SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Dani123, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2005
142 Posts
Mini-HowTo
voltage regulator installation

Hi guys

So, I received my 2s lipo this week and finally wanted to install it together with the homemade regulator inside my SG pod, here it goes.

First, I wanted to changed as little as possible in the pod, so upon inspection I changed the JST female from the original regulator build to regular servo female plug. I will install it after the SJ in the fuse, so I will still able to charge the battery through the plug (without balance of course).

Second, comparing the two batteries, I already have a gain of 10gr, with the regulator being around 5gr, I added another 5~6 in the nose. Taking into account that the lipo won't come as forward as the original pack.

Removed the battery, some wires were re-routed so it will all fit inside in the best way. All fit snugly in. Tomorrow I will see about the added flight time.

Enjoy
Dani
Dani123 is offline Find More Posts by Dani123
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts