Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
I agree. Biden's net worth is essentially zero.
In Wiesbiden, the capital of Bidenland maybe.

J - Rental Property (residential), Wilmington, DE $100,001 - $250,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Certificates of Deposit $50,001 - $100,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Certificates of Deposit $50,001 - $100,000
S - Deferred Comp. - State of DE, Fidelity Freedom 2020 Fund $15,001 - $50,000
J - United States Senate Federal Credit Union - Savings $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
J - Wilmington Savings Fund Society $1,001 - $15,000
S - TD Bank - Checking $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Small Cap Value (formerly RYDEX SGI VT SMALL CAP VALUE) $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
S - Commonwealth of VA, 457 Deferred Comp. - Balanced Growth Fund $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Mid Cap Value (Formerly RYDEX SGI VT MID CAP VALUE) $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Mid Cap Growth (Formerly RYDEX SGI VT MID CAP GROWTH) $1,001 - $15,000
M&T Bank - Checking (Formerly Wilmington Trust) $1,001 - $15,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Checking $1,001 - $15,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Savings $1,001 - $15,000
Invesco VI Global Health Care $1,001 - $15,000
Invesco VI International Growth $1,001 - $15,000
Dreyfus IP Technology Growth $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments High Yield (Formerly Rydex SGI VT High Yield) $1,001 - $15,000
MFS VIT UTILITIES $1,001 - $15,000
Legg Mason Western Asset Variable Global High Yield Bond $1,001 - $15,000
Janus Aspen Janus Portfolio $1,001 - $15,000
Janus Aspen Enterprise $1,001 - $15,000
S - New Castle County Schools Employee FCU - Savings Less Than $1,001
S - New Castle County Schools Employee FCU - Checking Less Than $1,001
J - M&T Bank - Checking (formerly Wilmington Trust) Less Than $1,001
S - Commonwealth of VA, 401(e) Cash Match Plan - Balanced Growth Fund Less Than $1,001
Suntrust Bank - Checking Less Than $1,001
M&T Bank - Savings (Cash Account) (Formerly Wilmington Trust) Less Than $1,001
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Why all the fuss about giving to charity from someones income tax returns. If it lessens tax liability it isn't altogether altruistic and supposing someone is altruistic enough not to declare it for tax purposes. Does that somehow make him less generous?
A second point would be to whom are these charity paymenys donated. Could any of them be political in nature, or for the family's pet project or any other where doubt could lie as to the true purpose?
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Why on earth does any of this matter? It is supposed to be charity and that is between the giver and the receiver. It is literally nobody else's business and rather crass to even bring it up
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
Why all the fuss about giving to charity from someones income tax returns. If it lessens tax liability it isn't altogether altruistic and supposing someone is altruistic enough not to declare it for tax purposes. Does that somehow make him less generous?
A second point would be to whom are these charity paymenys donated. Could any of them be political in nature, or for the family's pet project or any other where doubt could lie as to the true purpose?
Like how Romney left a million or so off his return?
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Why on earth does any of this matter? It is supposed to be charity and that is between the giver and the receiver. It is literally nobody else's business and rather crass to even bring it up
So are your person finances, but evidently Romney's tax returns are "a big ******* deal" to the libs.
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:09 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Like how Romney left a million or so off his return?
I don't understand. Do your income tax forms also disclose undisclosed charitable giving
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Not paying your contributions to the German RCC has its disadvantages: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19699581
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Why on earth does any of this matter? It is supposed to be charity and that is between the giver and the receiver. It is literally nobody else's business and rather crass to even bring it up
I wish the government would stay out of the charity buisness as well.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
I'd like to know how the membership fee in a cult (tithing) equates to charity. If it were completely voluntary, they might have a point. But if you don't pay your fee, they won't let you in the clubhouse, literally.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I wish the government would stay out of the charity buisness as well.
There's that little problem of the government being required to provide for the general welfare in the Constitution.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
rcposter's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
In Wiesbiden, the capital of Bidenland maybe.

