HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman View Post
Well today was the 2nd flying session to test my new Fly Sky FS-T6 radio. The first 2 flights went fine but when I when I turned the radio on & then plugged the aircraft battery on, the elevator on the aircraft went to full down. I accidentally touched the throttle stick & that moved the elevator. What is happening here? Did I just lose the bind? Also, one of the more experienced guys in the club picked up the radio & noticed a "clunk" at the bottom of the throttle stick travel & he mentioned it seems pretty loose which I would have to agree with. Does anybody have any instructions how to tighten up the throttle stick on this radio? And what's with the elevator & throttle becoming reversed ??

- Thanks -
What is the voltage on your transmitter? are you using a 3cell lipo? if so try keeping voltage 11 volts or under. I had the same problem with MEMORY LOSS but it seemed to occur when voltage was higher than 11.1 or higher voltage? havnt had this problem now for along time?
billybob51165 is offline Find More Posts by billybob51165
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosunrise View Post
I think I encountered a similar problem a couple of days ago. When I was viewing the bars of the sticks (the "Display" function in the menu), the motor suddenly started to spin at full throttle. I swear that I didn't do anything at that point and all the screen was just not responding to any input. I can only turn it off and then back on. Fortunately, my motor was not fixed on the helicopter, otherwise, I cannot imagine what would happen!

Yesterday, I emailed with a CR at Flysky and she told me the first version of T6, which is what we bought, is immature, meaning that there could be a bunch of bugs in the software. Damn it! How could they release a product without extensive test? I cannot say for sure that what we encountered was due to the bugs but it is highly possible that there are other potential risks to use this TX.

The CR said they are now testing the new version and it will be released in the near future. The changes include both hardware and software. However, she said the changes on hardware are just different labels or names of the buttons. They will not alter the circuit design but ungrage the software instead. I hope they can release their new version soon so that we can ungrade ours just to KEEP SAFE!
What is the voltage on your transmitter? are you using a 3cell lipo? if so try keeping voltage 11 volts or under. I had the same problem with MEMORY LOSS but it seemed to occur when voltage was higher than 11.1 or higher voltage? havnt had this problem now for along time?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
I think I encountered a similar problem a couple of days ago. When I was viewing the bars of the sticks (the "Display" function in the menu), the motor suddenly started to spin at full throttle. I swear that I didn't do anything at that point and all the screen was just not responding to any input. I can only turn it off and then back on. Fortunately, my motor was not fixed on the helicopter, otherwise, I cannot imagine what would happen!

Yesterday, I emailed with a CR at Flysky and she told me the first version of T6, which is what we bought, is immature, meaning that there could be a bunch of bugs in the software. Damn it! How could they release a product without extensive test? I cannot say for sure that what we encountered was due to the bugs but it is highly possible that there are other potential risks to use this TX.

