HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Discussion
Show Me Your Papers!

A victory for the rule of law, and a defeat for Obama and Holder who prefer illegal immigrants get a free pass to stay in the country until the periodic legalization events occur, or Dream Act by Presidential Edict.
Quote:
A controversial law in Arizona has just gotten the go-ahead from a U.S. District judge to be fully enforced. SB 1070 includes what is commonly called the “show me your papers” provision, which has been tied up in courts since the bill initially passed. Tuesday, Sept. 18 U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled that Arizona can start enforcing this portion of the bill, lifting an injunction that until now had held up implementing the law.

AZ Central shared the details Tuesday about the decision. The law has been in effect since July 2010, but the “show me your papers” portion has been subjected to numerous court battles with concerns it would promote racial profiling. Gov. Jan Brewer and Sheriff Joe Arpaio have been vocal in their support of the law, while the Obama administration and civil rights groups challenged the statute.

After two years of back-and-forth in court, with civil rights leaders vigorously opposed to the bill, the path has been cleared for Arizona to put the requirement into effect. Bolton's decision on Tuesday means that Arizona may immediately start enforcing this section of SB 1070, which means that “officers, while enforcing other laws, [may] question the immigration status of those suspected of being in the country illegally.” The concern is that Hispanics living in Arizona will be overwhelmingly and unfairly targeted by the law, but at this point law enforcement will be allowed to move forward.
http://www.examiner.com/article/judg...implementation
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
A victory for the rule of law, and a defeat for Obama and Holder who prefer illegal immigrants get a free pass to stay in the country until the periodic legalization events occur, or Dream Act by Presidential Edict.
http://www.examiner.com/article/judg...implementation
It's about time someone has the balls to enforce the law!
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
216 Posts
pipe is gonna be mad about this.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:44 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
pipe is gonna be mad about this.
It's probably unlikely that liberal media is reporting this Obama defeat so he may not know about it.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:45 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
It was on NPR this morning. The ACLU is going to closely monitor things so they can tattle tale to the judge in hopes of getting a reversal.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Any of you look hispanic? Me neither. But I'll bet those that do, will be even more assured of voting Democrat.
slople is offline Find More Posts by slople
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slople View Post
Any of you look hispanic? Me neither. But I'll bet those that do, will be even more assured of voting Democrat.
I've been accused of looking Mexican.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Same as those that don't look like them will vote otherwise

Sad really
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Strange way of putting it.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Strange way of putting it.
How could you possibly know? I'm just an example that destroys your racist remark. My Mexican friend said I could easily pass for Mexican.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
I look like Pennywise

Some people hate clowns
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
How could you possibly know? I'm just an example that destroys your racist remark. My Mexican friend said I could easily pass for Mexican.
My post is racist? hehehe. It is demographic. That is a far greater reach, than any Dem charge of racism. Was it meant to be turnabout or are you series? Or is it pre emptive?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
My post is racist? hehehe. It is demographic.
BS. Evidence? How many people lawfully in the US have been harassed?

Quote:
Or is it pre emptive?
The lawsuit was pre-emptive. it assumed like you do, that LEOs would act in a racist manner.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:06 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
You think people who look hispanic are more likely to support illegal immigrants in violating the law?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
BS. Evidence? How many people lawfully in the US have been harassed?

The lawsuit was pre-emptive. it assumed like you do, that LEOs would act in a racist manner.
Stop-and-Frisk Campaign: About the Issue

The NYPDís stop-and-frisk practices raise serious concerns over racial profiling, illegal stops and privacy rights. The Departmentís own reports on its stop-and-frisk activity confirm what many people in communities of color across the city have long known: The police are stopping hundreds of thousands of law abiding New Yorkers every year, and the vast majority are black and Latino.

http://www.nyclu.org/issues/racial-j...risk-practices
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I said pre emptive, I meant you charging me as racist.