J - Rental Property (residential), Wilmington, DE $100,001 - $250,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Certificates of Deposit $50,001 - $100,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Certificates of Deposit $50,001 - $100,000
S - Deferred Comp. - State of DE, Fidelity Freedom 2020 Fund $15,001 - $50,000
J - United States Senate Federal Credit Union - Savings $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
J - Wilmington Savings Fund Society $1,001 - $15,000
S - TD Bank - Checking $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Small Cap Value (formerly RYDEX SGI VT SMALL CAP VALUE) $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
Mass Mutual Whole Life Insurance Policy $1,001 - $15,000
S - Commonwealth of VA, 457 Deferred Comp. - Balanced Growth Fund $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Mid Cap Value (Formerly RYDEX SGI VT MID CAP VALUE) $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments Mid Cap Growth (Formerly RYDEX SGI VT MID CAP GROWTH) $1,001 - $15,000
M&T Bank - Checking (Formerly Wilmington Trust) $1,001 - $15,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Checking $1,001 - $15,000
S - Wilmington Savings Fund Society - Savings $1,001 - $15,000
Invesco VI Global Health Care $1,001 - $15,000
Invesco VI International Growth $1,001 - $15,000
Dreyfus IP Technology Growth $1,001 - $15,000
Guggenheim Investments High Yield (Formerly Rydex SGI VT High Yield) $1,001 - $15,000
MFS VIT UTILITIES $1,001 - $15,000
Legg Mason Western Asset Variable Global High Yield Bond $1,001 - $15,000
Janus Aspen Janus Portfolio $1,001 - $15,000
Janus Aspen Enterprise $1,001 - $15,000
S - New Castle County Schools Employee FCU - Savings Less Than $1,001
S - New Castle County Schools Employee FCU - Checking Less Than $1,001
J - M&T Bank - Checking (formerly Wilmington Trust) Less Than $1,001
S - Commonwealth of VA, 401(e) Cash Match Plan - Balanced Growth Fund Less Than $1,001
Suntrust Bank - Checking Less Than $1,001
M&T Bank - Savings (Cash Account) (Formerly Wilmington Trust) Less Than $1,001
Uh huh. And what is the first bit of data from the source of the above? From the document titled "2012 Net Worth for Vice President Joe Biden"?

Average Net Worth: $-534,990*

Minimum Net Worth: $-1,260,972
Maximum Net Worth: $190,993

Funny how you skipped that part.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Uh huh. And what is the first bit of data from the source of the above? From the document titled "2012 Net Worth for Vice President Joe Biden"?

Average Net Worth: $-534,990*

Minimum Net Worth: $-1,260,972
Maximum Net Worth: $190,993

Funny how you skipped that part.
I hope you aren't trying to say that he owed half a million.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:49 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
rcposter's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
I hope you aren't trying to say that he owed half a million.
Actually, he owed a minimum of $745,000.

Quote:
Liabilities

J - Wilmington Savings Fund Society Mortgage on Principal Residence (Including Rental Property) $500,001 - $1,000,000

J - Wilmington Savings Fund Society Home Equity LOC $100,001 - $250,000

J - US Senate Federal Credit Union Signature Note With Monthly Payments $15,001 - $50,000

Wilmington Savings Fund Society Line of Credit $15,001 - $50,000

Sun National Bank, DE Co-Signer With Son on LOC, Renewable Every 2 Years $15,001 - $50,000

Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company Policies Bought Between 1969 and 1983 Loans Against Cash Value of Policies $15,001 - $50,000

J - Wilmington Savings Fund Society Home Equity LOC $15,001 - $50,000
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,271 Posts
ROTFL Those are not subtraction signs, those are indications of the range of his liabilities.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
rcposter's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
ROTFL Those are not subtraction signs, those are indications of the range of his liabilities.
Right. And the lowest possible total is $735,000. The max would be $1,500,000.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 29,000 a year = 69,000 a year ... a good racket is what it is. logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 21 Jul 13, 2012 08:38 PM
Cool Subway work unearths 2,000-year-old road in Greece P-51C Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Jun 26, 2012 09:09 PM
Alert Mexico's Drug War...50,000 dead in 6 years. Twizter68 Life, The Universe, and Politics 56 Jun 04, 2012 08:15 PM
Discussion Cost of Afghanistan War? = $1,000,000 Per Soldier Per Year Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Feb 19, 2010 09:00 AM
How to make 10,000 posts in 2 1/2 years on Ezone vintage1 Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Apr 01, 2005 10:47 AM