HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:02 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
People that shop at hobby shops are a minority in this specific niche, so to act like you know what "the people" want based on your experience with a very small subset of consumers in this product category does not make you an expert by any means. There is in fact a reason it hasn't been done yet, and that is because of all the proprietary technology involved, none of which the anylink solves as it too is a proprietary solution, and more of a duct tape fix to a problem than a solution. Honestly if I had a $500 radio I wouldn't be too happy about the thought of flying with something dangling out of it.

Unless your radio is backwards from mine (possible) you are wrong about negative expo. It responds smoother near the middle of the stick but you lose precise resolution toward the end of it. This is not good for sport flying, so either your radio is backwards or you aren't as good of a pilot as you think you are. Just because putting in negative expo makes it easier for you to fly does not mean it comes from the factory with positive expo.

I sure hope you don't dole out this flip flopping and flat out wrong advice to people getting into this hobby, I feel kinda bad for the customers at your hobby shop.

Quote:
and now the quad will fly better than all the other quads combined.
Quote:
And i have no doubts that this quad is just like all the rest as far as specs go
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:39 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Deleted due to posting while in a bad mood!
RandomRon is offline Find More Posts by RandomRon
Last edited by RandomRon; Sep 27, 2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Not happy with my own meanness...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Unless your radio is backwards from mine (possible) you are wrong about negative expo. It responds smoother near the middle of the stick but you lose precise resolution toward the end of it. This is not good for sport flying, so either your radio is backwards or you aren't as good of a pilot as you think you are. Just because putting in negative expo makes it easier for you to fly does not mean it comes from the factory with positive expo.

I sure hope you don't dole out this flip flopping and flat out wrong advice to people getting into this hobby, I feel kinda bad for the customers at your hobby shop.
Yeah. I want to hear someone else talk about wether or not they have negative expo. And also I wouldn't want to have an adapter on my radio. On of my other friends built a mini quad under my instruction and we made is specifically DSM compatible so I could use buddy box to help him learn to fly it. If it needed an adapter on the radio then that couldn't have happened. He would have just have to crash over and over again to learn
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
Chad
TheOne420's Avatar
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,621 Posts
if you would stop trying to take my words and manipulate them.
"and now the quad will fly better than all the other quads combined".
that was in regards to tunning out the added expo(trust me its there) with your own tx

"And i have no doubts that this quad is just like all the rest as far as specs go"
i am talking about the motors and hardware. not the software

try hooking up a multimeter to your micro quad and checking. i get movement all the way to the end of my stick movement with neg expo added. but i do not get any change in the current near center stick when i have no expo added. which makes me think there is expo in the software. i tend to try and fix things so i tinker a lot and in my tinkering this is what i found and that is why i add neg expo and have more fun flying now than i used to.

It seems you are also on the kill heli max bandwagon so there is no stopping your insane remarks that make me laugh. like you saying the turnigy 9x is a good radio . yeah if you want to buy a ugly cheap plastic radio and reprogram it to do what all the other tx's can do out of the box. and then check the forums regularly for any updates.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Last edited by TheOne420; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Chad
TheOne420's Avatar
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I . Other than the canopy it offers no features spec wise that cheaper quads don't have.
this is what started it all your false statement
the only thing i have done is point out the good things about this quad. the fact that it can use any tx.

you on the otherhand need to pick at every word so you can comeback with something that still does not have to do with this quad and its features.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:48 AM View Post
skitchen8
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while skitchen8 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
this is what started it all your false statement
the only thing i have done is point out the good things about this quad. the fact that it can use any tx.

you on the otherhand need to pick at every word so you can comeback with something that still does not have to do with this quad and its features.
Oh that's cool, I want to use my 9958 tx to fly it.

Wait? I thought you said any tx... Surely I can use my 6ch tactic radio then. Right?

No, so what you mean by any radio is actually a few different radios? So like, a feature that several other quads have without needing to have something dangling from your transmitter? I thought this was an innovative quad though, you promised me this is one of a kind and can't be beat by any other quads.

Why all the lies?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
RC Logger Support
jlcamp7's Avatar
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,152 Posts
I might have missed it because I didn't read through all of the arguing, but one thing I noticed earlier on page 2 was the argument over expo. I just want to state that I'm pretty positive the 9x and spektrum (such as dx6i,7,8 etc) are different in this area which is the reason for confusion. In the 9x from my understanding negative expo makes the sticks less sensitive at center stick and positive makes it more sensitive, while on spektrum radios (jr radio's inlcuded) it's the opposite. When you run positive expo you are making it less sensitive around center and when you run negative you are making it more responsive. So that is the reason for confusion on that subject.

As for the quad itself. I have to say I do like the canopy. I won't be picking one up as I already have a ladybird, mqx and also a bambucopter crab 25 on the way. However if the canopy fits the mqx I might pick one of those up.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:25 PM
RC Logger Support
jlcamp7's Avatar
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,152 Posts
Oh and though I'm not a huge fan of heli-max I will say this is a great option for those that want to use their favorite Tx that don't have options yet like Futaba, Hitec etc. So I think it will sell for that factor.

The reality is there is something for everyone no matter what way you choose to fly or what tx you choose to use, so why don't we move past all of the nonsense and keep it on track talking about the 1sQ
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
Chad
TheOne420's Avatar
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,621 Posts
well you are not speaking to a kid here but reading your posts still having nothing to do with this thread seems to me to be a bit overboard it is people like you that ruin the experience for others.If any one seems like a kid i believe that would be you. I have done nothing but try to help support this quad(in a thread for this quad) while you do nothing but try to bring everything that has nothing to do with this quad to point. and yes this quad can use more tx's than any other micro quad. I am sorry if I used the word any but if you are in the hobby you know it would need at least a trainer port to work. But if you want to open your tx and do a little soldering yes it will work. yes it has a module (duh how else could it work) but for someone like myself and those I talk to it is no big deal. and many people i talk to like this feature it seemed to me you did to
Quote:
Missed that one, good call
unless i misunderstood your smile.
i never said this would be perfect for a beginer but rather it would be perfect for someone that has the equipment and would like to get a quad to work with what they have. It is perfect for that person who wants to get a micro quad for indoor flying and outdoor small area flying and use the tx they use for flying there helis or planes.
sorry this is off topic again
when i say ugly yes i mean ugly but not just apearance but the quality of the plastics used. It is obvious it is a cheap radio and it will crack if left in heat or dropped from 3ft( I have seen both happen) the plastic used is just poor quality. temps get to 120+ here so heat is a factor. In the futaba or hitec tx's for example which use a higher grade plastic can withstand higher heat and small impacts like a 3ft drop. yes of course there will be some variances from this but the quality control at turnigy is nothing compared to a highend brand. You get what you pay for meaning retail value can tell you alot. not just the middle man hikes

last but not least i want to say i use quality equipment because i have used cheap equipment and had many troubles I'm sure you have too since you use the equipment yourself if you say you have not had any trouble either with finding parts for the tx(long wait from china) or understanding the manual i say you are a liar and i will stand by that.I am educated in electronics and have no problem fixing and tweaking anything but to have the need to constantly fix something that should be working it gets old. I chose to buy a futaba radio that excepts modules for a compatability standpoint i paid $95 with the fasst module that is not expensive and is worth the extra $40 i paid over the price of a 9x to get the quality i recieved. Anyone can get these deals because i see them all the time on this forum it is not a point of having the money to buy the good equipment it is having the experience with cheap quality items.

thank you jlcamp7 that is what i have been telling this kid for awhile
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
yes of course there will be some variances from this but the quality control at turnigy is nothing compared to a highend brand.

I chose to buy a futaba radio that excepts modules for a compatability standpoint i paid $95 with the fasst module that is not expensive and is worth the extra $40 i paid over the price of a 9x to get the quality i recieved. Anyone can get these deals because i see them all the time on this forum it is not a point of having the money to buy the good equipment it is having the experience with cheap quality items.
Just thought I would chime in that the Turnigy 9X is actually a Flysky TH9X re-branded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this radio. I have quite a few high-end transmitters and find flying these small helicopters and quads with the 9x to be a perfect match.

I guess It boils down to doing what works for you, without slamming what someone else is doing.

Lets get back on topic here and talk about this quad and even your opinions about this quad... Without being offensive to others that may not share your opinions.
RandomRon is offline Find More Posts by RandomRon
Last edited by RandomRon; Sep 27, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRon View Post
Just thought I would chime in that the Turnigy 9X is actually a Flysky TH9X re-branded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this radio. I have quite a few high-end transmitters and find flying these small helicopters and quads with the 9x to be a perfect match.

I guess It boils down to doing what works for you, without slamming what someone else is doing.

Lets get back on topic here and talk about this quad and even your opinions about this quad... Without being offensive to others that may not share your opinions.
That is a good idea
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
Chad
TheOne420's Avatar
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,621 Posts
here are a few beter pics from the helimax website
[/URL]
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:14 PM
RC Logger Support
jlcamp7's Avatar
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,152 Posts
Yeah I really think that's quite possibly the best stock canopy I've seen to date on these smaller scale quads. It would look great with my orange props on the mqx, however after seeing it it looks like the canopy might be too small for the mqx. I guess only time will tell once its available.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:40 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Darsh's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Yeah I really think that's quite possibly the best stock canopy I've seen to date on these smaller scale quads. It would look great with my orange props on the mqx, however after seeing it it looks like the canopy might be too small for the mqx. I guess only time will tell once its available.
...available, and shipped to europe. Thanks
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Heli-Max 480 4300kV High Perf Brushless Heli Motor boots.isa Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 22, 2012 10:02 PM
Discussion New Release Heli-Max Novus FP 200 Heli Gym Flight wnppmy Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 20 May 30, 2012 07:40 PM
Sold Heli-Max Blade Balancer/COG $12 SOLD themadhatter196 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 28, 2012 08:23 PM
Sold Heli-Max Novus CP Clavin01 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Feb 24, 2012 03:55 PM
Sold 4 Heli-Max Helis (2) Heli-Max Novus Huey 1-D Coax & (2) Helix-Max Novus FP 125 Sea Planes Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 17, 2011 06:01 PM