HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mikeras, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Help!
ASP and Evolution Engines

I am new to building ARF nitro airplanes and I am to the point where I need to choose an engine. Which engine maker (ASP or Evolution) should I go with. ASPs as far as I see are cheaper but would it be worth is to spend a little more and get an Evolution?
mikeras is offline Find More Posts by mikeras
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
55 Posts
ASP Moters

Ihave great respect asp motors as I have a 32 ina pattern plane and have nothing but great results .
Buy cood fuel like powermaster 15% and stay away from cheap grade fuels .
your frend in flying
leroywebb is offline Find More Posts by leroywebb
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Thanks for the Advice!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
I've been flying for over 4 years, started with an OS Max, it is now a great motor but it gave me and all the guys at the club a lot of grief while we sorted it out.

I've also got a number of ASP 4 stroke motors and a 2 stroke Magnum (same as ASP). I can't fault the ASP motors, very good for the price.

I've also got 4 Saito motors. So I give all motors a chance and while the Saito and OS motors are better, they cost a lot more money and I'm happy to keep buying ASP when I'm a bit short of cash.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Servos

I think I'll be going with a .52 ASP. I have been very confused with servos as well. What kind of servo will I need for the throttle on the engine?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:45 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
You can use a micro servo for the throttle, say a hi-tech hs-55 or similar.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
thanks man!