http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_SRA3000.html
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:01 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'll probably never need to go beyond its capability.

I can see low pass mania overtaking the normal flying at my club.

What we need next for both serious DS and fooling around is a small unit with a remote readout. Maybe with FPV remote aiming.

I know I can't build a radar rock in the middle of our field and I think a remote reading, remote aiming device would be practical anywhere.

This idea just came to me while typing, but I like it.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Where is the inspiration
Moira
Joined Feb 2006
815 Posts
If it works, it could be a good upgrade from the pocket radar.
wdeighton is offline Find More Posts by wdeighton
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,410 Posts
It might be really good! Heaps of the HK stuff is good at a fraction of the price of the real thing. If only it had a higher speed range! If it works it'd be great for the vast majority of DSers and maybe better than the pocket radar....
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:44 PM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeighton View Post
If it works, it could be a good upgrade from the pocket radar.
upgrade?
Really?

I doubt, not cause I have a pocket in my hand but cause less than 5% HK sells works.
decones is offline Find More Posts by decones
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decones View Post
upgrade?
Really?

I doubt, not cause I have a pocket in my hand but cause less than 5% HK sells works.
HK is not the best outfit for quality but they are getting better and I lot og guys I know love their batteries.

I've got one of the Fournier RF-4D's that they sell and it's not a bad plane. Could be better but it flies reasonably well and was very inexpensive.

Seriously considering the DH-88. I guess I like red airplanes

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:57 AM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
HK is not the best outfit for quality but they are getting better and I lot og guys I know love their batteries.
here is 5% I assume working
their batteries are great for 1/3 the price of TP, for F5B propouses I use Turnigy 40C series
decones is offline Find More Posts by decones
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,598 Posts
They're not a Hobby King production ... it's one of 4 guns sold by a company called
Sports Radar.
http://www.sportsradargun.com/sra3000.html

They are primarily sold for gunning speeds of baseball pitching. I did a lot of research before getting my first gun, and scratched it off the list pretty quickly. I got the impression it's in the same league as the Bushnell. I think the Pocket Radar is much better quality and works well for moderate speeds at close-ish range. It would be interesting to hear how this thing performs but I think it would be smarter to put the $100 towards a better gun.

Obviously the top notch guns (Falcon and Stalker) are expensive but there's nothing else that does the job like they do. The Prospeed has excellent pickup to a max of 310mph but the thing it lacks is a "session peak speed" recording capability which the better guns have. It's such a good feature. It's easy to forget the best speed amongst all the fun and action, but with the peak speed memory you don't have to bother. My Prospeed was supposed to do it according to the manual but it never worked for me.
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
PB of 733kph
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,514 Posts
Is 295 still the top Pocket Radar Speed?
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member