SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:50 AM
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Discussion
continuous rotation servo's

I wanted to try out some robotics and need a continuous rotation servo. I found http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...8&productname= these for quite the price Can I modify these for continuous rotation or should I look for something else?
mummi is online now Find More Posts by mummi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
SF, CA
Joined Apr 2006
135 Posts
Hi,

Hitec HSR-1425CR Continous Rotation Dual Robotic Servo 1425CR/1425
It costs around $17. Standard servo size.

I got two of them. They work well; with enough
torque. I might get the 180 degree one too.

Good luck! Kegresse
kegresse is offline Find More Posts by kegresse
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:46 AM
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegresse View Post
Hi,

Hitec HSR-1425CR Continous Rotation Dual Robotic Servo 1425CR/1425
It costs around $17. Standard servo size.

I got two of them. They work well; with enough
torque. I might get the 180 degree one too.

Good luck! Kegresse
Thanks for the tip, I went with the http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...2&productname= for my first projects
mummi is online now Find More Posts by mummi
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
154 Posts
I modified a Futaba S3001 in about 2 minutes by removing the plastic connector between the pot and the bottom gear, then trimmed off the lug on the top one.

It works perfectly when plugged into my receiver. Move the sticks one way, it spins round and round, move the other way and it spins the opposite direction. So far so good.

But when I just put power to the black and red leads, it gives a tiny pluse, but doesn't go round and round. I guess that's because the signal to turn comes down the white wire, but I don't want to control it that way, just one way, then the other on a plain old switch. What should I do?
Thanks, Neal
HotAir2 is offline Find More Posts by HotAir2