HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
New addtion to the hangar!!! UMX Beast...

Hi all!

Well, I recently added a UMX Beast (w/AST3X) to the hangar! (Thanks to Remi and Shelley for their gift - they bought one of my micro champs, and then got me a UMX beast in lieu! You two rock!

As with all my foamy planes, I used 1:1 Weldbond glue:water (~40-50% diluted) to cover ALL surfaces except the hinges. This tightens up the pores of the foam and adds a sort of plastic coating on the surfaces to strengthen them - yes it adds about 0.3g of weight, but it's worth it!!!

I added some Dubro 1" microlite wheels to replace the stock gear and used two plastic ends from my Dubro 1/2" tail wheel kit, and placed the 1/2" Dubro tail wheel in place of the stock foamy wheel as well. The 1" wheels weigh in at around 0.6g heavier than the stock pants/wheels, but are nicer, and fit on the gear shaft perfectly!!!

I have yet to maiden: I ordered some 260mAh Turnigy Nanotech 2S 20C batteries from HK, and they won't be here for around 10 days. So, I opted to run 2x1S 160mAh batts (Turnigy Nanotechs) in series with a custom harness. I also replaced the custom E-Flite plug on the plane with a Deans micro 3-pin connector instead. This way, I can run whatever good batteries I want, and just add the female on the batteries. About the same size as the stock plugs. Easier to uncouple, and work superbly!!!

Below are some pixs of the new plane, ready to fly! I should be able to try it out later today!!! Can't wait! Bound to the DX6i, FYI...

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is online now Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Sep 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts