HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
Here's a new vid. Back to MultiWii. 9x4.7 carbon mix Gemfans. Still have a bit of roll shimmy, I will need to come down a bit more on roll P.

http://youtu.be/rvXnbF9LHXU
Oh yeah, now that feels like flying. Really nice!

About the Flip MultiWii -- I have one as well... it should do nice with the MPU6050 chip.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:03 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Here is the flights from this morning:

xRotor IFrame Quad Skimming Paradise (H-Quad) (3 min 56 sec)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:38 AM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
946 Posts
Looks great! The Graupners really help smooth out the video. I am jealous of the weather, its pretty cold up north here.
Scotth72 is offline Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:45 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Looks great! The Graupners really help smooth out the video. I am jealous of the weather, its pretty cold up north here.
Yeah, it is cold here too... below freezing at night.

The Graupners do smooth it out... though I feel like I have lost a little speed or power.

Other props I have been testing over the last week are the Carbon Gemfan -- those are nice and stiff too and provide a solid smooth ride without all the flex. I will be stocking those here very very soon.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:52 AM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
946 Posts
I think you need to go up a size when you switch to the Graupners. I have some 8", and I feel the loss of power. I really like the carbon mix Gemfans, can't wait to try some carbons.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Quote:
I think you need to go up a size when you switch to the Graupners. I have some 8", and I feel the loss of power. I really like the carbon mix Gemfans, can't wait to try some carbons.
Yeah, I probably should go to the 9"
When I say Carbon Gemfan -- they are the carbon mix -- they also only come in black. I should have then in the next few weeks. They are very stiff.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
946 Posts
Gotcha. That is what I am flying now. I like them. I have one that has a way out of balance hub, but the rest have been relatively easy to balance.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
but with the graupner you will get better flite time and smoother video. i got little over min more flying time.
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:38 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
but with the graupner you will get better flite time and smoother video. i got little over min more flying time.
My flight time was near the same -- I think I did get a little more. This would be partly because I think there is less amp draw.

I have been flying the Carbon filled Gemfan props for a few weeks. I think my previous video (maybe 2) were using the black carbon filled Gemfan 8045. What you get is just a stiffer ride -- they don't flex like the others. Also, the price won't be much more than the standard Gemfan.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:58 PM
More props are better than One
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
I guess I didn't notice any power loss, I am running 1100kv motors with 9x5 Graupners. 7min flight times is about the max for me on a 2200mAh.
I do run 3000mAh from time to time, 8-9 min then.

I did try out the Flip MWC board does pretty good.
I also found a different Wii GUI that I like better than the one I have been using.
Don't know if you guys are using it aready.
But if not here is the link: MultiWiiWinGUI

There are a few screen shots below.....

Here was My test flight of the Flip MWC.
Flip MWC Flight Controller 1.5 2nd Test (2 min 49 sec)
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:24 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
946 Posts
I love the Flip board. MPU6050 is a great gyro/accel chip. I do all my flying on it in one form or another. I find setting the low pass filter at 42hz to work well in the aircraft I fly. Stock gains are pretty close, too. I do bump up the D term a bit to smooth things out.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I like aggressive FFF with my 450 size quad flying FPV. I am using a DIY wm+ arduino board with an old version of the code. I am thinking about trying this board because it is small, lightweight, cheap and I can play around with autolevel again. Is this thing smooth in FFF for FPV?

I fly a 450 Hoverthings frame with:
- Stock Plush 18's
- Carbon Bird 745kv motors
- GWS 9x5x3 props
- 4S 2200 - 3000mah packs
- 1280 mhz FPV gear with Dragon Link for control.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:18 PM
More props are better than One
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
What little I have flown the board it seems real good. Have not got to try FPV with it yet. And I have not been as fast as a 4s setup. But I do believe it holds pretty good in FFF on my 3s setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I like aggressive FFF with my 450 size quad flying FPV. I am using a DIY wm+ arduino board with an old version of the code. I am thinking about trying this board because it is small, lightweight, cheap and I can play around with autolevel again. Is this thing smooth in FFF for FPV?

I fly a 450 Hoverthings frame with:
- Stock Plush 18's
- Carbon Bird 745kv motors
- GWS 9x5x3 props
- 4S 2200 - 3000mah packs
- 1280 mhz FPV gear with Dragon Link for control.
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
946 Posts
It is smooth in fff, if you know how to tune it. MultiWii 2.1 is light years ahead of the older stuff. I feel that the sensor on the flip is better than the original WMP as well, but I know some will disagree....
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:53 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,908 Posts
Quote:
It is smooth in fff, if you know how to tune it. MultiWii 2.1 is light years ahead of the older stuff. I feel that the sensor on the flip is better than the original WMP as well, but I know some will disagree....
I just think the MultiWii code is tuned best currently for the wm+ -- I think in the future however it will be tuned for the mpu6050 -- and that will probably be the new baseline.