HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by flylowfast, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2009
406 Posts
Discussion
A lot of soldering

Today (Sept. 23rd 2012) I did a lot of soldering (at least for me).
In the morning I soldered several connectors together an ESC to a motor, I changed the connector of my T-28 Trojan from a Deans connector to a XT60, etc. (see the first two pictures).
The fourth item from the left is an adapter for the Turnigy 9x transmitter to be able to use a 3s LiPo (see my previous blog entry to find out why I needed that).

Unfortunately I discovered that the 4 adapters from the JST connector were wrong in the sense that I put males instead of females and vice versa.
One of the motor wires broke and also one of the wired of the 3s LiPo adapter.
I also decided to put 0.8mm bullet connectors on the motor and ESC wires to avoid other wire breaking.
So I needed to redo all of them except for the T-28 Trojan connector.

During the afternoon I did just that (see the third picture).
The bullet connectors are much more practical, mechanically solid and they are also light enough that they can be used with this motor and ESC (which will go into a 50-100g plane).
flylowfast is offline Find More Posts by flylowfast
to remove ads between posts