Closed Thread
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:40 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post
Its FPV, not RPV The FAA won't have jurisdiction over you, you're in GB, no?

Let me tell you from this point, while its good to plan ahead, you're looking way to far into the future. First focus on designing it, then build it, if you're planning for all of these things you are bound to get sidetracked.

IMO, (not that I've tried it) Joystick flying is overrated unless you have a full cockpit setup. Ardupilot is abit weak as well.

Now, for a few questions:
What are you building it out of?
Are you going to get the cross-sections lasered or milled?
Are you going to be glassing it?
What radio are you running? (just curious)

Again, don't even think about FPV yet, it can be difficult to learn about (most people would consider it alot to take in), and you'll likely get more interested in that and loose sight of this project.
its going to be a composite Fuse with ply Re-enforcement (im carving a plug to mould it soon)

Im Upgrading to a hitec A9.. As said earlier this year..

And im already into FPV and have been for a while now..

im outta FAA jurisdiction ? Awesome! Go GB!

oh and cross sections will be CNC Milled

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:23 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,466 Posts
Censored.
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Last edited by Depronicus; Sep 28, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
and depronicus reported me..
Last edited by Keenan smith; Sep 25, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:12 AM
RC = Empty wallet
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2005
356 Posts
Hi 3DDF,

What kind of FPV experience do you have? What type of FPV plane are you flying and what sort of gear are you using?
InvalidUsername is online now Find More Posts by InvalidUsername
Last edited by InvalidUsername; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
S-u-A, UK.
Joined Jan 2003
769 Posts
A plane that large and using an APM? You really will be prodding the hornets nest with this one - if you think the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) won't be paying a visit with some big pointy sticks, you're mistaken. Something that big under an autopilot with the range you are specifying will no way be insured under your BMFA cover (you are insured, right...?). God help you and our hobby if something like this gets in the press.

But then I read Depronicus' links, and realised that this is never going to see the light of day anyway.
awmeade is offline Find More Posts by awmeade
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:51 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,156 Posts
The capitalisation was just a tiny clue. Sad case... almost
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:15 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Hi 3DDF,

What kind of FPV experience do you have? What type of FPV plane are you flying and what sort of gear are you using?
Ive had about 10-15 flights on an FPV zagi
i was using 5.8 gHz Gear a 500mw Tx
K
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:20 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awmeade View Post
A plane that large and using an APM? You really will be prodding the hornets nest with this one - if you think the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) won't be paying a visit with some big pointy sticks, you're mistaken. Something that big under an autopilot with the range you are specifying will no way be insured under your BMFA cover (you are insured, right...?). God help you and our hobby if something like this gets in the press.

But then I read Depronicus' links, and realised that this is never going to see the light of day anyway.
Well look like this'll just be an FPV model then..
yes i am Covered by the BMFA
And it will see the light of Day everybody Just you watch..

K
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,156 Posts
What a legend
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott View Post
The capitalisation was just a tiny clue. Sad case... almost
Tiny clue to what ?

K

Now can you please stay on topic please!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:25 AM View Post
Keenan smith
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jun 2011
1,058 Posts
I find it hard to believe this thing will get built for 1k in any denomination. Good luck with the 3-4 hour loiter time. That'll cost you 1k just in batteries alone. Just the same hope it all works out for you but like some other respected members on here I'm not holding my breath.
tsymonds is online now Find More Posts by tsymonds
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Yeah....I'm out...I'll be looking out for pictures. PM me if you need anything K.
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:12 AM
Moss, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
435 Posts
3DDFHobbies,
I encourage you to continue writing this and any other thread you start.
It is great entertainment, thank you for your efforts.

To the rest of you guys,it's clearly all a joke. (Depronicus mentioned this earlier, but to my big surprise I now see that the Moderator has removed HIS post. Funny world.)
My first thought when I started reading this thread was "Wow, this guy is totally clueless."
But the more I read the more I realize that he is not. He must know a lot about this topic, because he repeatedly and consistently throws out ideas that are totally meaningless in the real world. But if he was clueless, he would not understand that the ideas were meaningless, and would not be able to hit with such precision. All credit to him for that.
Magne is offline Find More Posts by Magne
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies View Post
Oh don't worry this project will take to the skies! and ill do it by september next year Just to shove it up Depronicus's A... (if you read his post history on my threads he has been Trolling me (provocation) and others ...

for the past year and i have had enough so if anybody is mentally challanged its him as it seems he put others down to make himself fell better

K
Wow. This is pretty much what you said about me too! No one is trying to put you down, just that you're taking everyone on this forum for a mug and you're finally being caught out and trying to make out everyone else are the bad ones.

With regards to the size of this model and the BMFA, you will be covered but only to an extent. There are specifics relating to models over 7kg, such as you needing to hold a 'B' certificate, not taking off or landing from an area with public access, unless marshalled during the flight, having a proper working failsafe fitted. There are also restrictions as to the airspace permitted to fly in and are subject to the ANO, ATC and CAA.
You might want to have a good read through the members handbook.

Though it's likely none of this is relevant as this project will never get that far of the drawing board.
abroadhurst94 is offline Find More Posts by abroadhurst94
Closed Thread