HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:49 AM
France
Joined Aug 2003
993 Posts
I second Mike on his experience with MKS and S-BEC. I have unregulated Life in my Needle 100, use 6 MKS servos with 6 S-BEC, and I'm very statisfied with them.
I like the idea to have a protection per servo that can save other servos, so the plane, in case of any problem on one servos.

Pierre
prondel is offline Find More Posts by prondel
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:52 AM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
maybe the same as the old model JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
I hope the new jr graupner hv servo is good. To be honest the graupner ds3288 had absolutely terrible centering.
I think the graupner ds 3288 is the Euro name for the JR ds388 we had here in North America. The first production model in North America had an issue with centering but it improved with later issues. It seemed worse with the regular voltage model. They were noisy as well.

It would be interesting to know if the new JR Graupner will be the same as the new JR we have ? The new ones are designated 181/189 in Japan. Maybe also in Oz?
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
I think the graupner ds 3288 is the Euro name for the JR ds388 we had here in North America. The first production model in North America had an issue with centering but it improved with later issues. It seemed worse with the regular voltage model. They were noisy as well.

It would be interesting to know if the new JR Graupner will be the same as the new JR we have ? The new ones are designated 181/189 in Japan. Maybe also in Oz?
I heard they had improved, but I bought some a while after the first lot, which I got when they first came out, and they were just as bad.

Yes they are very noisy as well. Otherwise it was/is a good servo with lots of power and speed and tough gears. The centring/accuracy was just amazingly bad.
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:04 AM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
Lost model to bad servo lead

My last trip to the slope I lost my Pike Giant with to a bad wire harness that shorted and drained my battery. would the S-BEC help with this kind of problem?

I have just purchased the new Spektrum DX18 transmitter that has a module for relaying battery and signal information back to the radio. These functions can be put on an alarm with tone and vibrate in the TX. Nice feature but it is hard to shoehorn another module into an F3F/F3B model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prondel View Post
I second Mike on his experience with MKS and S-BEC. I have unregulated Life in my Needle 100, use 6 MKS servos with 6 S-BEC, and I'm very statisfied with them.
I like the idea to have a protection per servo that can save other servos, so the plane, in case of any problem on one servos.

Pierre
Last edited by kdt; Sep 25, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:12 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
I am definately not interrested in Hitec as long they have tested by the F3J/B community for one season. ...Or make it two seasons... But I am very interrested in sensible hig voltage 2x Life setup - that is future!
what we need is a willing volunteer!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:16 AM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
Quote:
I heard they had improved, but I bought some a while after the first lot, which I got when they first came out, and they were just as bad.

Yes they are very noisy as well. Otherwise it was/is a good servo with lots of power and speed and tough gears. The centring/accuracy was just amazingly bad.
I think you will like the new ones. When the weather is cold it might take 30 seconds for the servos to warm up before the trims are perfect. I noticed this once when the servos were very cold. No issues with centering any more.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
Ja9
Norway, Rogaland, Tjelta
Joined Dec 2004
160 Posts
Just placed an order for new servos.
Went with JR DS 390HV for fuse and JR DS398HV for wing.
I am also waiting for a new fuselage for my Freestyler, so I will install the servos
afte the F3F season ends.
Ja9 is offline Find More Posts by Ja9
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:20 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja9 View Post
Just placed an order for new servos.
Went with JR DS 390HV for fuse and JR DS398HV for wing.
I am also waiting for a new fuselage for my Freestyler, so I will install the servos
afte the F3F season ends.
Cool. Two things:

1) I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the servos. Especially if they cured the centring issues

2) Where did you buy the servos in europe?

Thanks

Tom
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
JR RDS and conventional servo frames source?

Waiting for the JR RDS servo frames and splines to do the DS 390/398 install in my new Fosa. Can anyone tell me who supplies the ones Jiri is including with his models?

Anyone suggest the best frames with bearing output shafts for JR servos in a conventional install? I have a Needle FDS in the works. Hope there is enough room in the servo bay to fit the larger bearing frame?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
The ones that smart model sells are nice.

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...sub_cat_id=297
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
Nice stuff!

No picture or dimensions of the JR frames at their website. Do you think these will fit in the Needle FDS servo bay? Thuro says he thinks the bearing frames are not needed but the DS best speed for this model is approaching 300mph

Quote:
The ones that smart model sells are nice.

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...sub_cat_id=297
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:06 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,032 Posts
Keith,

Here is another option if space is an issue:

http://www.sloperacer.co.uk/_content...earingkits.asp
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:26 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
No picture or dimensions of the JR frames at their website. Do you think these will fit in the Needle FDS servo bay? Thuro says he thinks the bearing frames are not needed but the DS best speed for this model is approaching 300mph
I'm not sure. On the one for the s3150 the screw heads are higher than the servo. Ok near the horn but a problem near the trailing edge.

However the mounting lugs in the jr servos are below the top of the servo case though, IIRC. The 3150 doesn't have wing mounting lugs of course.

I would guess it would be okay then, but you could ask.

The slope racer kit is a bearing and works well.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:38 AM
Suomi, Lšnsi-Suomi, Uurainen
Joined Jan 2004
677 Posts
Well, so far the Turnigy A55Hs have worked very well for me and now Bluebird has a HV version:

http://www.blue-bird-model.com/en/hi.../bms-a56v.html
Harri Pihl is offline Find More Posts by Harri Pihl
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Pihl View Post
Well, so far the Turnigy A55Hs have worked very well for me and now Bluebird has a HV version:

http://www.blue-bird-model.com/en/hi.../bms-a56v.html
I have to confess I've had good experiences in general with servos made by both of those makes...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1