Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:41 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies View Post
...and Quite obviously i was Reported by Depronicus
Nope, it wasn't me. If there's a way to check on this sort of thing, go right ahead.

Two of my posts were squelched. I can't imagine who would've clicked on the "Report" button.

But that's all part of the routine, of course, so no hard feelings. I get it.
Depronicus is online now Find More Posts by Depronicus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:00 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
...some kind of fraud or criminal...
Not at all. I'm thinking now he's an effective comedian.

How many posts have we seen commenting on the entertainment being provided? How many posters have said that following his threads is fun?

Adam Sandler has never made me laugh. I've endured two of his lame movies, and seen many clips. He has never made me crack a smile.

Keenan, on the other hand, has had me laughing so hard I've had to take off my glasses and grab a tissue. He's made me shed tears of laughter. It took me a while to catch on, but viewed in this context everything makes perfect sense now.

He's even come right out and said it:

We do now.

Please stay in character and carry on!
Depronicus is online now Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:59 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Head View Post
Welcome, Air Head.
[Log Out] You last visited: Today at 01:32 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 33.
My RCGroups Blogs Classifieds Clubs Forums Maps Regions Topics Search
Major Topics
All
Aircraft
Boats
Cars
Aircraft
Airplanes - Electric
Airplanes - Fuel
Airplanes - Sailplanes
Helis - Electric
Helis - Fuel
Jets - Electric
Jets - Fuel
Other Topics
Articles
Exotic Aircraft
Off Topic Discussion
Related Hobbies
Support
Video Gallery
Vendors

Find New Posts
All Forums
Subscribed Forums
Unanswered Threads

Show Posts Show Threads
Advanced Search
Tools
Forum Spy
Mark Forums Read

Go to Page...

Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes Giant Electric Planes Build Log (5.2m) 205" MQ-9 Reaper RPV / FPV and UAV

Page 8 of 8 « First < Prev 4 5 6 7 8

Yesterday, 01:00 AM #106 Report
abroadhurst94
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
403 Posts -edit-
Double post

Yesterday, 07:07 AM #107 Report
3DDFHobbies
Registered UserUK, Greater London, Hackney
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadhurst94
I know I said with models under 7kg's, the pilot doesn't need to hold a valid 'B' certificate, but please consider taking the certificate tests with a model this size.
I know I'd be scared as hell to be anywhere near a model like this unless I knew the pilot was fully competent, which is what the tests and certification shows.
Especially when the only video of you flying something, ended with a crash on take off!

Then again, there's no point taking the tests for a model that will likely never see the light of day..

New Rule for this Thread.. if you dont have anything good to say then dont Post! (Refering to other With posts that have no validd points , not refering to alex's post)

now for God sake back on topic

Yesterday, 07:30 AM #108 Report
alfa166
100% crasherSverige, Skåne Län, Hässleholm
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts Hello K!

once you have figured out all the bottlenecks of this builD and got it flying; could there be a "kit" out of this model minus hardwAre(motor/servos etc etc)
building the first means you will have to make cutting of the different parts plus making the moulds (many steps in your fabrication is well over my level- better leave that to guys who nows- like you!, also my living is puttiNg a firm stop to a build like this- no space!!)

i have time to wait for a kit if There will be, only proBlem is transportation- just got a smart, but hey!! everything goes with the right spirit and a little afterthought.

//jJ

Yesterday, 07:39 AM #109 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa166
Hello K!

once you have figured out all the bottlenecks of this builD and got it flying; could there be a "kit" out of this model minus hardwAre(motor/servos etc etc)
building the first means you will have to make cutting of the different parts plus making the moulds (many steps in your fabrication is well over my level- better leave that to guys who nows- like you!, also my living is puttiNg a firm stop to a build like this- no space!!)

i have time to wait for a kit if There will be, only proBlem is transportation- just got a smart, but hey!! everything goes with the right spirit and a little afterthought.

