SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:34 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,811 Posts
So in the mode display, Fail Safe is not indicated? What does it display? The last mode activated or what?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
Switzerland, GR, St. Moritz
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Hi guys

I have a z15 with the NEX5 and it works great. But when i connect the iosd (MK I), the image starts flickering and changes to black & white from time to time. When i connect the iosd output to a different screen, the issue is decreasing, but still existing. It seams, that the image is a little darker with connected iosd.

Does anybody knows, what's going wrong here?

Cheers
Charly
Gbox is offline Find More Posts by Gbox
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
449 Posts
I have a dumb question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

It's about powering the iOSD. Where does the iOSD get its voltage information from - the direct battery connection or the direct WKM connection?

For example, if I power the iOSD from a separate 3S battery, will it show me the voltage of that 3S battery, or the voltage from my parallel 4S batteries that power the whole rig?

Thanks,

Tom
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:50 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,243 Posts
IOSD should not be powered separately. That's the whole point of it..., to give you flight batt info, so why would you not want to follow the instructions?

IOSD sits inline between WKM and flight battery to pick up Volts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrown1 View Post
I have a dumb question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

It's about powering the iOSD. Where does the iOSD get its voltage information from - the direct battery connection or the direct WKM connection?

For example, if I power the iOSD from a separate 3S battery, will it show me the voltage of that 3S battery, or the voltage from my parallel 4S batteries that power the whole rig?

Thanks,

Tom
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:44 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
tombrown1 has a good point.. if the PMU actually could present the data from the Main Power supply, but not overlay the data, might be then possible to feed that data in the serial bus.... after all, the OSD is getting other data from the other sensors that way?

Perhaps the PMU actually has the intelligence.. and is providing that data.. though I doubt it too.

KS
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:07 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
943 Posts
A couple new waypoint X88 videos. This time I had the Sony NEX 5R on board and shooting primary video. I was having two problems with the video link on this day and they're most likely related. One, there was a ghost image on the monitor a centimeter to the right of the primary image that I hadn't seen before and, two, the video range was far shorter than I've seen it. I tried wiggling the video TX and RX and futzing with the antennas to no avail. A project like this doesn't ever seem to be done. Still learning a lot though. Next installment with be photgrammetry testing.
X88 and DJI Groundstation w AVL 58 (5 min 36 sec)

X88 and DJI Groundstation waypoint (5 min 5 sec)

This is an 'auto land' when the voltage of the lipos gets too low. Its more of an auto-crash.
DJI WK-M 2nd Level V Protection (0 min 9 sec)
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:38 AM
Lost in the wind
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
So in the mode display, Fail Safe is not indicated? What does it display? The last mode activated or what?
Sorry about that ED, did not see this response.

right below my mode ATT, when I turn off my TX, shouldn't it say FS? at least in the assistant, is shows fail-safe, but the IOSD does not show anything. Still shows ATT with nothing below it.

does it still show if no GPS? I am testing this indoor.

KS
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:42 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,811 Posts
KS,

I will check mine as well as soon as I get home from vacation.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:46 AM
Lost in the wind
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Thanks so much ED..

KS
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:12 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
This was mine before I may have fixed the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lRlAVecuEw

Hi

you fix how, please ?

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:58 PM
Lost in the wind
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
KS,

I will check mine as well as soon as I get home from vacation.
Ed,

Just took looked at mine again, and went into the 8FG fail-safe configuration.. for some reason, it changed when I went to a 6014 from a 6208SB.. weird.. got it working now.

Thank Ed..

KS
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:20 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,811 Posts
KS good to hear! I am going to check it with my JR9503/R921 set up and see what happens.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
449 Posts
Yet another dumb question:

Here's the short version:

I'm confused about grounds. Can any and all ground wires be connected together?

Here's the long version:

I'm trying to connect iosd between my camera and an immersion vtx. I'm powering the iosd from my 4s main battery. I'm powering the vtx from a separate 3s lipo. The vtx 5v out powers the camera. (Dumb side question: should i just power the vtx from the main 4s via the iosd? I think I've read that you aren't supposed to use power from mains to power vtx). Can I connect 4 of these grounds together?

Thanks much!

Tom
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
I don't think that is a dumb question at all.
Anyone know?
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:53 PM
Lost in the wind
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrown1 View Post
Yet another dumb question:

Here's the short version:

I'm confused about grounds. Can any and all ground wires be connected together?

Here's the long version:

I'm trying to connect iosd between my camera and an immersion vtx. I'm powering the iosd from my 4s main battery. I'm powering the vtx from a separate 3s lipo. The vtx 5v out powers the camera. (Dumb side question: should i just power the vtx from the main 4s via the iosd? I think I've read that you aren't supposed to use power from mains to power vtx). Can I connect 4 of these grounds together?

Thanks much!

Tom
both of my camera have onboard battery.. NEX7 and Gopro.. so I don't take power from the 2 VTX..

But I do power both my VTX from a separate 3s. working back from my gopro, I attach only the video and ground to the dji iosd, from OSD gets power from my main 6s, but video out is only ground and video to my VTX only. My VTX has a separate power that I take from another BEC which pulls power from another 3s.

This is same from my Zenmuse on the same MC, that goes to the 2nd VTX.. which also take power from that same BEC and 3s.

I think I confused myself.. but the best I can do to help...

KS