HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:05 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Rob's RC Hobbies should be getting these in tomorrow. At least that's the plan. Rob had 1 for demo and I got to take it for a spin.

It is actually fun.

I have many different helis connected to my dx6i but this little guy will be in a case all by itself with it's TX and I plan on carrying it to work for a quick flight at break time or lunch.

James
Butters is offline Find More Posts by Butters
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:17 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
I flew one at the LHS today. It's going on my Christmas list!
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
47 Posts
I did finally get mine to work: I have a Futaba 7C and had to set up the "Heli" mode: will probably do some "Tweaking" later on:

This litttle buggers a hoot !!

Denis
knucklebutt is offline Find More Posts by knucklebutt
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:50 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
I flew one at the LHS today. It's going on my Christmas list!
I just bought one of these for my brother's Christmas present. I think he'll have fun with it.

Never heard of it until I went to my LHS today. Flew one in the store and bought it.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:24 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Went to my LHS today to get a few Ladybird QR props and a frame (I'm sure glad they carry LB parts, the frame and props were only 4.50) and as soon as Iwalked in they had a ton of the 1SQs stacked up on display. The BNF was going for 79.99 and the RTF was 99.99. I didn't get to try it because the store was really busy but I might stop by there tomorrow to check it out.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Like some others who have posted about heli-max products, I too have had some problems/issues with some of their products. But, I've also had problems/issues with other brands at times as well. I believe companies strive to put out good products, but sometimes simply miss the mark. That said, I have now had a chance to fly both the LB v2 and the 1SQ. To me they are practically the same bird. Both fly well for what they are. I decided to give Heli-Max another try and ended up with the 1SQ mostly because (for me anyway) the radio that comes with it is better than the devo 4 that comes with the LB. So far, the 1SQ is flying well with no issues. If that changes, I'll post my experience here. For now however all I need is a couple of extra batteries.
MADHAT01 is offline Find More Posts by MADHAT01
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,182 Posts
I keep putting back about 280mah after a flight?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:00 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
After trying one at H+H Hobbies.....I picked one up...Lil bugger flies great......those direct drive motors are singing away.....cool
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:04 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,148 Posts
Woot Woot, it's arrived.

Looks like I need to tone her down and play with the gyro a bit. Overcorrecting on the cyclic is causing me to crash even on 70% dual rate on a DX6i w/ anylink. Only 1 flight so far..I'm sure I'll get better.

Question - In the TX-R section the chart references endpoint settings...are these the same as travel adjust? From that I'm guessing the recomendation is to set the travel adjust for the rudder to 120%?

Need to pickup more Lipos..
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:28 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,275 Posts
I just got back from a trip and my 1SQ was waiting for me since i already had my anylink on my futaba tx, I decided to set it up on the futaba, just to try it out, and the front left motor won't spin up at all all of the other motors run fine and react correctly to the gyro....hopefully it's just a bad wire connection, unfortunately I don't know when i'll get a chace to look at it
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:51 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Come Monday Hoverboy and I will be buying this little bugger. Question is should we get the TX or use Anylink with our DX6Is?

If we buy the anylinks will they plug into the DX6i out of the package or do we need to buy more?

thanks,
James
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I just got back from a trip and my 1SQ was waiting for me since i already had my anylink on my futaba tx, I decided to set it up on the futaba, just to try it out, and the front left motor won't spin up at all all of the other motors run fine and react correctly to the gyro....hopefully it's just a bad wire connection, unfortunately I don't know when i'll get a chace to look at it
make sure the motor is not sitting to low in the frame..
I crashed mine and it stuffed one of the motors down enough to stop the prop
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Come Monday Hoverboy and I will be buying this little bugger. Question is should we get the TX or use Anylink with our DX6Is?

If we buy the anylinks will they plug into the DX6i out of the package or do we need to buy more?

thanks,
James
I have a DX6i with the anylink and bought the RTF version
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:11 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
someone else had a futaba problem i believe in post 129
here is a post me made that its working.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=138

try to pm him to see what he did to get it to work
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:30 AM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I have a DX6i with the anylink and bought the RTF version
Does the anylink work out of the package with the dx6i?