HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by phranticness, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, CA, Lower Lake
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
For Sale
Gens Ace 6s 3300 & 1300 Zippy 6S 5000 Zippy 6s 2650

I'm cleaning up some of my batteries. I can only ship to the US. Price includes paypal fees, shipping is not included unless stated in the price. I live in CA, 95457 if you want to make yourself a quote.

2 X Gens Ace 3300 6S 25c - If you haven't used Gens Ace packs yet, you're in for a treat, they are excellent. I picked up 4 of these from a Helifreak member about 4 months ago. They were used in a 600EFl and are matched sets. I'm selling two packs or one set. The honest truth is I don't know how many cycles they have on them. I've personally put about 10 cycles, I could look up what the previous owner told me, I think he quoted 50. They both have a pack IR of about 50. They have Velcro adhesive residue on them so they look "dirty" on the outside. They don't look cosmetically great, but the cells are great, no puffing, these are excellent batteries. (can be charged at 5c, I typically charged at 3c) 4mm banana connector and JSTXH balance $90 for the pair DELIVERED

2 X Zippy Flightmax 5000 6s 20c - I bought these new when I put together my 700 trex. I've been gentle with them, I keep my timer the same with these as I do with my 4000mah packs, so these always come down with about 30-40% remaining. They were used as a set, I've only put about 20 flights on the set. I found I preferred lighter batteries with the 700. I charged at 2c. They Aren't puffy, but they don't feel like a rock either, when you push in the sides they'll deflect about 1mm. I don't remember what the IR was, I can check them if you'd like. They fly well, I don't feel the voltage sag in flight, they're still strong batteries. 4mm banana connector and JSTXH balance. $80 for the pair DELIVERED

1 x Zippy Flightmax 2650 6s 45c - I bought this new about a year ago for a 500 trex. I put many flights on this pack, I'd venture to guess around 80 cycles, it's well used. I always charged at 1c or 2c. This Pack isn't all swollen, but it too is not like a rock, when the sides are pushed in it deflects about 1.5mm. I think the IR on this was around 70 for the pack. Deans connector - When I fly this battery I can feel the voltage sag some - $22.50 (USPS priority Shipping $4.99)

2x Gens Ace 1300 6s 25c - I bought these a few months ago for a 6S 450 Pro trex. These were made by a RCG member, taking two 1300 3s packs to make a 6s pack. They worked well, the IR is around 70 if I remember right, I'm not sure on the cycles. I've probably put at least 10 cycles on each pack. These have some puff, but they work well. Deans and JSTxh for 6s balance tap. $15 each 6s pack. $4.99 for USPS Priority

You can text me at (707) Three Five Oh - Seven Seven Five Five - Steve
phranticness is offline Find More Posts by phranticness
Last edited by phranticness; Sep 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
can i get a quote on both 1300mah 6s packs please?

30248 zip
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Edit - I thought shipping priority was prohibited. It appears that a max of 3 batteries can be shipped on one box. I can ship a Small flat rate box for $5.10, A padded Flat rate envelope for $4.99, A regional Flat rate box depending on location $5.10 to $9.95 (I'm on the west coast, it's gets more expensive the further east)

I want to double check with my post master that it's ok to ship these, but if so, I will off those shipping solutions.
Last edited by phranticness; Sep 23, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,735 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Change was in shipping internationally... shipping domestically is still fine
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
Trader Rating: 665
Yep, the USPS limitation is just international. Take a look here if you'd like to confirm
Link: http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...l/updt_004.htm
Happy selling and flat rate boxing!
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Thanks for the information Josh. What I get from that is international shipments are banned.

But, If you read further down the DMM you'll see that it's prohibited to ship by air, rechargeable lipo batteries without the device they operate. Surface shipping is acceptable.

I've attached the specific graph from the link you provided

I ship using USPS for a living, I appreciate that it's extremely unlikely that I'd be caught breaking the law, I don't want to risk loosing my privilege to ship with USPS to make a few sales, it's just not worth it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Yep, the USPS limitation is just international. Take a look here if you'd like to confirm
Link: http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...l/updt_004.htm
Happy selling and flat rate boxing!
Josh
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
I understand not wanting to risk a lot for just a little.
That said, this is my understanding of things (let me know if you think I've misinterpreted things):
LiPo batts are Lithium Polymer, less than 100 watt-hours per batt, and fall into the lithium ion chart (the second one on the USPS page). Surface and air mail are okay with those.
I believe that first chart is for batts that are just pure lithium.
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,735 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
I buy from reputable sources for batteries that all use USPS... In Alaska if I used any other way... shipping will be more then batteries. If it was inappropriate to ship via USPS those sources wouldn't use those means. Some of which say on their website no USPS to international addresses.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Thank you again - I honestly appreciate your opinion, and others opinions on this. I stand corrected, it appears that it is in fact ok to ship three or less batteries by air. I am going to take this to my local post master to be absolutely sure.

I want to point out something, and please correct me if I don't understand this correctly - If the100 watt-hour does apply, this rule would make shipping 5000mah batteries by air prohibited, right? I'm not sure of this though, I don't fully follow the Fed-ex chart, it seems to assume that individual cells are 11.1 volt, when they are actually 3.7v. It appears that the 100watt-hour rule would make 4400 6s packs the largest to be shipped by air? Or is my math wrong? I don't know how to figure watt-hours?
http://images.fedex.com/us/services/...ery_JobAid.pdf

All this being said - if my local post master is ok with me shipping them out, I will do it.

Quote:
I understand not wanting to risk a lot for just a little.
That said, this is my understanding of things (let me know if you think I've misinterpreted things):
LiPo batts are Lithium Polymer, less than 100 watt-hours per batt, and fall into the lithium ion chart (the second one on the USPS page). Surface and air mail are okay with those.
I believe that first chart is for batts that are just pure lithium.
-J
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
Yep, your math is correct. Guess I shouldn't have mailed those 6s TP 5000's a couple months ago!

I'd love to hear what your local postal worker has to say about going over the 100w-hr limit.
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
jgalexander,

I was wrong - it is acceptable to ship Lipo batteries still. My local postmaster and myself went over the DMM and she gave me the green light. It is required to write on the outside of the package, next to the shipping label

"package contains Lithium-ion batteries, No Lithium Metal"

So - flat rate shipping is available. Thank for correcting me on this, shipping with USPS makes life much easier for me.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:44 AM
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing (now you can make some money ). Did they say anything about going over the 100 watthour limit?
Josh
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing (now you can make some money ). Did they say anything about going over the 100 watthour limit?
Josh
She made no mention of it even after reading the DMM. She was only concerned about the writing on the outside of the package and the quantity of batteries (no more than three per package) I doubt the watt-hour would become and issue unless there were damages and investigators were looking for a liable party to blame. I'm fairly certain that my post master didn't know how to calculate watt-hour and the DMM had no formula. The odds of having a properly padded battery become an issue (shipping a battery over 100 watt-hour and having it cause a fire) are probably lower than winning the lotto, but still, at the senders risk.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
87 Posts
Free shipping added to some packs - shipping quoted for others
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts