Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Question
What to buy..

Ive had a few cheap 2 channel highwings, and a few indoor planes, Time to step it up!

So, Ive decided to get a flysky/turnigy 9x. I just cant decide what plane to buy. My budget after the transmitter is $250.

I would like to have enough speed for vertical flight with out stalling, but would also like to fly stable at slow speeds. Also the ability to do 3D. Is this "all in one" plane im thinking of even possible, or am I just dreaming? Any planes you guys can recommend?

Thanks!
Ohword is offline Find More Posts by Ohword
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
Sniper.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
After just coming from two channels, I would suguest going with something a little slower. Get a Hobbyzone Micro Champ. A ton of fun in a littl package.
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
any biplanes you guys could recommend? is this any good http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...ellow-arf.html ?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
After just coming from two channels, I would suguest going with something a little slower. Get a Hobbyzone Micro Champ. A ton of fun in a littl package.
I never said it was a good question, but the Sniper is a good answer to those requirements. Stable, unlimited vertical, low stall speed, 3D-capable. Not good for a beginner, but I've seen it used as a second trainer with good success.

There's a lot of good biplanes out there but please keep in mind that if you're stuck in the bargain basement... well, you're going to experience a lower quality level than if you spend a bit more money. And, Nitroplanes does not have a good reputation on the quality issue, or the customer service issue. If you like that plane, see if you can get the airframe only, and purchase your parts separately.

I have one of these, and it's low quality, but it flies ok... (ok means not very good by my standard)
http://jazzyflight.blogspot.com/2007...-pitts-s2.html
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Im willing to spend more, any other suggestions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I never said it was a good question, but the Sniper is a good answer to those requirements. Stable, unlimited vertical, low stall speed, 3D-capable. Not good for a beginner, but I've seen it used as a second trainer with good success.

There's a lot of good biplanes out there but please keep in mind that if you're stuck in the bargain basement... well, you're going to experience a lower quality level than if you spend a bit more money. And, Nitroplanes does not have a good reputation on the quality issue, or the customer service issue. If you like that plane, see if you can get the airframe only, and purchase your parts separately.

I have one of these, and it's low quality, but it flies ok... (ok means not very good by my standard)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post

I had one of those Art-Tech Eagles. They look nice, but I could not get it to fly on the stock power system. I have had other Art-Tech Planes that flew great out of the box though.
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
try the hawksky 4 channel,flys great,has plenty of power,and if crashed can be fixed with some glue, motor on top so any ruff landing wont tear off a prop
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy892...y-rtf-24g.html
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohword View Post
Ive had a few cheap 2 channel highwings, and a few indoor planes, Time to step it up!

So, Ive decided to get a flysky/turnigy 9x. I just cant decide what plane to buy. My budget after the transmitter is $250.
I'd recommend a box of balsa and plans. It's definitely a way to move up, and for a fraction of the cost. Then you can spend the difference on a good radio

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
Buy a 3D foamy.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
I would like to do both honestly. A nice receiver ready 3D foamy for now, and I could take my time picking out plans and building the balsa plane. So, what are some good 3D foamies? How much is a box of balsa ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
Buy a 3D foamy.

Edmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I'd recommend a box of balsa and plans. It's definitely a way to move up, and for a fraction of the cost. Then you can spend the difference on a good radio

Andy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
I've seen several guys fly Tech One epp 3d plane and they are very inexpensive and well build, but I guess only 3d plane can fit all your requirement. But it seems 3d flying is not easy to learn by yourself, it really need some experienced pilot to give instruction.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y