad except canopy and blades as it will protect anything electrical including LED circuitry and the motors). I would say followed up with dip of the RX board in Plasti-Dip but I'm afraid of the Plasti-Dip possibly causing the MOSFETS to overheat in summertime.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor