HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
Well one things for sure, they droped the ball on 9-11 and americans including a US ambassador was murdered. But, they had no reason to lie? Maybe they were just extremly naive. Y'all can do better than that! No matter which way you try to cut it they flubbed up severely..
They did and they continue to do so. I think there were 3 major problems. They denied it was a terrorist attack and blamed it on a video. The president has yet to ever address the nation about a terrorist attack that killed americans and he reffers to it as a "bump in the road". Lastly, the president still won't say it was a terrorist attack and remains focused on this debunked video while others in his administration are telling the whole truth.

It makes him look like an obvious liar who is running from reality and can't control his message.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
why the comparison? Why not just this instance? This administration was disingenuous out of the gate. I'll stipulate that President Bush did the same.
Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
why the comparison? Why not just this instance? This administration was disingenuous out of the gate. I'll stipulate that President Bush did the same.
Well, maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. Do you think info might have been held back in order not to jeopardize the investigation?
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Why do so many keep mixing apples and oranges? The Libya attack had nothing to do with the video, but was a pre-planned 9-11 anniversary action. IMHO, not by Al Queda but by Khadaffi loyalists, although I'm sure AQ wasn't happy that the most popular person in Libya was the American ambassador!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Well, maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. Do you think info might have been held back in order not to jeopardize the investigation?
Do you mean the investigation where the FBI agents still aren't on the scene? Yeah, I'm sure that was it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Do you mean the investigation where the FBI agents still aren't on the scene? Yeah, I'm sure that was it.
Please keep in mind that the Libyan government and people are with us on this one...
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
Quote:
Then a simple " we are still getting the facts in" would have been better and more accurate. They look foolish to everyone right now. Especially with the repeated denials of what the Libyan president said.
Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Please keep in mind that the Libyan government and people are with us on this one...
Not really. Obama was at odds with them when he was blaming on the video and saying it was a protest gone bad. The Lybian government came out in opposition to Obama and said it was a planned terrorist attack and there was no protest. I would say the Lybian government is on the side of the American people but not on the side of Obama on this issue.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
They would be unlikely to publicly blame Gaddafi loyalists.
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Not really. Obama was at odds with them when he was blaming on the video and saying it was a protest gone bad. The Lybian government came out in opposition to Obama and said it was a planned terrorist attack and there was no protest. I would say the Lybian government is on the side of the American people but not on the side of Obama on this issue.
The ''Lybian government'' will be on the side of those to whom they owe their existence.
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:33 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
What investigation? There is no investigation.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
They would be unlikely to publicly blame Gaddafi loyalists.
Gaddafi and his "loyalists" stood against the Islamic maniacs now running roughshod over Libya today. I think Obama and the new Libyan government would like nothing more than to blame them. But some lies are just too absurd to utter (though we were fed them endlessly over the last 18 months).
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
No, I think the reason obama didn't tell the truth was for one reason and one reason only. And that was to try to cover his sorry butt. Didn't work in this case, makes him look very weak and out of control.
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
No, I think the reason obama didn't tell the truth was for one reason and one reason only. And that was to try to cover his sorry butt. Didn't work in this case, makes him look very weak and out of control.
Totally agree because he said they, the Muslim world would view him differently. They do, they view him as weak.

So far, the debt isn't in half, the middle east hasn't changed except for the worse, and the waters haven't started falling and the Earth isn't healing. All and all he is about "0" for every effort. He did watch the albatross of health care pass and that also is around his neck. He does get A++ in arrogance and audacity with another strong score in haughty. He was also extremely strong in killing the coal industry and taking the wind out of the sails of oil drilling both on and offshore.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Totally agree because he said they, the Muslim world would view him differently. They do, they view him as weak.

So far, the debt isn't in half, the middle east hasn't changed except for the worse, and the waters haven't started falling and the Earth isn't healing. All and all he is about "0" for every effort. He did watch the albatross of health care pass and that also is around his neck. He does get A++ in arrogance and audacity with another strong score in haughty. He was also extremely strong in killing the coal industry and taking the wind out of the sails of oil drilling both on and offshore.
Hey, I lived in WV coal country for two years. I've seen what the coal companies have done to the land and people. They deserve to die!