SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
Discussion
5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/6-7/2012

This year we will hold the 5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon on October 6th and 7th!!

This event is sponsored by the "Brotherhood of the Ring" but it is open to everyone who flies a Ringmaster of some variety. "http://www.brotherhoodofthering.info"

The attached file is for this year's informational flyer. Please download the file to see the rules and please plan to join us in the largest control line model flying event in the World! There are no entry registrations or fees!!! You just have to fly one or more of the many varieties of the Ringmaster and report via email about your participation.

Last year we had 1505 Ringmaster flights reported from around the globe and this year the goal is to have more than 2000 Ringmaster flights. This year too, we are being joined by South Korea which is the first Asian nation to participate in the Fly-A-Thon.

If anyone is thinking of setting records (yes we do keep track) you need to exceed:

428 flights by a group at one site (set in 2010 by the Alameda, CA Aer-O-Nuts)

71 flights by an individual flier (set in 2011 by Dee Rice from Houston, TX)

Don't feel that you need to set records! Just go out and fly a Ringmaster and have fun!!

Remember, you must email a report of your flights to ringmasterflyathon-2012@yahoo.com by 12:00 noon EDT on October 9th!!

So join us by flying a Ringmaster the first weekend in October and have the satisfaction of knowing you are one of hundreds of control line fliers celebrating our wonderful sport

John Cralley for the Brotherhood of the Ring

PS: If you want a file for plans for the Ringmaster S-1 (Old Time Stunt legal) e-mail me and I will attach the file to my reply. jccrall@ilstu.edu
jccrall is offline Find More Posts by jccrall
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,746 Posts
My Baby Ringmaster is ready! The Junior Ringmaster should be ready!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
OK Control Line fans, the Fly-A-Thon starts in less than two weeks. I hope a bunch of RCGroups modelers are planning to join in the fun.

Two thousand flights is a BIG challenge and we need all the help we can get!

Dust off your Ringmasters and get out and fly!!!

Don't forget to report your flights by e-mailing to ringmasterflyathon-2012@yahoo.com by 12:00 noon EDT on Tuesday October 9th!!

Check out the PDF file attached to this post for all the information you need about participating.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
I'm going flying!
Colchester IL
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
The Burlington Model Airplane Club is once again hosting a c/l fly-a-thon. 3 rings will be going all day, one will be 1/2a. Lunch will be served and we are also having different raffels going on. Dont have a Ringmaster no problem there will be some available to fly. Want to learn c/l no problem come on out we will get you on the lines. There is a $5.00 landing fee for the pilot to help offset costs. We are located in S.E. Iowa. John looking foward to some Ringmaster combat. See ya on Saturday. Here is a link to the club website. Go to news and events for more details. https://sites.google.com/site/burlin...planeclub/Home
rcflyer-rick is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer-rick
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
Tomorrow and Sunday we fly our Ringmasters for the Fly-A-Thon. I hope you have access to a Ringmaster so that you can join fliers around the globe getting their Ringmasters airborne!!!

This event is a toast to Control Line flying worldwide!!!
Last edited by jccrall; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
do you have a airplain i can buy cheap.
dx6i3 is offline Find More Posts by dx6i3
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
d

pleese reply soon
dx6i3 is offline Find More Posts by dx6i3
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
There were 60+ flights at the Burlington, IA club's Fly-A-Thon when I left and more to be put up (I had a 150 mile drive home from there)!

I hope that things are going well wherever you are.

The final Fly-A-Thon tally will be released Tuesday PM and remember you must report to the official email address by 12:00 noon EDT Tuesday the 9th:

ringmasterflyathon-2012@yahoo.com
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
The final tally of the Fly-A-Thon is in and Richard Grogan reports that we totaled 1685 flights!!!

We missed our goal of 2000 flights but broke last year's record total of 1505!!! Unfavorable weather in parts of the US and Canada may have played a part in keeping us from reaching our goal because these two countries contribute large numbers of flights. We will keep that goal of 2000 flights for next year and next year we will reach it!!

New countries this year that joined us were Korea and the Netherlands!! Australia again did a great job along with Canada, England, Brazil, South Africa, and Italy.

I will attach Word and PDF versions of the Final Tally for you to download.

THANK YOU to all that helped us break last year's record!!!
Last edited by jccrall; Oct 09, 2012 at 10:54 PM.