//jJ

Sure!..just got to get this thing Done First

Yesterday, 08:06 AM #110 Report
Eli Lipschitz
אָלֶף־בֵּית עִבְרִי‎‎
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts 3DDF, this thread is not moderatred by you. So no threats on thread rules or anything of that sort.

You need to make it clearer what your intentions are other than making a cool thread, playing with CAD, and maybe impressing girls by saying you "own" a military UAV.

Also without exotic materials, you will have a tough time flying with electric power. Just so you know, 3-4 hours on electric power is a pipe dream. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to help.

To repeat, please state your intentions. I asked before in another post, and asked above. You seem to want to avoid the issue.

Yesterday, 09:03 AM #111 Report
fallingdown
Registered UserUnited States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
160 Posts New Rule #2 You must click your heals and say "There's no place like home" and then go into your attic and say "Beatlejuice, beatlejuice, beatlejuice."

Btw, have you guys seen the new Mclaren P1?? Totally sick!

http://www.gizmag.com/mclaren-p1-det...ictures/24335/

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 60KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 64KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 72KB.

Yesterday, 09:20 AM #112 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Well my intentions have changed now being because of all the Flight restrictions associtated with a model of this size
my intentions are
a 5-10minute flight time at Close Range and the Possibility of a 30min flight time For some FPV flying at the ilse of man... (pretty much deserted So i can FLy Low... And View Rare seabirds and Seals and such)

K

Yesterday, 11:02 AM #113 Report
alfa166
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies
Sure!..just got to get this thing Done First

nice!!, i'm not goinG to do anything else than flying it (no uav/ fpv junK), currently i'm working on a huge drivetrain (10 speed 400 brushed motors in a planetary gearbox) that might be up to the job of hauling such beast in to the air.
as for my skills of building and store sUch huge aircraft i will have to extend my house (200 square meters and a family is not enough!!), building a beast like this with all the Skill it requires is over my top- vacum molding, carbon fibeR etc etc is more than i can handle (cutting and glueing balsa plus some depron to max sixe planes of 2mEter span is what iv'e done so far)

//jJ

Yesterday, 12:26 PM #114 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown
New Rule #2 You must click your heals and say "There's no place like home" and then go into your attic and say "Beatlejuice, beatlejuice, beatlejuice."

Btw, have you guys seen the new Mclaren P1?? Totally sick!

http://www.gizmag.com/mclaren-p1-det...ictures/24335/

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 60KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 64KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x577 and weights 72KB.

cool Car! But off Topic!

Yesterday, 12:27 PM #115 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
nice!!, i'm not goinG to do anything else than flying it (no uav/ fpv junK), currently i'm working on a huge drivetrain (10 speed 400 brushed motors in a planetary gearbox) that might be up to the job of hauling such beast in to the air.
as for my skills of building and store sUch huge aircraft i will have to extend my house (200 square meters and a family is not enough!!), building a beast like this with all the Skill it requires is over my top- vacum molding, carbon fibeR etc etc is more than i can handle (cutting and glueing balsa plus some depron to max sixe planes of 2mEter span is what iv'e done so far)

//jJ

Wow thats quite some Drivetrain!

Yesterday, 08:03 PM #116 Report
Air Head
Registered UserJoined Jan 2005
1,838 Posts Perhaps you could manage the first thread,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this seems to be a bit unrealistic.

9 gram servos - are you serious?

6 hours flight time with the additional flight pack.

Is this all a joke? Its not April 1st

The payload bay of the Reaper is sized to carry an 10,000 MAh of Lipo's
a second Video Tx and secondary Rx (to pan and Tilt the cameras) and a GPS/OSD with Pitot tube
alongside a BEC and 2200mah 2s Lipo

I have attached

Though i will need some advice for servo's and the Motor
Servo wise i was thinking some 9g digi Metal gear (good enough or do i need more Grunt ?)

Motor wise i need something to swing a 3 blade 19x4 or 19x6 prop on 4-6 cells for long sustained periods of time

any ideas?

