SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2005, 11:44 PM
Joined Nov 2004
32 Posts
I thought about 2 cells also, how would I go about that, using the same approach as the duel wire feed to the EDF’s?

Two cells, that would add more weight
StrikeZone is offline Find More Posts by StrikeZone
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2005, 11:30 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
any good flights yet ???? Ours never flew worth (your word here)!!! Control surfaces???
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old May 21, 2005, 11:23 AM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeZone
I thought about 2 cells also, how would I go about that, using the same approach as the duel wire feed to the EDF’s?

Two cells, that would add more weight
Not sure I understand the question? I'm using One 2s1p battery pack through one ESC, motors wired parallel.

Still thinking about control options- probably A/E with pull-pull.
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old May 22, 2005, 12:00 AM
Joined Nov 2004
32 Posts
2 cells

In other words If have 2 GWS Ni-MH 750mAh 9.6v, one each to power the set of twin GWS EDF55-150. How would I go about doing that.

My control options will be as the B-2 by GWS.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:24 AM
Joined Nov 2004
32 Posts
I am only using the aileron for Flight control and the no elevator on the rear horizontal stabilizer, it’s already at a 45*. Tested this out on a small model size no aileron control surfaces, the rear horizontal stabilizer (elevator) set at 45* caused the plane to pitch up and loop. When I sling shot the model foamy. Then I added the Aileron on the wings to control the pitch & flew stable. I did a short taxi run on the larger size, it flew off the ground about 1.5ft in the air then it pitch right a little, before I droped the power. It's ready for flight.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:36 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeZone
In other words If have 2 GWS Ni-MH 750mAh 9.6v, one each to power the set of twin GWS EDF55-150. How would I go about doing that.

My control options will be as the B-2 by GWS.
Two batteries, two motors...

Make sure the esc is enough to handle the needs of both motors. What ever you use for a single, double it.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2005, 12:46 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
any good flights yet ???? Ours never flew worth (your word here)!!! Control surfaces???
I used 1.25 inch aierons and the elevator was 2 inches of the back between the stabs.

It has not flown well either...

I am taking a new approach to the problem this year... I am cuttting it out of EPP, Spar it in flat carbon and using twin johnsons and LiPos... drop the weight, increase the power.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2005, 04:00 PM
Wheaton, IL
Joined Nov 2004
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworksrc
I am going to look around to see if there is any text for CG calculation of the diamond... I gave it my best shot and it looks like I am off a good 2 inches.
Skunk, here's a good thread on measuring CG: See post #7.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359277

Lenn
LRHann is offline Find More Posts by LRHann
Old Jul 07, 2005, 09:12 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,161 Posts
Skunk , I think you're gonna' have to use the ailerons and V-tail ... the elevator between the fins didn't work well for us on our profile .... tried everything else .... the A/VT seems to be the correct way to go ..... especially since nothing else worked .... Good Luck !!!
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
Crash and learn!
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
vt set-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Skunk , I think you're gonna' have to use the ailerons and V-tail ... the elevator between the fins didn't work well for us on our profile .... tried everything else .... the A/VT seems to be the correct way to go ..... especially since nothing else worked .... Good Luck !!!

This could be my plane. Its the same set-up I have on mine. One thing I have thought about is not splitting/hinging the V-tail control surfaces. One day I will use all of the control surface and pivot it with a dowel.
sixnone is offline Find More Posts by sixnone