HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
260 Posts
Discussion
Bearing Replacement (DJI 2212, but it's a general question)

Some time ago I got an ARF set for a F330 from DJI. No issues at all, but I crashed a total of 3 times and once an arm broke when hitting a tree.
Since then once motor makes a "tock" sound when turning. Once per rotation.
Flying is no problem, so I successfully ignored this for months as otherwise there's no problem, e.g. the shaft is not bent, the motor does not get warmer than the other ones, so it's not a fatal issue.

However I suspect the bearing has a problem. Or the motor bell. So I need to probably disassemble the motor and change the bearing (which I have).

What tools do I need to do this?

simatool - Ball Bearing Puller BP 61 (2 min 47 sec)
looks nice, but oversized (of course). Are there tools for this work for motors like 2212 size (smaller/larger too, the typical RC size).
And how do I push them back into place?

And related, where to get the circlip and tools as most shafts use those and any bearing replacements will affect the shafts and those clips too?
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:03 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
260 Posts
Answering my own question

I cannot delete this posting of mine above.

After 10 more minutes google'ing (i searched a lot, but as so often, once you ask, you find the solution yourself in 10 minutes) I found
this video which showed a lack of hydraulic tools needed, that tool which might be useful or not, and this tool and that is how to use it.
Does not explain how to remove an e-clip but according to this video a flathead screw driver does the job. Might break the c/e clip though.

I could not find anything specific to the DJI 2212 motor though...

This while bearing thing seems to be more a problem for driving than for flying objects, so I'll search in those RCgroups forum a bit more
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota
Last edited by Hkubota; Sep 22, 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Forgot half a sentence