Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
congrats cody!

sorry to report that 1 of thouse s9070sb has locked today during flight.
during flight?

any carnage?
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
Just finished my new MXS. awesome. I'de post a photo burt it doesn't even have any decal on it yet. I may just fly it bare.

Yes. I killed my first one.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
already? damn!

building up a paypal stash for one as we speak .
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,631 Posts
sorry to hear that doc... what happened? I'm sure it was spectacular. Video?
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:00 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Just finished my new MXS. awesome. I'de post a photo burt it doesn't even have any decal on it yet. I may just fly it bare.

Yes. I killed my first one.
You mad man you!!
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Sorry to hear that DA. I don't feel so bad about stepping on my wheel pant now.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:04 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Quote:
If your comfortable hucking balsa, then so be it! Sounds like your doing well! Your progressing faster than I did! I spent one season just mastering the harrier.. Then again, the planes were NOT this good!!!!
I credit the planes, the simulator last winter, and having a son who is interested in it too. I set up a pitts model 12 with 5085 servos all around and was able to learn a lot about flying aerobatic planes with that, with enough power to get out of trouble. But having an EF plane--the pitch authority and the climb out--has saved me many times.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:04 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:
congrats cody!
Thanks!

Quote:
sorry to report that 1 of thouse s9070sb has locked today during flight.
Ugh

Hopefully mine are OK. I looked at them and took one apart and they are built really well with very stout pins, cases, and huge gears. We'll see how well they last...I think I will probably beat the ailerons pretty hard first to see if I can get one to die; you can usually land with a dead aileron. If they hold up I'll start with the hard pitch maneuvers.

I've got the wings done; unfortunately I didn't get the pictures off of my camera so I will update the thread later tonight.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:48 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
sorry to hear that doc... what happened? I'm sure it was spectacular. Video?
I was waiting for my camera guy. I only had one flight before without the tips, so I figured I would warm up and get used to it. The thing was stupid locked in. The entire flight was on rails and I felt invincible. If I had ever done a perfect flight, that one was it.

When the timer went off and I went downwind to go into a 1.5 snap to inverted, then push over the top and into an elevator landing.

Hey, I'm invincible. what could go wrong?

I am not sure what I did wrong but I snap rolled it straight into the ground. Hard.

Now, let me say right now........ It was all me. It was a 100% Doc Austin forgot how to fly moment.

It really sucked to lose that plane because I was starting to feel some magic with it. I guess I had maybe 10 flights on it and was really starting to get myself tuned in to it and knowing how to get it to stand up and bark.

I'm sure the new one will be just as good. I can't fly it until I get a flag for the nose, but outside of that it is ready. I want another day to look it over too. I opened the box at 10 am yesterday and finished the plane at about 7 pm. It was so nice outside that I opened the garage door and just emersed myself in the process, took my sweet time, and really enjoyed it. I just need to give it one serious look-over brefore I test it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
I don't want to step on or derail cody's thread, so inhstead, please consider this post just keeping the thread rolling.

Here's my new MXS. I am getting ready to head down to the LHS to get a flag for the nose and hopefully this afternoon I'll get to fly it.

The MXS kit does not come with an Extreme Flight Aerobatic team decal for the SFG. In fact, I don't believe I have ever seen one of those that was not white or yellow. I had this one left over from my B and E Graphics Laser package, and I think it looks great.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:23 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
No worries man, it looks great!
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Mark,

are you getting one soon?
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Last edited by Flazo; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
during flight?

any carnage?
lol.....no,no massacre
but incredible story was going on: it felt funny in the air and i wanted it to get closer to me.....dont know why but it happend that the extra flew over the top of my house and i couldnt see it anymore and also didnt know what position it was flying.
prepared to hear the crash, i was walking around the house and found the plane in hover position 3 meters off the ground.
easy overtake and easy landing.
still cant belive it....the plane was more than lost.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Thanks!

Ugh

Hopefully mine are OK. I looked at them and took one apart and they are built really well with very stout pins, cases, and huge gears. We'll see how well they last...I think I will probably beat the ailerons pretty hard first to see if I can get one to die; you can usually land with a dead aileron. If they hold up I'll start with the hard pitch maneuvers.

I've got the wings done; unfortunately I didn't get the pictures off of my camera so I will update the thread later tonight.
nice report of the inside!
yes, it happened at the right aileron and the extra was still flyable. actually i did one more flight after i saw the problem...
the issue is that it locks and sometimes it still moves....just to get locked at full deflection again.
seems to be a gear problem.....worked excellent for about 200 hard flight though.
will send it to futaba and see what they say
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I don't want to step on or derail cody's thread, so inhstead, please consider this post just keeping the thread rolling.

Here's my new MXS. I am getting ready to head down to the LHS to get a flag for the nose and hopefully this afternoon I'll get to fly it.

The MXS kit does not come with an Extreme Flight Aerobatic team decal for the SFG. In fact, I don't believe I have ever seen one of those that was not white or yellow. I had this one left over from my B and E Graphics Laser package, and I think it looks great.
looks good....god luck on the second one!!!!!!