Closed Thread
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Warner View Post
When I gave my examples of a balsa sheeted foam wing, I was using white 1 pound expanded polystyrene foam, not 2 pound extruded foam. You might reconsider the guessed weight to be closer to 20-25 square inches per ounce at this scale... maybe even less (I haven't put the numbers to a calculator yet). The foam has a way of adding a lot of weight as scale increases, due to higher ratio of extra internal cubic fill-space as square inches increase. You might be better off using a hollowed out core instead of a solid core.

Okey doke All it would mean is an extra cut

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:00 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,451 Posts
One last question, then I'll do my best to ignore this thread:

In the photos you've posted on the airliner forum, it appears that your available living and work space is a smallish bedroom.

We all want to know: Given the enormous size of the craft you're telling us you're going to really build without fail this time (which you assure us won't turn out to be pure smoke like the two 12-foot-wingspan Antonov 225s project you worked us with a few months ago), exactly where will you do the work? Do you have a work space available that we haven't seen a shot of? Can you post a shot of this space and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it really is available to you, and it is where you will construct this gigantic, impossibly complex bird you are going on about in such detail?
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
One last question, then I'll do my best to ignore this thread:

In the photos you've posted on the airliner forum, it appears that your available living and work space is a smallish bedroom.

We all want to know: Given the enormous size of the craft you're telling us you're going to really build without fail this time (which you assure us won't turn out to be pure smoke like the two 12-foot-wingspan Antonov 225s project you worked us with a few months ago), exactly where will you do the work? Do you have a work space available that we haven't seen a shot of? Can you post a shot of this space and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it really is available to you, and it is where you will construct this gigantic, impossibly complex bird you are going on about in such detail?
In my Shed... That's getting delivered on monday...

K
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies View Post
In my Shed... That's getting delivered on monday...

K
Great. Looking forward to seeing photos of it, with some sort of proof that it really is adjacent somehow to where you live, and not just a shot of some random structure in your neighborhood.

But I'm sure you'll have no trouble clearing up any doubts we may have about it.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Hey I've got a friend, he's the Prince of Nigeria and he says if I help him transfer some funds to the US he'll give me $2.5 million dollars. So if you need any help ordering all those parts from hobby king let me know... glad to help!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Hey I've got a friend, he's the Prince of Nigeria and he says if I help him transfer some funds to the US he'll give me $2.5 million dollars. So if you need any help ordering all those parts from hobby king let me know... glad to help!

Joker..
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Joker..
Dang, you guessed my name... The Witness Protection people are not going to be happy they have to change my name again... Oy.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Lol fallingdown Please try to stay on topic Thanks
BTW Depronicus ... you are a good contributor to this Thread when you are not Claiming i have mental health issues .. So no you dont have to ignore the thread At all

K

(The Delivery of the Shed may be Pushed Back Due to the Fact we are Having Fake Grass Laid down In the Back Garden Soon)
Last edited by Keenan smith; Sep 27, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Please stay serious. He does not need the money of your Prince since he just won the lottery: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=15 (underage gambling is encouraged in the UK)

Good luck with this new Project of yours K. I Hope you'll convince your detractors with deeds.

p.S.: Oh, and since you are swimming in money. Please buy a CAMERA!
chochmah is offline Find More Posts by chochmah
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blohm und Voss BV P.144
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
I am on topic. The real topic... wink wink.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chochmah View Post
Please stay serious. He does not need the money of your Prince since he just won the lottery: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=15 (underage gambling is encouraged in the UK)

Good luck with this new Project of yours K. I Hope you'll convince your detractors with deeds.

p.S.: Oh, and since you are swimming in money. Please buy a CAMERA!

I Will Do so Tommorow..
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,451 Posts
Quote:
...(The Delivery of the Shed may be Pushed Back Due to the Fact we are Having Fake Grass Laid down In the Back Garden Soon)
http://instantrimshot.com/
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
3DDF, this is cool. But I can't help to see that this project as being a possible threat to humanity. No one besides RC pilots cares about RCGroups, but what would happen if someone from the FBI came across this thread?

Do you really live in London by the way? Something shows that you are not from London.

Anyways, I wish you well.
Eli Lipschitz is offline Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
yeah i live in london yes....
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
austria
Joined Aug 2004
106 Posts
Hi K,
do you know the orignal airfoil of the plane?

Regards
Herbert
fly-bert is offline Find More Posts by fly-bert
Closed Thread