The CR said they are now testing the new version and it will be released in the near future. The changes include both hardware and software. However, she said the changes on hardware are just different labels or names of the buttons. They will not alter the circuit design but ungrage the software instead. I hope they can release their new version soon so that we can ungrade ours just to KEEP SAFE!
DONT HAVE MOTOR CONNECTED when doing display TEST! This is a screen test function, the same thing happend to me when I had my v911 heli plugged in! no harm to heli though. It will take you some time to learn more about this great lil radio, mine hasnt failed me yet except for the memory loss which only will happin after turning trans off/on, not while in use.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman View Post
Yes, it reset itself completely & lost all settings & it took me several minutes to get my plane trimmed out & now I have to do it all over again. I will rebind this one more time & do a couple more flights while I am waiting for my RMA number. the frustrating thing is that it works great up until it resets itself. What it does first is that it won't hold Mode 2, it eventually reverts back to Mode 1 on it's own (Fortunately not while I am in the air at least).
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, CT, Watertown
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
I have found a few problems with the Fly Sky FS-T6 transmitter. The first problem is when you install the eight batteries in the transmitter the battery door does not close tight and keeps falling off the transmitter unless you tape it. The next problem I have found is that channel #4 which is the rudder does not center and keeps moving to the right of center (if you go into display it shows off center). Third, if you are in display while the battery is hooked up to you airplane and press the OK button your airplane will go crazy (it kicks in all the servos and throttle and will destroy your aircraft (be very careful if you use the display). The fourth problem is the arrows are backwards on the wheel switch. If you rotate the wheel right the indicator arrow on the screen should go up instead it goes down. If you rotate the wheel left it should go down and it goes up. Fifth when you click the wheel switch to engage enter or menu it does not always work (you have to press it several times to engage it). As far as the range goes I have not had any problem with that yet. I think I am going to open a ticket with Hobbypartz about this transmitter.
joect is offline Find More Posts by joect
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob51165 View Post
I was using 8 AA batteries.
neosunrise is offline Find More Posts by neosunrise
Last edited by neosunrise; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joect View Post
I have found a few problems with the Fly Sky FS-T6 transmitter. The first problem is when you install the eight batteries in the transmitter the battery door does not close tight and keeps falling off the transmitter unless you tape it. The next problem I have found is that channel #4 which is the rudder does not center and keeps moving to the right of center (if you go into display it shows off center). Third, if you are in display while the battery is hooked up to you airplane and press the OK button your airplane will go crazy (it kicks in all the servos and throttle and will destroy your aircraft (be very careful if you use the display). The fourth problem is the arrows are backwards on the wheel switch. If you rotate the wheel right the indicator arrow on the screen should go up instead it goes down. If you rotate the wheel left it should go down and it goes up. Fifth when you click the wheel switch to engage enter or menu it does not always work (you have to press it several times to engage it). As far as the range goes I have not had any problem with that yet. I think I am going to open a ticket with Hobbypartz about this transmitter.
I would like to hear from you more about your ticket with Hobbypartz. Please keep us posted! Thanks!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:04 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I am using (8) Energizer e2 Nimh batteries & the voltage is usually around 10.6-10.8 volts, rarely do I end up over 11 volts unless the batteries are hot off the charge but I load my equipment the night before a flying session so the batteries lose some overnight so almost never am I operating above 11 volts.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, CT, Watertown
Joined Mar 2010
6 Posts
Hobbypartz is sending me an RMA# to return the transmitter.
joect is offline Find More Posts by joect
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
600 Posts
I used my radio for the first time, programmed two airplanes, range was great, two fast jets were the test subjects BUT, upon switching from one plane to the other ALL memories were cleared! UGH! Sending my radio back.
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
When did you buy this radio?
Last edited by neosunrise; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39 View Post
I used my radio for the first time, programmed two airplanes, range was great, two fast jets were the test subjects BUT, upon switching from one plane to the other ALL memories were cleared! UGH! Sending my radio back.
Does that happen everytime when you swtich the model? I mean, can you easily reproduce the problem?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
600 Posts
Quote:
Does that happen everytime when you swtich the model? I mean, can you easily reproduce the problem?
It seems to be random when selecting a new plane, they were there, and then they were gone. Not a good sign the first morning out.

I purchased about 3 weeks ago. They better refund, especially with others having the same issue.
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
This will be tricky. If they cannot reproduce the problem, will they refund you?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob51165 View Post
DONT HAVE MOTOR CONNECTED when doing display TEST! This is a screen test function, the same thing happend to me when I had my v911 heli plugged in! no harm to heli though. It will take you some time to learn more about this great lil radio, mine hasnt failed me yet except for the memory loss which only will happin after turning trans off/on, not while in use.
Chatted with a CR at Flysky today. She said the memory loss will NOT happen while in use. It may happens ONLY when you turn off the radio. Thus, ALWAYS check the settings after you turn on the radio.
Last edited by neosunrise; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:50 AM.