HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Tauranga New Zealand
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Question
Please Help! Dynam Hawksky Help Needed!!!

Well I got my dynam hawksky about a year ago and has been really fun but I had disabled the ailerons to learn to fly and now I am seeing limitations as I am way better at flying it now. So the problem is that I went to put the fourth channel back but it won't work!!!!! I did everything to try and get it to work but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas!
Hawksky123 is offline Find More Posts by Hawksky123
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
What do you mean by "everything"?

Maybe one of the wires broke?
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
The servo connectors can be plugged in in two different orientations, and only one will work. Try flipping the connector over.

Also try plugging the elevator or rudder servo into the aileron slot, and plug the aileron servos (Y connector?) into one of those channels. This will help determine whether there's a problem in the receiver or the servos themselves.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:07 PM
Tauranga New Zealand
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Okay thanks, by everything I mean I tried testing all cables and changing leads over and testing voltage in receiver but I know think that the problem is in the transmitter
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksky123 View Post
Okay thanks, by everything I mean I tried testing all cables and changing leads over and testing voltage in receiver but I know think that the problem is in the transmitter
swap the rudder and aileron servo plug at the receiver. Move the rudder control and check if your ailerons are working.
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:47 PM
Tauranga New Zealand
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Nope, I think I'm going to have to get a new one
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:45 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,693 Posts
If you want good help here you must learn to be more specific. Just saying things like "I tried everything" is not descriptive enough for someone to provide reasonable help. You need to provide details.

I doubt your transmitter is a fault.

You said you "disabled" the ailerons. Please explain just what you did to disable the ailerons. Describe how the system was connected when it was working with out ailerons.

Please describe exactly how you are connecting the system to try to get the ailerons working. Which servos you have and which receiver ports they are connected to. How many aileron servos? If two are you using a "Y" cable to connect them?

Do you have a camera? Take some good pictures. They have to be in focus and be sure to show close ups. Describe what you are attempting to show with each picture.

Get the idea? Give us a break, and we'll get you the best help we can.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:01 PM
Tauranga New Zealand
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Sorry about not being descriptive.
When I first got it I disabled the ailerons by just removing the servos, they are connected via y splitter going to receiver.
Now that I'm better at flying I went to connect the servos again and they won't work, also plugged rudder (which works) into the aileron port in the receiver but no luck, just goes full right or left and I have no control. Also, my ESC has suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago and motor just flickers back and forth, might not be ESC though..
Will try get some photos soon but have no camera at the moment.
Thanks heaps,
Gareth
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:28 PM
Tauranga New Zealand
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Ok It's definitely the transmitter as when I switch the servo reverse switch it goes. But the motor won't work either :'( Idk what is happening with it, I have looked after i very well and have never crashed it so I don't know why it's doing this.