P.s im looking for around 3-4 hours of loiter time initially (6 hours with the Aditional Flight Pack in the Payload bay )
Would 20,000 Mah be Sufficient ?

Today, 04:07 AM #117 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Head
this seems to be a bit unrealistic.

9 gram servos - are you serious?

6 hours flight time with the additional flight pack.

Is this all a joke? Its not April 1st

The payload bay of the Reaper is sized to carry an 10,000 MAh of Lipo's
a second Video Tx and secondary Rx (to pan and Tilt the cameras) and a GPS/OSD with Pitot tube
alongside a BEC and 2200mah 2s Lipo

I have attached

Though i will need some advice for servo's and the Motor
Servo wise i was thinking some 9g digi Metal gear (good enough or do i need more Grunt ?)

Motor wise i need something to swing a 3 blade 19x4 or 19x6 prop on 4-6 cells for long sustained periods of time

any ideas?

P.s im looking for around 3-4 hours of loiter time initially (6 hours with the Aditional Flight Pack in the Payload bay )
Would 20,000 Mah be Sufficient ?

Sorry i meant 19g Thanks for Spitting my error though
and if youo read my post the objectives have changed
and BTW the 2200 2s is to run the BEC..

Today, 09:03 AM #118 Report
alfa166
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts regarding servos:
a rule of thumb is as follows: you need servo power equall to the weight of the plane!
so, if your plabe will weigh 10 kg- you need servo power close to 10 kg or slightly less (but for an aircraft this big I for my self would use belt and braces and not go under 10 Kg servos on any controll surface)
also remember that servo force is measured very close to the output shaft (minimal lever= high power)

so I dont really understand you when u say u will use 19g servos- best you would get is 2.5 Kg or so in force, but I think you have been calculating the dynamic loads generated on the controll surfaces and coming up with that 19g servos would do the job?

for the reinforcements with glassfiber/carbon fiber- have there been any stress analysis done so that u now where it might be needed to put this? in order to save weight i would not just put "something" just to say that it's a fiberglass fuse/ wing.

//jj

Today, 10:59 AM #119 Report
3DDFHobbies
Joined Dec 2010
5,259 Posts Quote:
regarding servos:
a rule of thumb is as follows: you need servo power equall to the weight of the plane!
so, if your plabe will weigh 10 kg- you need servo power close to 10 kg or slightly less (but for an aircraft this big I for my self would use belt and braces and not go under 10 Kg servos on any controll surface)
also remember that servo force is measured very close to the output shaft (minimal lever= high power)

so I dont really understand you when u say u will use 19g servos- best you would get is 2.5 Kg or so in force, but I think you have been calculating the dynamic loads generated on the controll surfaces and coming up with that 19g servos would do the job?

for the reinforcements with glassfiber/carbon fiber- have there been any stress analysis done so that u now where it might be needed to put this? in order to save weight i would not just put "something" just to say that it's a fiberglass fuse/ wing.

//jj

i was going to use 19g Digital metal geared Hi-voltage servos with 3.5KG of tourque.. .and yes i have calculated the load.. and it it Within the Planned servos specs..

also i dont quite Get the second part and if you could re-phrase tha would be Great!

Today, 12:35 PM #120Report
Air Head
Registered UserJoined Jan 2005
1,838 Posts Why does everyone need to copy the entire previous posts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of duplicate car photos here. Id think a reference would be understood.

Need to get out of here - this seems to be a joke to me.

19 gram servos - well thats 10 more grams than the 9's.

What sort of math are you using to calculate the servo requirements? I just cant connect the dots.
Last edited by Air Head; Today at 02:14 PM.

Page 8 of 8 « First < Prev 4 5 6 7 8

Return to Giant Electric Planes

DRIVE / FLY / SUPPORT

RCGroups Message

Cancel Changes

Quick Reply
The following errors occurred with your submission

Okay

Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait

Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread