HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:14 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,193 Posts
I saw one of these in action at the field on Sunday. It had a B&E graphics kit on it and looked like it flew very well. Nice and tumbly.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,038 Posts
They are awesome. So are the B&E Graphics. Loved everything about the plane (except the teeth on the wings...took them off, sorry).

7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:00 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,546 Posts
Added some more build details to the first post...wings are done, starting landing gear.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,038 Posts
Well, we're off to the farmland...to fly the MXS (64" and 48")...hope there are no goats asking me "whawhawhawhaaatttt"...

My son's school had a pointless field trip so I took him out to study aviation instead...he'll be studying using his 48" Extra 300 EXP. There is 0 wind right now, lakes are mirrors, should have some fun.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
Extremely Twisted
Joined Oct 2005
2,546 Posts
Nice, have fun!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Well, we're off to the farmland...to fly the MXS (64" and 48")...hope there are no goats asking me "whawhawhawhaaatttt"...

My son's school had a pointless field trip so I took him out to study aviation instead...he'll be studying using his 48" Extra 300 EXP. There is 0 wind right now, lakes are mirrors, should have some fun.
What a wonderful dad ! Those are the things he will remember when he gets older.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,038 Posts
Thanks cwojcik .

That's what I keep telling him livinma1.

We just got back. Son had to be somewhere tonight, so we left the field at about 2:40. Together we flew about 20 packs...11 for me, 8 or 9 for him.

But we had a really awesome time. Dead calm for the first half of our packs, very light wind the rest of the time. Temp in the low to mid 60s.

I hope we got all sorts of good video (but it would be good for a gopro).

I think he got me doing one of my best torque rolls ever on any plane, on the 64" MXS. I was harriering the thing around pretty good, doing figure 8s--meaning, the simulator practice with lots of torque helped--but every once in awhile I'd forget about the torque of the 16x8 prop and have to pull out of the harrier sooner than I wanted.

My son was flying lower and filming with a head mounted gopro...I haven't seen the video yet, but the kid can fly (but he usually flies so high it doesn't video well). It is an EF Extra 300 EXP he got last Christmas. (He buys most of his other planes, but he flies the Extra 300 EXP almost exclusively now). He was doing rolling descending level and ascending harriers in both directions...I can't do that.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Thanks cwojcik .

That's what I keep telling him livinma1.

We just got back. Son had to be somewhere tonight, so we left the field at about 2:40. Together we flew about 20 packs...11 for me, 8 or 9 for him.

But we had a really awesome time. Dead calm for the first half of our packs, very light wind the rest of the time. Temp in the low to mid 60s.

I hope we got all sorts of good video (but it would be good for a gopro).

I think he got me doing one of my best torque rolls ever on any plane, on the 64" MXS. I was harriering the thing around pretty good, doing figure 8s--meaning, the simulator practice with lots of torque helped--but every once in awhile I'd forget about the torque of the 16x8 prop and have to pull out of the harrier sooner than I wanted.

My son was flying lower and filming with a head mounted gopro...I haven't seen the video yet, but the kid can fly (but he usually flies so high it doesn't video well). It is an EF Extra 300 EXP he got last Christmas. (He buys most of his other planes, but he flies the Extra 300 EXP almost exclusively now). He was doing rolling descending level and ascending harriers in both directions...I can't do that.
Haha.. Great man sounds like you guys had loads of fun. Wow 20 Packs without incident.. That is a good day.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
654 Posts
I hope to see Cody fly it this weekend. I'll try to control myself and wait for the 78" version.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:09 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,067 Posts
I flew my new MXS today but the elevator servo started acting up and that's a good time to quit. We got a couple of videos first but I am too beat to edit them. Maybe tomorrow.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined May 2012
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
I saw one of these in action at the field on Sunday. It had a B&E graphics kit on it and looked like it flew very well. Nice and tumbly.

Here it is, the low speed tumbling capabitlities of this one are just awesome, as well as harriers(upright and inverted). I've only got one flight on it(we're running a 5s battery and it just isn't cutting it, so I shy away from flying it), but it's very floaty and handles really well
jmart95 is offline Find More Posts by jmart95
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
Extremely Twisted
Joined Oct 2005
2,546 Posts
Looks awesome! Yeah, this one loves power and can handle a little extra weight no problem. Once you've got it dialed in you're going to love it.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Haha.. Great man sounds like you guys had loads of fun. Wow 20 Packs without incident.. That is a good day.
Just counted...we flew 22. I don't like incidents...but I did have two. Lost a wheel pant on the 48". My son found it. Put it back on. Tightened the nut too tight. A couple of flights later, I landed, and tried to taxi it on the runway like I do in the simulator...and cracked but did not break the landing gear near the whell bolt. It's still attached but needs repair...or replacement. But I want my planes to die quietly of old age, not as spectacular as I imagine Doc Austin's planes die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I flew my new MXS today but the elevator servo started acting up and that's a good time to quit. We got a couple of videos first but I am too beat to edit them. Maybe tomorrow.
I feel the same way...got lots of video today but I don't feel like editing it. Just watched it though...had lots of fun.

I don't know what I want more...a pit crew, or a guy who wants to video and edit for me.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:08 AM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
654 Posts
In a previous life, I co-ran a community access TV channel. After working in this world for 4 years I decided that shooting and editing video, watching other people live their lives was not for me. I still have a high end Sony 3 CCD camera that is unfortanetly just before digital media so I would have to shoot on Hi8, then transfer to digital, then edit.

Kind of like the builder folks here, I learned to edit the old school way with A/B roll, switchers, effects machines, CG, and a audio panel. so I have the same feeling about the new era of digital editors that the builders feel about ARFs.

These days you can't pay me to shoot video. I do like digital still photography though.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:42 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,067 Posts
I get my eyes burned today so I went ahead and editied it all out.

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin