HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Hey, I lived in WV coal country for two years. I've seen what the coal companies have done to the land and people. They deserve to die!
I've seem what liberals have done to a town and it's people. I don't want them to die but getting out of the way would be nice.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
I've seem what liberals have done to a town and it's people. I don't want them to die but getting out of the way would be nice.
Are you suggesting ethnic cleansing? Hillbillies have rights, too! And by the way, they vote.
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:01 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
why the comparison? Why not just this instance? This administration was disingenuous out of the gate. I'll stipulate that President Bush did the same.
Bush did the same... and the liberal media crucified him for it... With a centrist media, Mr. Bush would not have such a hater following... Without a liberal media, Obrickhead would not be president.
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
I would say the Lybian government is on the side of the American people but not on the side of Obama on this issue.
And it is not surprising to hear you say something ridiculous like that.
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
What investigation? There is no investigation.
This is beyond ridiculous.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:42 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
Then a simple " we are still getting the facts in" would have been better and more accurate. They look foolish to everyone right now. Especially with the repeated denials of what the Libyan president said.
Denials? The person who has made errors is the Ambassador to the UN. I agree with that, and her mistake certainly ultimately lies with Obama, but I think painting the whole administration with one brush is politically motivated. Frankly, they could have tossed her under the bus, but that would have been even more vilified.

The reality is, judging by the comments in this thread, Obama will be found to be lacking on any issue, and regardless of the facts. This mostly baseless and more than four year long attack on him is obvious to most voters for what it is. That is one reason Romney will lose, everyone who isn't in a minority that never accepted Obama as president hears this minutia magnified for what it really is.

Blind partisanship. I truly believe it has backfired and coupled with no strong candidate for the Republicans who even tossed his hat in the ring, to end up with someone like Romney, will help propel Obama to an electoral landslide.

Nationally, the Republican party has no strength due to the extreme factions, which turn off moderate voters, and this just continues to get worse.

Even the tea party candidate for Senate in Indiana who unseated long time incumbent Richard Lugar is in trouble and distancing himself from the tea party which got him the primary victory.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:19 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Gaddafi and his "loyalists" stood against the Islamic maniacs now running roughshod over Libya today. I think Obama and the new Libyan government would like nothing more than to blame them. But some lies are just too absurd to utter (though we were fed them endlessly over the last 18 months).
To blame Gaddafi ''loyalists'' would be to advertise the fact that they exist, and might contribute to the picture of a ruined country which is mostly ruled by various ''militias,'' some of which are bound to be ex-Gaddafi supporters. It's far easier to blame Al Qaeda since ''everyone'' knows they are able to carry out terrorists attacks even in countries like the US. I would expect the more hawkish US politicians to agree with the Lybian ''government,'' as it can only serve to increase US public support for the ''war on terror.''

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:37 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
To blame Gaddafi ''loyalists'' would be to advertise the fact that they exist, and might contribute to the picture of a ruined country which is mostly ruled by various ''militias,'' some of which are bound to be ex-Gaddafi supporters. It's far easier to blame Al Qaeda since ''everyone'' knows they are able to carry out terrorists attacks even in countries like the US. I would expect the more hawkish US politicians to agree with the Lybian ''government,'' as it can only serve to increase US public support for the ''war on terror.''

Dusty
From what I have read, the Libyans were the ones claiming the attackers were "foreigners", which if true, isn't connected to Ghadaffii supporters and more likely to mean someone like Al Qaeda. I don't buy that there are not more than the generic Al Qaeda out there either. Some group I had never heard of immediately claimed responsibility for it, of course that has to be taken for what it is as well, likely someone trying to get their own "creds" for recruiting purposes and publicity, without having actually done it.

All this is speculation on our part and frankly, we would like the Middle east to be a simple problem, it is not and never was, never will be, ever since the west imposed their will and their own borders. The place if far more tribal than nationalistic, or even religion-centric. The Arab spring is only a beginning for what is next to come in many of those places. There will be more violence, and more unrest and uncertainty, but eventually this might be a good thing. As far as the role of the west, we need to kind of nurture from a position of being seen as helping and fair. I think this is something Stevens brought to Libya and it is why his loss is a blow both to the US and the Libyans regarding what his efforts were there. These folks in the foreign really have a thankless job and you don't hear much at all about them until one of them dies on duty. They are very dedicated to the job. You have to believe in it to do it.
Last edited by Treetop; Sep 29, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Obama Administration Scrubbing Websites clean in today's time is pretty stupid these days..it's on the Record what a bunch of Yahoo's!
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogel View Post
Obama Administration Scrubbing Websites clean in today's time is pretty stupid these days..it's on the Record what a bunch of Yahoo's!
You are convinced this attachment you provided is some sort of proof of something? That is interesting.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
From what I have read, the Libyans were the ones claiming the attackers were "foreigners", which if true, isn't connected to Ghadaffii supporters and more likely to mean someone like Al Qaeda. I don't buy that there are not more than the generic Al Qaeda out there either. Some group I had never heard of immediately claimed responsibility for it, of course that has to be taken for what it is as well, likely someone trying to get their own "creds" for recruiting purposes and publicity, without having actually done it.

