SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
One thing that I did notice...I have a dog---A Cavalier King Charles...He has rather long hair and the 1SQ seems to attract hair around the base of the props like crazy at the motor even only after one flight...All I found was one strand on one motor but enough to cause that motor to lag the others...My indoor flights will need to have the props/motors checked after each flight......

A tip that I can offer----When your quad is new take the props and move them up and down before the maiden...Mine had about 1mm of "play" when I checked the props...This is what they should feel like...After a crash, be sure to check for this "play" as this will allow the props to turn properly...If you notice one prop not spinning for several revolutions after flicking it with your finger, don't fly until the proper prop to motor spacing is made...Adjust the prop or take off the red button and adjust the shaft of the motor as per the latest instructions...

Kevin
my motors slide in the housings on a hard landing or hit on the wall
causing the motors to stop turning
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:05 PM
USA, OH, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2003
231 Posts
Speaking of kitties....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post

It's kinda fun in the house though. The kitties like it.
Speaking of kitties... check this out!

1SQ Cat Fight (0 min 59 sec)

Paul
plasoneal is offline Find More Posts by plasoneal
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I just got in my 3rd indoor flight...Over 5 minutes at a hover on the stock battery...I increased the throw on the rudder to 150% to pirouette this quad as fast as possible......

I now have more expo in this bird than any other plane/heli that I've owned...I'm now at 40% expo and she is pretty stable in a hover....Tried some forward flight in the living room with a few columns as obsticles...She is a challenge in forward flight...For those that say this quad flies like a heli are 100% correct...I can fly a flybarless mCPx easier than this bird...I enjoy a challenge and the 1SQ provides this...Looking forward to mastering the 1SQ!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
JR 9503 heli version...

Kevin
That's good, try your gyro settings at around 30 and 60, servos at 100% and expo around 30% see how you like that. The good thing about it is, they are easily adjustable.
Rn

EDIT: I was typing while you was posting.
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasoneal View Post

http://youtu.be/_OClWDz8s6U

Paul
Funny!!!...My dog runs and hides under the bed when I get out the indoor helis...He knows that these can seek him out wherever he is...However, he gets mad when I don't include him in my outdoor flights...He "knows" when I ask him if he wants to "go fly"...Listen to him bark/complain at the beginning of the video when I didn't include him in my outdoor flight of the MiG-15...

Kevin

MiG 15 (4 min 1 sec)
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Funny!!!...My dog runs and hides under the bed when I get out the indoor helis...He knows that these can seek him out wherever he is...However, he gets mad when I don't include him in my outdoor flights...He "knows" when I ask him if he wants to "go fly"...Listen to him bark/complain at the beginning of the video when I didn't include him in my outdoor flight of the MiG-15...

Kevin
my dog barks his brains out also. He loved chasing my Truggy around..
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
my dog barks his brains out also. He loved chasing my Truggy around..
My dog loves to "go fly"!!!...He chases my Beast and Sbach when I fly really slow about 1' over his head---But he did damage one of my planes on landing when he placed a paw on the wing as to say "Here, I stopped it for you, daddy!!!"...The DF MiG drives him crazy as I suspect the high frequency of the fan is aggravating his ears....

Kevin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:20 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasoneal View Post

Paul
LOL! That was great! None of mine have taken a whack at it.

Thanks for the tips fellas. I think what I really need is soft grass and daylight. A combination I have not had since I bought it. My weekday world is very... paved.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,217 Posts
Quote:
One thing that I did notice...I have a dog---A Cavalier King Charles...He has rather long hair and the 1SQ seems to attract hair around the base of the props like crazy at the motor even only after one flight...All I found was one strand on one motor but enough to cause that motor to lag the others...My indoor flights will need to have the props/motors checked after each flight......
Kevin
That just means you will have to vacuum and sweep a little more often
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
That just means you will have to vacuum and sweep a little more often
You mean the kids have to vacuum and sweep a little more LOL
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
You mean the kids have to vacuum and sweep a little more LOL
Shame to say it but my two boys ages 7 and 11 don't even know where the vacuum is stored, much less know how to uncoil the cord to plug it in......

My wife vacuums regularly---Usually picking the time to vacuum while I'm watching a great football game......

I got in a few more flights with the 1SQ before bed last night...I bumped up the rudder to 150% and it was still prety slow to do pirouettes...I'm getting the hang of it though after taming down the aileron and elevator sensitivity...

Kevin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:39 PM
LNLP
Oak Harbor, Washington 98277
Joined Jan 2005
184 Posts
Batteries For Heli-Max ISQ Quad

Would the Eflite 1S 500 Mah 12 C lipo work with the ISQ Quad?
size is 4 by 2 by 0.5 inches

LNLP
LNLP is offline Find More Posts by LNLP
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:20 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNLP View Post
Would the Eflite 1S 500 Mah 12 C lipo work with the ISQ Quad?
size is 4 by 2 by 0.5 inches

LNLP
A couple of issues you might have are first off the 1sq has a stopper on it and with the 500mah lipo's being much longer you would have to probably cut that off in order to slide it to a central point. The second thing which I'm sure you already know, but you will have to switch out the connection as the stock connector on this isn't jst. The other issue you might find is the extra weight of the 500's will reduce the maneuvaribility and also probably shorten motor life due to the extra weight being lugged around every flight.

I know when I built my ladybird/mqx hybrid the flight performance was quite a bit reduced when using the 500 size lipo's, however I could fly for a good 10 minutes. But that's where the engine wear comes in.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,255 Posts
Mine 1SQ started drifting towards the right...hmmm....read the maintenance instructions. Said to pop each blade up 1mm....fixed the problem!! Awesome little heli.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:18 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Alright. Forward turns figured out. It's that wonky weird tension on the right stick throwing off my turns. If I don't push hard enough, it doesn't bank enough to turn. If I push past the point where the tension releases, it banks too hard and makes the turn too tight. Battery charging now. I got this.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.