HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:18 AM
Doing Projects Differently
Joined Jan 2012
216 Posts
Question
felling my creation doesnt have enough power

After finish building my Enterprise-A (acording to all my data it should fly with a 4 to 1 thrust ratio ) but with my design may or may not float in the air, question has any one ever put a kit wing above an air craft to test out how the motors will have the will efect it in the air

Personal note
( I think I may have to much drag and not enough lift most likly need nore power to make it work with out the extra kite delta wing)

Should I just try it with out the extra wing or should I put on the kite wing to get it air born

PS I want so much this to be airborn but have limited amount of funds

Dave
AzTrekie is offline Find More Posts by AzTrekie
Last edited by AzTrekie; Sep 20, 2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: to ad to it
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:58 AM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,652 Posts
A picture or two might help.
djacob7 is online now Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
Doing Projects Differently
Joined Jan 2012
216 Posts
request for picyure to ilistrate the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacob7 View Post
A picture or two might help.

Kind of like an ultra lite

simulare to the picture below with the kite wing above and attached to the Enterprise- A

if any more questions please ask or any and all comments are apreciated

Thanks again Dave
AzTrekie is offline Find More Posts by AzTrekie
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,652 Posts
Do you mean by 4 to 1 thrust ratio that you have 4 times more thrust than the weight of the plane? If so, drag should not be a problem at all. 4 to 1 is highly unusual; usually a 1 to 1 ratio is more than enough.
djacob7 is online now Find More Posts by djacob7