All this is speculation on our part and frankly, we would like the Middle east to be a simple problem, it is not and never was, never will be, ever since the west imposed their will and their own borders. The place if far more tribal than nationalistic, or even religion-centric. The Arab spring is only a beginning for what is next to come in many of those places. There will be more violence, and more unrest and uncertainty, but eventually this might be a good thing. As far as the role of the west, we need to kind of nurture from a position of being seen as helping and fair. I think this is something Stevens brought to Libya and it is why his loss is a blow both to the US and the Libyans regarding what his efforts were there. These folks in the foreign really have a thankless job and you don't hear much at all about them until one of them dies on duty. They are very dedicated to the job. You have to believe in it to do it.
Clinton/Obama have publicly denied the central role Al Qaeda played in the Libyan rebellion from the beginning, all the while supporting them on the ground (and ultimately with hundreds of cruise missiles). I share your general skepticism about the way raising the spectre of Al Qaeda is used to manipulate public opinion, but not because I disbelieve such groups exist. To the contrary, they are very real and are largely a creation of my own government. While we don't control the every aspect of their maniacal crusading activities, we do support them when the chaos and mayhem they engender destabilizes countries which resist our hegemony or otherwise frustrate our "national interests." This has been true at least since the US and Pakistan created Al Qaeda in the mountains of Afghanistan in the 1980s, and has continued unabated ever since in theaters as far afield as the arid dunes of the Sahara and the verdant valleys of the Balkans. We flood countries with anarchy and bloodshed, then bomb those countries in our humanitarian wars. Does discord exist in these countries before our involvement? Sometimes, not enough.
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Clinton/Obama have publicly denied the central role Al Qaeda played in the Libyan rebellion from the beginning, all the while supporting them on the ground (and ultimately with hundreds of cruise missiles). I share your general skepticism about the way raising the spectre of Al Qaeda is used to manipulate public opinion, but not because I disbelieve such groups exist. To the contrary, they are very real and are largely a creation of my own government. While we don't control the every aspect of their maniacal crusading activities, we do support them when the chaos and mayhem they engender destabilizes countries which resist our hegemony or otherwise frustrate our "national interests." This has been true at least since the US and Pakistan created Al Qaeda in the mountains of Afghanistan in the 1980s, and has continued unabated ever since in theaters as far afield as the arid dunes of the Sahara and the verdant valleys of the Balkans. We flood countries with anarchy and bloodshed, then bomb those countries in our humanitarian wars. Does discord exist in these countries before our involvement? Sometimes, not enough.
How can you create something when it already existed? Extemist rebels in muslim culture goes back way futher than our support. Just because you support crazy doesn't mean you created crazy. Geez....
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
I understand that extremism existed before Al Qaeda.

Hillary Clinton : We created Al-Qaeda (1 min 35 sec)

To understand what I'm saying, consider the following. This is the transcript of another interview sec Clinton gave. She was again talking about Afghanistan, but I've changed all such references of Afghanistan to Libya:

Clinton: ...to be fair we had helped create the problem we are now fighting.

Interviewer: How?

Clinton: Because, when Gaddafi played hardball with our oil corporations, we had this brilliant idea that we were going to go to Libya and support the very mujahideen now fighting us in Iraq and Afghanistan to go after Gaddafi inside Libya. And we were successful. Gaddafi was raped, stabbed and shot, and our oil corporations are in country as we speak. Now Libya is largely controlled by these trained, armed fanatical people, creating a mess, frankly, just like we supported in Afghanistan and western Pakistan. Okay, fine. Everything is so much better. Now you look back, the people burning our embassies and murdering our diplomats, we were just supporting to end Gaddafi's possessiveness of his own country's resources.

Here is the unedited (by me) segment I altered. From 00:25

Hillary Clinton Admits the U.S. Government Created al-Qaeda (1 min 24 sec)
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Last edited by rcposter; Sep 29, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
every day something else comes out...drip, drip, drip. Now it is that the embassy was denied ample security and somebody signed off on a waiver for that security.
Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
And it is not surprising to hear you say something ridiculous like that.
Why? Obama and the Lybian government were very much at odds on their statements. It turns out the Lybians were telling the truth while Obama was lying to the American public.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492