HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:52 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
Which version? I did a search of this thread and it works with the first version and second. I don't think anyone has tried yet with the Hero3.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:03 PM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
I spoke at some length to LHS where I got mine and they have been using it with the Hero2 as the FPV camera no problem
Asked about delay - maybe a fraction of a second - don't know how he measured that but insists its not a problem - I can get into heaps of problems in a fraction of a second
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:06 PM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Jan 2011
49 Posts
I have a gopro hero HD 1
XD
PePito_ is offline Find More Posts by PePito_
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:38 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
osd v1 and v2 are ok with gopro
i tested
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,179 Posts
Canon DSLR adapter

FYI Canon DSLRs need a special "OSD adapter" to work.

Tried Version 2 of the iOSD and it now works with a typical board camera, but not a Canon 650D. DJI are sending out a special adapter to make it compatible.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Psionic001; Nov 10, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Jan 2011
49 Posts
How do i know if im buying the v1 or the v2
PePito_ is offline Find More Posts by PePito_
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I use the same lipos to power everything. 6S, 10,000mAh. The iOSD comes with a power splitter that connects with the Zenmuse and then to the main power distribution. If you don't have a Z15 it can just connect into the main lipo. You might have slightly lower flight times, but not significantly.
Ed I am using one of these batteries to light up my LEDs and will be used for the second camera (besides Sony Nex7)... do you think that I also could connect the dji videodownlink Tx ?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I bought them here:
http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.co...ory_s/1835.htm
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Last edited by rruiz; Nov 09, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:58 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
I am not sure it makes a difference. Since you have the lipos you can try it.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
I am installing my video Tx / Rx and iOSD...

A simple question: why would be required at field flying to change Tx channels between the eight ones? It is done if the signal is not good in the current one?

Please share with me your experience

Regards

Roberto
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
GoPro Close to Compass

Do you see a problem installing the GoPro (as the second camera) close from Compass?

Thanks

I don´t want to put it at the bottom since later I will install my Z15
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
A simple question: why would be required at field flying to change Tx channels between the eight ones? It is done if the signal is not good in the current one?
Actual I would never change channels at the field. I don't like the receiver based channel switching on the vTx. It is a waste of a channel in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Do you see a problem installing the GoPro (as the second camera) close from Compass?
GoPro's have an issue with interference coming from the back of the camera. It has been noted to cause issues with GPS lock. I would be very careful and make sure that you can maintain your GPS lock after turning on the GoPro. You do not what an unexplained crash because of intermittent GPS lock. That is the reason DJI is recalling the new versions of the GPS. Loose lock, cause FOD.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Actual I would never change channels at the field. I don't like the receiver based channel switching on the vTx. It is a waste of a channel in my opinion.

GoPro's have an issue with interference coming from the back of the camera. It has been noted to cause issues with GPS lock. I would be very careful and make sure that you can maintain your GPS lock after turning on the GoPro. You do not what an unexplained crash because of intermittent GPS lock. That is the reason DJI is recalling the new versions of the GPS. Loose lock, cause FOD.
Wow Ed ... ok understood !! Thanks !!

I have read a lot of guys wanting the GP H3.. or it is just a matter of putting the camera at the bottom and to take the risk ?

Thanks

Roberto
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
FYI Canon DSLRs need a special "OSD adapter" to work.
Tried Version 2 of the iOSD and it now works with a typical board camera, but not a Canon 650D. DJI are sending out a special adapter to make it compatible.
Can you give some more information or post a photo of this adapter you are referring to. The first DJI OSD that I got a month ago did not pass the video signal from my FPV camera through it. I contacted DJI who had me send it back to the distributer that I bought it from, who had to wait until DJI sent an “updated” OSD unit to them for me. After waiting a month I finally got it yesterday and when I hooked it up today I had a similar problem. Last time there was NO video signal coming through and now the video comes through but the picture is all full of static and makes the data readout freeze and be non-responsive. As soon as I unplug the camera the data of the OSD unit comes through perfectly. When I used the same wiring to hook up a Panasonic SX200, A Panasonic GH2 and a Sony TX100V, there was no problem. The video signal came through just fine.

The FPV camera that is not working properly with the DJI OSD is this one. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=582 .

I sent a complaint about this to DJI and am awaiting their response.

Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
tkeeg, it is my understanding that DJI has produced an adaptor for other cameras. I have not received one so I cannot comment on it yet. That said, I don't know if they can guarantee that it will work with every camera on the market.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:54 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
tkeeg, it is my understanding that DJI has produced an adaptor for other cameras. I have not received one so I cannot comment on it yet. That said, I don't know if they can guarantee that it will work with every camera on the market.
Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply.

I got an answer from DJI telling me to try getting an OSD adapter from my dealer & see if that works.
I wrote them back for more information about this adapter, but so far no response.

From their initial reply I got the impression that if I want to try this adapter I will have to buy it with no guarantee that it will work.
This is not the resolution that I was looking for after spending $200.00 for the OSD unit!

I'll have to call the dealer, Atlanta Hobby, tomorrow & see what they have to say about this.

Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg