HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
retrocopter
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
Discussion
Changing from crystal to new type receiver?

Hey peeps been a long time since i was on here,due to my son been born,just wondering if anyone could help me with these few things!

i was wondering what size servo these are in the pictures on my nitro car?
i need new ones asap as they twitch non stop when the engine is started and cause behavior i dont like in throttle and steering response+i have a new receiver and transmitter.
aslo,im not sure if my engine is a fazer or not?and what scale my car is?sorry its been way too long,im gone rusty and forgot a few things,helpful info for new parts.

Marty7n is offline Find More Posts by Marty7n
Last edited by Marty7n; Sep 25, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:00 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
If the servos only twitch when the engine is running getting new servos won't help you at all.

What kind of receiver are you running? Glitching like that is typically caused by two pieces of metal rubbing together from vibrations. I would go through the whole car and find anywhere that two pieces of metal could rub and fix it so there's no metal on metal rubbing.

If you're insisting on new servos, those are standard size servos. I wouldn't bet too much on servos fixing the issue though.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
If the servos only twitch when the engine is running getting new servos won't help you at all.

What kind of receiver are you running? Glitching like that is typically caused by two pieces of metal rubbing together from vibrations. I would go through the whole car and find anywhere that two pieces of metal could rub and fix it so there's no metal on metal rubbing.

If you're insisting on new servos, those are standard size servos. I wouldn't bet too much on servos fixing the issue though.
well the throttle and steering twitch,im replacing the electronics as i think the system is outdated,i have a new transmitter and receiver that dont use crystals,the old system uses crystals and i have a funny feeling the receiver is broke,i checked my crystals they are a matching pair.like if i start the car it revs up as high as it can,so i havta jump in and cut the engine off to stop it from blowing,and its the servo forcing the throttle to open fully with random twitches,i dont want it to blow my engine as its in good order and very reliable.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:21 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
Have you tried the current servos with the new 2.4ghz system yet? If not, do that first. Servos don't glitch on their own, they just react to what the receiver is telling them to do.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Have you tried the current servos with the new 2.4ghz system yet? If not, do that first. Servos don't glitch on their own, they just react to what the receiver is telling them to do.
yeah still to try that,my nitro has been sitting in the shed for over a year now,id say its no good at this stage!

any idea what engine that is in my car and what scale my car is?....
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:26 PM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
can anyone help me with a model or engine model on this please?i have no idea what it is!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
the car is probably 1/10 scale

the engine is most likely .12 or .15

if you can remove the engine, it should tell you

nick
nick30head is offline Find More Posts by nick30head
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
thanks
got in contact with the dude i bought it from,he bought it second hand aswell it was originally bought as a rc nitro drift car!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
i am trying to get rid of my crystal receiver to use my HK6DF Transmitter and receiver,but i am wondering where do i connect the battery to an the HK6DF receiver?it has 6 channels and an ID SET slot?anyone any ideas?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:49 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
You can plug the battery into any unused servo channel on the receiver.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:29 AM
retrocopter
Joined Jul 2011
194 Posts
cheers,will give this ago!